Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

I think that for me the strangest justification for refusing to get vaccinated is the idea that they don't 100% prevent infection, sickness, hospitalization or death.

It's like, 'This option only reduces my chance of illness or death by 90%, so I will choose the option that leaves my chance of death at 50%."

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I think that for me the strangest justification for refusing to get vaccinated is the idea that they don't 100% prevent infection, sickness, hospitalization or death.

It's like, 'This option only reduces my changes of illness or death by 90%, so I will choose the option that leaves my chances of death at 50%."

tenor.gif

What does "reduce my changes of illness" mean?

Or are you saying it 90% percent reduces the chance of catching covid?

Covid isn’t even fatal less than 10% of the time

prayerfully it’s nothing permanent, life threatening and that it’s only a small minority
As of now, it is. And the side effects of the vaccine are still much less severe and occur much less frequently than Covid complications.

What does "reduce my changes of illness" mean?

Or are you saying it 90% percent reduces the chance of catching covid?

I simplified for the purposes of a nice one-liner, but it reduces the chances of infection, and in virtue of that reduces the chances of illness, but it also reduces the chances of illness for any given person who happens to get infected.

Tho still very rare, the death by vaccine numbers are happening. Mostly older age group but now an 18 yr old girl in Italy and mostly from Astrazeneca causing blood clots.

Two testing positive and no outbreak/hospitalization (as far as we know) is pretty good at least

States are doing incentives now to bring up the numbers. NC just announced they're going to do a lottery and people that already got vaccinated are automatically in it but if you get vaccinated after the June 10th you get put in twice

$1M for 18+ and I think it was $125k for minors future college education

Lol so I'm going next week to get my first shot

States are doing incentives now to bring up the numbers. NC just announced they're going to do a lottery and people that already got vaccinated are automatically in it but if you get vaccinated after the June 10th you get put in twice

$1M for 18+ and I think it was $125k for minors future college education

Lol so I'm going next week to get my first shot

So wait.. were you considering getting the vaccine before the lottery or was it the lottery shit that influenced your decision?

Back