Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

@jonsmithcan rolling in his grave.

to carry on my @JohnSmith esque style of retoric: Your stand on masks and society with COVID can be described with the following allusion: you’re like Bruce Wayne in Batman V Superman talking bout that ‘1% chance’ that Supes would turn evil which is a chance your azz can’t and won’t take lol.

but instead of fighting Supes you’re actually hiding in the bat cave and urging everyone else to do the same. Not realizing you shouldn’t be afraid and should have actually fucked up Lex Luthor for playing your azz all this time.

Yeah I started reading your posts @Hundredeyes , but that’s a little much. From what I did read, I’m not surprised people are manipulating things to drive money in certain companies’ direction. Happens all the time.

Bottom line is does the vaccine work and is it safe? If both of those boxes are checked, who is banking off of it is a different fight I’m not taking up by denying myself the vaccine.

If I missed something pertinent you said about the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine, please let me know and I’ll be happy to go back and read.

I know people who got reinfected with covid more than once, 2 went to ICU (one is still there).

Fam like most vaccines you gotta go back and get updates as some viruses or diseases mutate. Man every year when I do my physical I get updates for vaccines I have or others that are threats. Always been the healthy type, I dont eat junk food or fast food, box/MMA 2-3 times a week, juicing with leafy green vegetables, all that shit.

One thing I hope people take away from this pandemic is the need to keep health a #1 priority. People underestimate their health until they get ill.

I hope they recover as soon as possible fam, eventhough anecdotal evidence is rarely considered as such in the scientific and medical world, I’ll take your word for it.

Im with you 100% about the living healthy part, a discussion not many want to have but which imo should be fundamental is the given that - at least here in Europe - not only are the elderly at mortal risk - 5% give or take above 70 - but most people that end up in the hospital over here are overweight men above 50 who are on mobility scooters... which could happen to all of us.

but where I’m at the ministers of health is promoting everything but eating and living healthy and people are more concerned with being able to go to bars instead of the gym or their sports club lol so I’m afraid our plight won’t be heard fam.

were still in a ‘intelligent lockdown’ over here but KFC and MacD are open yet it’s healthy - non drive thru having alternatives - are closed or bankrupt, gyms and all sport related shit are closed (sans the professional sports, football/soccer etc) and its been like this since October 2020.

I think the biggest issue is lack of consistent information regarding covid. No one really knows how to combat it outside of being vaccinated. People are reacting differently to it. While I agree there's a financial incentive for corporations (it just is what it is), the vaccine does work and I do think people should still get vaccinated. Man it's easy to sit up and clown but it's people even on ABW who lost family members to covid who would give anything to bring em back.

Yeah I’m not downplaying the virus - 1% that catches it dying is huge - and I can understand why people are afraid but my governments approach has been lacking to say the least and the (for lack of a better word) side effects of the lockdowns and anti COVID measurements have been absolutely dreadful .

suicide is on a record high amongst young people, depressions and stress at an all time high, almost 75% of the Horeca in The Netherlands - Hotels, Restaurants and Cafes - have gone bankrupt, people lost their jobs and unlike other countries we did not get stimulus checks and eventhough were known for our good healthcare our government has downsized our healthcare capabilities - we can only handle 2500 hospitalizations nation wide, we have around 120 hospitals but no personal for 17 million people - to put it in perspective ; the German state of West Falen with a similar population count has 5 times our ICU capabilities and we’re actually placing our patients across the border while postponing regular care.

people with cancer aren’t getting treated right now in Holland cause our healthcare can’t handle 800 COVID patients... I’m not making this up.

And I’m fortunate af to be healthy and financially stable and all that but loads of people are in debt they can’t get out of on top of this COVID shit and when this COVID crisis is ‘over’ - pressure on the hospitals is down - the economic crisis will continue ...

fucked up shit all around . Excuse the titangraph lol

Dayum I aint realize that there are countries in Europe that werent able to offer stimulus checks. My dude Canada has been a shit show with handling covid. I ended up getting covid because of how lousy the vaccine rollout was. Then they go about locking everything down despite the vaccine. Our Prime Minister was raving about getting 800,000 vaccines - nigga there are 30 million Canadians and we supposed to be a top 5 country in the world for healthcare SMMFH. They have it now where you can call or book appointments online for the vaccine and that's been a shit show too. I'm able to now get my vaccine cuz my boy got a hook up for me for the pfizer vaccine.

im curious what vaccine they mostly have out there?

Out here they had Moderna and Pfizer during the height of it... for some reason they are switching over to a Astrazenica supply soon and any consideration I had to take the vaccine is out the window until I have another option outside of Astrazenica personally

were still in a ‘intelligent lockdown’ over here but KFC and MacD are open yet it’s healthy - non drive thru having alternatives - are closed or bankrupt,

gyms and all sport related shit are closed (sans the professional sports, football/soccer etc)..............and its been like this since October 2020.

Since October???

Don't know what kind of condition I'd be in if my gym was still closed.

For the few months it was closed last year, my right knee started acting up.

Once it opened back up again and after a couple of months on the leg lift machine, it was back to normal though.

Interesting how, in the first few months of Covid........everyone was talking about how well Europe was handling the crisis.

Now it seems like they're in worse shape than we are.

Dayum I aint realize that there are countries in Europe that werent able to offer stimulus checks. My dude Canada has been a shit show with handling covid. I ended up getting covid because of how lousy the vaccine rollout was. Then they go about locking everything down despite the vaccine. Our Prime Minister was raving about getting 800,000 vaccines - nigga there are 30 million Canadians and we supposed to be a top 5 country in the world for healthcare SMMFH. They have it now where you can call or book appointments online for the vaccine and that's been a shit show too. I'm able to now get my vaccine cuz my boy got a hook up for me for the pfizer vaccine.

How you gonna blame somebody else for you getting covid.

At some level you were moving reckless. What does the government and vaccine rollout have to do with you contracting covid19?

And over 30% of Canada been vaccinated so what are you even talking about with 800,000 doses. That's misinformation. That 800k was the first shipment of doses received in December from moderna. They received 1.6mil from Pfizer around the same time.

Screenshot_20210509-051436_Chrome.jpg

The vaccine is widely available to anyone in Canada that wants it.

Where they are fucking up imo is they prioritized getting the first dose out to everyone instead of focusing on getting both doses out and getting people fully vaccinated quicker, widening the gap between both doses therefore potentially weakening the efficacy.

One of the reasons I'm not taking it yet. We don't know if the 3-4 month gap between doses will be effective.

Please stop saying anything.

How you gonna blame somebody else for you getting covid.

At some level you were moving reckless. What does the government and vaccine rollout have to do with you contracting covid19?

And over 30% of Canada been vaccinated so what are you even talking about with 800,000 doses. That's misinformation. That 800k was the first shipment of doses received in December from moderna. They received 1.6mil from Pfizer around the same time.

View attachment 529891

The vaccine is widely available to anyone in Canada that wants it.

Where they are fucking up imo is they prioritized getting the first dose out to everyone instead of focusing on getting both doses out and getting people fully vaccinated quicker, widening the gap between both doses therefore potentially weakening the efficacy.

One of the reasons I'm not taking it yet. We don't know if the 3-4 month gap between doses will be effective.

Please stop saying anything.
The gap between astrazenca is shown to be more effective (used in the UK) Pfizer I'm not too sure about

The gap between astrazenca is shown to be more effective (used in the UK) Pfizer I'm not too sure about

That's supposed to be the gap for AstraZeneca tho. There was a thread on it already. Now countries like canada and the uk amongst others are applying AstraZeneca dosage rates to the other vaccines hoping it has the same efficacy.

Dude wtf ? Clearly I was upset, I did everything in my power best I could to prevent covid. It's that contagious that it's only a matter of time before someone gets it. When they FIRST started talking about getting vaccines, Trudeau was making press conferences about getting 800k in the beginning. I know what the current numbers are. Had they handled the rollout properly and moved with the same tenacity that say a Joe Biden did, we wouldn't still be in lockdowns and the vaccine would have been way more accessible, some of the people I know also wouldn't have lost people to the virus if we handled it better. We had to wait way longer than we needed to. The fact I had to go to get a hook-up for a vaccine is all that needs to be said. We're in May and finally now everyone else is able to and it's still a waiting game for appointments. In the US, you can get vaccinated almost everywhere. Perhaps Florida had it right the whole time. The Ontario government was on track in the beginning and then got lousy.

Good sir please fuck off and have a good day.

No one on earth handled it properly stop saying anything.

Lol at joe biden handling it properly he outbid and hoarded the market.

I think the fact that, at least in US, some of the politicians enforcing lock down measurements weren't adhering to it themselves (and summa them mfs older than dracula) added to the skepticism.

A mf like me who has to second guess everything, especially the harder it's hammered on us, wonders why they implement sedentary lifestyle type restrictions which can only reduce our health, then in turn only promote big pharma solutions to save us.

Just doesn't sit right with me. I'm 99% sure I'll eventually get vaccinated though just a matter of when.

Back