Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

If it happened on accident though, and people seized on this opportunity to gain funding for vaccine and other R&D advances, is that necessarily a bad thing? Especially if they pushed vaccine effectiveness and safety into a new era?

The same kind of aggressive R&D that led to the accidental leak?

I guess the Wuhan thing can go 2 ways. It was either leaked or it wasn’t. Then if it was leaked, it could have happened by accident or on purpose.

If it happened on purpose, whomever was responsible needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of national and international law, and I don’t care who was involved.

If it happened on accident though, and people seized on this opportunity to gain funding for vaccine and other R&D advances, is that necessarily a bad thing? Especially if they pushed vaccine effectiveness and safety into a new era?
To your second point. It can be a bad thing if those who were “sacrificed” for the greater good aren’t martyrs

Here’s an interesting article about the “data”

That’s not concerning to you? That we would continue feeding into a program whose participants aren’t held accountable for endangering public safety?
I see your point now. In my hypothetical the two parties weren’t the same. But I guess you’re saying the people driving the vaccine R&D would be the same people who oversaw the Wuhan leak.

I guess the Wuhan thing can go 2 ways. It was either leaked or it wasn’t. Then if it was leaked, it could have happened by accident or on purpose.

If it happened on purpose, whomever was responsible needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of national and international law, and I don’t care who was involved.

Whoever leaked it out the lab had to self contaminate. They're dead.

To your second point. It can be a bad thing if those who were “sacrificed” for the greater good aren’t martyrs
My only point about something not being a bad thing was in relation to someone advancing vaccine R&D on the back of an accident. The accident and resulting loss of life would have happened regardless.

And again, I’m not saying the same people who caused the accident would be the same people pushing the R&D. If you guys are saying they are the same, then that would absolutely be problematic. The people who caused it should be prosecuted as I said and certainly not benefit from the fall out.

But there might have been people who directed the operation and set someone up to unwittingly leak the virus.

I don't believe anyone working in that setting is dumb enough to unwittingly leak a virus. A lot of mistakes have to be made to do something like that unwittingly.

I agree it was probably a group think tho. There were multiple probably even several people involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe anyone working in that setting is dumb enough to unwittingly leak a virus. A lot of mistakes have to be made to do something like that unwillingly.

I agree it was probably a group think tho. There were multiple probably even several people involved.
Ehhhh

a while ago my wife was invited to China for an inspection.

remember me speaking Bout

they not bright over there

I’m saying they are dog shit when it. When it comes to regulation.

I'm saying it's 2 different animals you speaking on. You comparing a storage container station to a virology lab. This is not even worth debate.

Back