The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

I'm all for letting people who don't wanna be saved fall by the wayside. Problem is no government can come out and say that. They have to "act in the best interest of everyone"
Couple things...giving people natural immunity exemptions isn't not acting in the best interest of everyone or letting anyone "fall by the wayside". It's following science, no more, no less.

France's Covid immunity passport includes natural immunity and negative tests.

Reactions: King Freeman
Couple things...giving people natural immunity exemptions isn't not acting in the best interest of everyone or letting anyone "fall by the wayside". It's following science, no more, no less.

France's Covid immunity passport includes natural immunity and negative tests.

I'm talking about the people who would try to intentionally get infected with covid. Unfortunately the government can't, explicitly anyways, say fuck them people. You still have to implement things that keeps people from trying to throw a covid party and purposely get the virus

Reactions: SneakDZA
I'm talking about the people who would try to intentionally get infected with covid. Unfortunately the government can't, explicitly anyways, say fuck them people. You still have to implement things that keeps people from trying to throw a covid party and purposely get the virus
The government telling me I don't have to get vaxxed bc I have natural immunity is not saying "fuck group A" who is not even a number that can be estimated.

I think this is bias making u look at it that way bc unvaxxed has a stigma attached to it with no nuance.

From that above article:
Screenshot_20210929-105359.png

Y'all are basically in support of undermining people who are better protected from catching/spreading Covid than u bc of a boogey man that can't even be quantified and possibly a severely miniscule amount of people.

It's illogical and non scientific. This what we supposed to put our trust in?

Y'all are basically in support of undermining people who are better protected from catching/spreading Covid than u bc of a boogey man that can't even be quantified and possibly a severely miniscule amount of people.

It's illogical and non scientific. This what we supposed to put our trust in?

yes because we are conditioned to do what we are told. Media & manipulation has always been undefeated.

The government telling me I don't have to get vaxxed bc I have natural immunity is not saying "fuck group A" who is not even a number that can be estimated.

I think this is bias making u look at it that way bc unvaxxed has a stigma attached to it with no nuance.

From that above article:
View attachment 657380

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about people who've already been infected I'm talking people who haven't gotten covid and would intentionally try to get themselves or their family members infected so they can rhen have natural immunity. Those are the people who unfortunately can't just be left

Reactions: TheNightKing
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about people who've already been infected I'm talking people who haven't gotten covid and would intentionally try to get themselves or their family members infected so they can rhen have natural immunity. Those are the people who unfortunately can't just be left
"The people who haven't gotten Covid can't be left, so we must punished those who have to save the others"

That makes sense to u? You're smarter than that.

Also, if data and studies worldwide show natural.immunity is stronger than fully vaxxed, but our agencies are ignoring it, are they still following the science?

• Ether
Reactions: Iceberg_Taylor
"The people who haven't gotten Covid can't be left, so we must punished those who have to save the others"

That makes sense to u? You're smarter than that.

Also, if data and studies worldwide show natural.immunity is stronger than fully vaxxed, but our agencies are ignoring it, are they still following the science?

It doesn't make sense to me on a micro level but on macro level yes...because people are dumb and as has already been shown will do stupid things to infect themselves, and possibly others, so they can also attain natural immunity. So it's not about just saving them fr themselves but also others they can potentially harm. There's all sorts of shit that makes no sense but is still implemented in our daily lives not for the majority that are smart enough to know better but instead for the idiots who don't.

And you keep repeating about ignoring the science. It's not that simplistic. Go reference the article you posted where it was stated explicitly that people don't do well with nuance so that's where the wall keeps getting hit on natural immunity being promoted. It will inevitably lead to people doing shit to intentionally get infected. We already know that will happen because it's happened with covid same as it's happened with other disease people don't want to get themselves or their children vaccinated for.

Reactions: TheNightKing
People are already taking their chances unvaxxed. People are already using alternative "treatments".

Even if that is the reason it's dumb af bc u are punishing people who don't need to be punish to save people who don't wanna be saved.
If it was about saving people that would be true.

Reactions: ChicagoFigure
It doesn't make sense to me on a micro level but on macro level yes...because people are dumb and as has already been shown will do stupid things to infect themselves, and possibly others, so they can also attain natural immunity. So it's not about just saving them fr themselves but also others they can potentially harm. There's all sorts of shit that makes no sense but is still implemented in our daily lives not for the majority that are smart enough to know better but instead for the idiots who don't.

And you keep repeating about ignoring the science. It's not that simplistic. Go reference the article you posted where it was stated explicitly that people don't do well with nuance so that's where the wall keeps getting hit on natural immunity being promoted. It will inevitably lead to people doing shit to intentionally get infected. We already know that will happen because it's happened with covid same as it's happened with other disease people don't want to get themselves or their children vaccinated for.
Just gotta agree to disagree.

All that isn't good enough to take basic freedoms away from people who aren't a threat. It's terrible in this situation and any other.

And only hurts their credibility imo.

There's other countries not ignoring it. Clearly America is showing another issue they are behind on.

Just gotta agree to disagree.

All that isn't good enough to take basic freedoms away from people who aren't a threat. It's terrible in this situation and any other.

And only hurts their credibility imo.

There's other countries not ignoring it. Clearly America is showing another issue they are behind on.

América is also a country that thrives on individualism and not being told what to do and it's the reason why this situation has gotten as bad as it has here. And that individualism also seems to be the basis of your pov as well which is interesting