The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

So 400 a day beginning of July and then 2400 a day after?
4th anyone?
Eurocup
And other large gatherings.

And how 60% is fully vaxxed but 69% got at least one shot? I’m a bit slow lately but that don’t add up.

I’m going to sleep now

• Haha
Reactions: deadeye
So 400 a day beginning of July and then 2400 a day after?
4th anyone?
Eurocup
And other large gatherings.

And how 60% is fully vaxxed but 69% got at least one shot? I’m a bit slow lately but that don’t add up.

I’m going to sleep now
9% waiting on the second shot.

I’m not going back to wearing a mask, lol. It’s personal accountability now. You don’t want ill effects from Covid, get the vaccine. Otherwise, you’ve accepted the risk and have to live with that.
Bro
You can still catch it and spread it. This ain’t a non vax issue . I don’t mind taking accountability for if I get sick.....but the invincible thing is not true for vaxxed.

I know it’s been said already

Yes, that was him backpedaling once he got called out on his claim. It’s right there though.

Here it is again verbatim in case you didn’t see it the first time:

“How you can say that is not gain-of-function—it’s a dance, and you’re dancing around this, because you’re trying to obscure responsibility for four million people around the world dying from a pandemic.”

So come on bro, you know what he was driving at and continues to drive at by touting this paper. His backpedal in the heat of the moment doesn’t change this fact.
Naw bruh you're missing it. He's saying through gain of function research, which Fauci/NIH have funded at one point, caused the lab leak (if hypothesis turns out to be true). He's not saying the viruses in that paper specifically caused the pandemic, he's saying the paper shows the lab conducting gain of function experiments that NIH is on record funding. They are funding gain of function research to a lab that plausibly caused a virus leak, thus creating the pandemic.

Last edited:

Fresh vid from 20 min ago

First 2:30 give the background
2:30-4:05 get into Paul/Fauci back and forth and how Fauci word playing his way out of that
The rest of it basically talks about Fauci's bottom line: profits

• Ether
Reactions: DOS_patos
Naw bruh you're missing it. He's saying through gain of function research, which Fauci/NIH have funded at one point, caused the lab leak (if hypothesis turns out to be true). He's not saying the viruses in that paper specifically caused the pandemic, he's saying the paper shows the lab conducting gain of function experiments that NIH is on record funding. They are funding gain of function research to a lab that plausibly caused a virus leak, thus creating the pandemic.
I realize I'm doing a shitty ass job explaining this right now 😅

• Haha
Reactions: TheNightKing
I realize I'm doing a shitty ass job explaining this right now 😅
Been there bro, as you know, lol. I think I see what you’re saying but we just disagree. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Good discourse and discussion helps all gain better understanding. I’ve learned more about that paper and that side of the argument because of our exchanges.

Bro
You can still catch it and spread it. This ain’t a non vax issue . I don’t mind taking accountability for if I get sick.....but the invincible thing is not true for vaxxed.

I know it’s been said already
I didn’t say I couldn’t catch it and spread it. That’s not my concern. I just care that I won’t get hospitalized or die from it. And if non-vaxxed want to take that risk, that’s on them.

Last edited:
  • Goat
Reactions: deadeye
Been there bro, as you know, lol. I think I see what you’re saying but we just disagree. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Good discourse and discussion helps all gain better understanding. I’ve learned more about that paper and that side of the argument because of our exchanges.
Respect

Reactions: TheNightKing
I know there are many vaccines, but how can Johnson and Johnson even be allowed to do any business right now considering how bad they have been at not giving people cancer or hooked on drugs? I am supposed to trust a vaccine distributed by people that cannot be trusted? Yet I am the animal for not wanting the vaccine. How, after the last four and half years can I trust anything related to the US government? There has not been enough post-Trump damage control to convince me that this government has anyone's health in their best interest.

It scares me more that so many have not just taken the vaccine, but have turned to supporting all sort of archaic mandates to force others to take it. Going as far as wishing death on people who do not take it. What will these same supporters say when the government requires you to take a new vaccine every year? Is that fine too? I have never had a flu shot...should I be blamed for people dying of the flu as well? How come I can't make the same demands from people who drink alcohol, considering the potential risk they pose? It sounds silly, doesn't it?

I know there are many vaccines, but how can Johnson and Johnson even be allowed to do any business right now considering how bad they have been at not giving people cancer or hooked on drugs? I am supposed to trust a vaccine distributed by people that cannot be trusted? Yet I am the animal for not wanting the vaccine. How, after the last four and half years can I trust anything related to the US government? There has not been enough post-Trump damage control to convince me that this government has anyone's health in their best interest.

It scares me more that so many have not just taken the vaccine, but have turned to supporting all sort of archaic mandates to force others to take it. Going as far as wishing death on people who do not take it. What will these same supporters say when the government requires you to take a new vaccine every year? Is that fine too? I have never had a flu shot...should I be blamed for people dying of the flu as well? How come I can't make the same demands from people who drink alcohol, considering the potential risk they pose? It sounds silly, doesn't it?

The vaccine isn't just a US thing so basing it on trusting just the US government isn't looking at things through the full scope. This government has been fucked long before Trump took office so it shouldn't have taken that just to side eye the decisions this government makes. I do think that JJ jumping into the vaccines was something people should have outright rejected given their previous history with their products. That's some shit that just got glossed over like it was nothing

Reactions: Loneshot