Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

I mean this respectfully,

That's an ignorant approach. There is absolutely no logic behind doing that besides putting yourself at risk.
Ur entitled to your opinion

The way this been rushed makes me hesitant. It's not uncommon for people to suffer severe side effects. And who knows if that can cause long term problems. U don't have them answers and neither do I.

So I figure I'll wait it out if I can.

I’m going to wait 5 or 6 months before I take it.. To see if it’s actually working effectively...

The reality is you'll be waiting 5 or 6 months from now before you take it anyway. Distribution of vaccines of this magnitude to the entire planet are unprecedented. the average joe like most of us will have little say in how fast we can get it anyway.

I think most people think that the vaccines is just gonna be sitting at CVS or Walgreens around the corner in a few weeks just waiting for you to walkin and get poked and that shit is so outlandish that I have to laugh at that just a little bit lololololol.

Bottom line is the majority of the people who are saying they are gonna wait because they are skeptical were never going to be getting poked first anyway.

By the time most of us on this site get any of these vaccines The Browns will have won the Super Bowl in February 2021 and LeBron will be will have won his 5th ring.

Ur entitled to your opinion

The way this been rushed makes me hesitant. It's not uncommon for people to suffer severe side effects. And who knows if that can cause long term problems. U don't have them answers and neither do I.

So I figure I'll wait it out if I can.

But it's not being rushed. That's not a true statement.

Being rushed would mean that the scientist and developers are cutting corners and that's simply not true at all. The eyes of the whole entire world are on these vaccines. There's absolutely no possible way that any vaccine would've made it this far in development without going through all of the normal testing required.

This is that conspiracy and fear mongering that I was talking about.

Ima let y’all test it out for me first

That's already been done. This shit ain't a backwoods moonshine lolololololol.

These vaccines go through 4 stages of development before they are even packaged. We started out in February with over 50 vaccines in development. We are now down to 4. What that also means is that all of the scientist and experts who were working on those other 46 vaccines are now assisting with the current 4. This isn't a capitalist effort. It's science.

And I'm not trying to say that I am an expert. I'm not.

However I have worked very closely regarding Ebola when is was running wild 6 years ago. I paid very close attention to how all of this works. When I had a secret clearance one of the training pieces I had to complete was disease control. The higher up you get with classified material the more random shit you only see in movies you have to actually start preparing for.

My unit had to run a training simulation where we were tasked with distributing a vaccine to a community during an outbreak. It was a 2 week course. It was hell but it was very informative. We ended up deploying and setting up field medical areas to help treat people with Ebola.

But it's not being rushed. That's not a true statement.

Being rushed would mean that the scientist and developers are cutting corners and that's simply not true at all. The eyes of the whole entire world are on these vaccines. There's absolutely no possible way that any vaccine would've made it this far in development without going through all of the normal testing required.

This is that conspiracy and fear mongering that I was talking about.
U do know some vaccines released to the public have failed or pulled back or resulted in legal action due to complications right?

Considering most take years to make and this was done in less than a year and already has official reports of severe side effects in some participants...

...I'ma let u go first.

U do know some vaccines released to the public have failed or pulled back or resulted in legal action due to complications right?

Considering most take years to make and this was done in less than a year and already has official reports of severe side effects in some participants...

...I'ma let u go first.

Yes I do know that. There have even been some this year related to COVID.

The whole point that you're missing though is that the vaccines that are currently en-route to be distributed have already passed that phase in the trials.

Your concern is valid but it does not apply to the vaccine that you will be putting in your arm later next year.

That's why I said that's fear mongering.

Crocodiles are very dangerous species and you absolutely should not swim near them in the water or enter waters where they dwell.

I live in Cleveland OH though right off of Laker Erie so me refusing to get into the water at Laker Erie specifically because Crocodiles are dangerous is pretty silly isn't it considering that there are no Crocodiles in Laker Erie right?

Yes I do know that. There have even been some this year related to COVID.

The whole point that you're missing though is that the vaccines that are currently en-route to be distributed have already passed that phase in the trials.

Your concern is valid but it does not apply to the vaccine that you will be putting in your arm later next year.

That's why I said that's fear mongering.

Crocodiles are very dangerous species and you absolutely should not swim near them in the water or enter waters where they dwell.

I live in Cleveland OH though right off of Laker Erie so me refusing to get into the water at Laker Erie specifically because Crocodiles are dangerous is pretty silly isn't it considering that there are no Crocodiles in Laker Erie right?
Ay man, regardless, I hope you're right.

I'm just not gonna rush it..I'ma pay attn though.

That's already been done. This shit ain't a backwoods moonshine lolololololol.

These vaccines go through 4 stages of development before they are even packaged. We started out in February with over 50 vaccines in development. We are now down to 4. What that also means is that all of the scientist and experts who were working on those other 46 vaccines are now assisting with the current 4. This isn't a capitalist effort. It's science.

I agree and I need y’all to go get it ASAP

You said they started in Feb, so they would know long term effects to the extent of about 10 months? Tell me what I’m missing

My ABW New and rumors spot ppl?

@Rubato
@IP360
@StringerBell
@Los216
@deadeye
@The Lonious Monk
@Mister
@Mister B.
@Disanthrope
@Dwayne
@AP21
@DOS_patos
@JohnSmithCAN
@VIBE
@Elzo69Renaissance
@Mr.LV
@KingFreeman
@Inori
@TheNightKing
@SneakDZA
@Sion
@grYmes
@Chi-town B
@ChicagoFigure
@Cain
@OhMars
@Focal Point
@The Hue
@Chi-akin Citywalker

Serious question. Are you and yours taking this vaccine?

I dont want to, but if have to i will(work requirement, insurance related etc). Vaccines usually take years. Not 9 months. No way to know if there are any serious currently unknown side effects that might happen years from now.

Yall takin it

I currently have no plans on taking that shit at all. I dont even get flu shots like that.

If there is a stipulation to where i'll have to get it in order to travel to see my family then I will consider it after a significant amount of time has passed

Ay man, regardless, I hope you're right.

I'm just not gonna rush it..I'ma pay attn though.

That's cool but what I'm telling you is even if you wanted to you couldn't rush to get it. This whole process is not designed for people to be beating down the doors at Walgreens for a shot.

I agree and I need y’all to go get it ASAP

You said they started in Feb, so they would know long term effects to the extent of about 10 months? Tell me what I’m missing

Yes but everything isn't black and white like that. You have to remember that this virus did not just dhow up out of nowhere. It already existed and was very prevelant in animals. When this strand of Coronavirus was passed from animals (Bats in a wet market in Wuhun China) to humans the work was started to accurately assess the effects and treatments on humans.

Just know that a vaccine getting mass produced like these are will not fuck you up and give you rain damage. These vaccines aren't going to paralyze you. Just like getting a flu shot is not going to make you go blind.

Yes but everything isn't black and white like that. You have to remember that this virus did not just dhow up out of nowhere. It already existed and was very prevelant in animals. When this strand of Coronavirus was passed from animals (Bats in a wet market in Wuhun China) to humans the work was started to accurately assess the effects and treatments on humans.

Just know that a vaccine getting mass produced like these are will not fuck you up and give you rain damage. These vaccines aren't going to paralyze you. Just like getting a flu shot is not going to make you go blind.

They just recently started understanding the connection of the flu shot that’s been around forever and Guillain Barre syndrome... you’ll have to excuse me but I’m giving this one a little runway

They just recently started understanding the connection of the flu shot that’s been around forever and Guillain Barre syndrome... you’ll have to excuse me but I’m giving this one a little runway

Lol fam is acting like Pfizer, Moderna n AstraZeneca, J n J etc didnt have a million lawsuits on their hands due to faulty products before they even started developing a Rona vaccin - which they are not liable for this time around.

I have no idea why young people in the States seem to be taking flu shots cause here in Europe only the elderly seem to take em, most elderly here in Holland don't even get a flu shot lol...

A Dutch journalist asked all the major ministers/politicians on camera yesterday if they would take the vaccin and none of them said yes. Right, left, centrists etc, they all stated that they wouldnt take it.

There is no shame in sitting this one out lol

@Rubato
@IP360
@StringerBell
@Los216
@deadeye
@The Lonious Monk
@Mister
@Mister B.
@Disanthrope
@Dwayne
@AP21
@DOS_patos
@JohnSmithCAN
@VIBE
@Elzo69Renaissance
@Mr.LV
@KingFreeman
@Inori
@TheNightKing
@SneakDZA
@Sion
@grYmes
@Chi-town B
@ChicagoFigure
@Cain
@OhMars
@Focal Point
@The Hue
@Chi-akin Citywalker

I dont want to, but if have to i will(work requirement, insurance related etc). Vaccines usually take years. Not 9 months. No way to know if there are any serious currently unknown side effects that might happen years from now.

Yall takin it
I’m not going to rush to take it, but that’s not saying much about me. I’m not an early adopter of anything really, I think there’s always bugs in the first versions of things.

I don’t think there will be anything inherently wrong with this vaccine though. If me or any of my family were immune-compromised though, we’d get it to keep them safe. I’d encourage the elderly in my family to get it since it’s almost a death sentence for them.

I see it like this, it’s a risk either way. Don’t get it, catch COVID, then find out you got some sort of underlying health condition and fight for your life. Or take the vaccine that could potentially have a devastating side effect. Risk either way. I’d probably err on the side of the vaccine though because at least it’s been tested and will in short order be in more bodies than the disease itself.

@Rubato
@IP360
@StringerBell
@Los216
@deadeye
@The Lonious Monk
@Mister
@Mister B.
@Disanthrope
@Dwayne
@AP21
@DOS_patos
@JohnSmithCAN
@VIBE
@Elzo69Renaissance
@Mr.LV
@KingFreeman
@Inori
@TheNightKing
@SneakDZA
@Sion
@grYmes
@Chi-town B
@ChicagoFigure
@Cain
@OhMars
@Focal Point
@The Hue
@Chi-akin Citywalker

Yall takin it

Yes but I sure as hell ain't gonna be part of the first wave of people taking it. I need to see what the immediate possible side effects are.

Back