Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Grams passed away yesterday they took her off life support, she fought for a couple of days but that was it got the call last night while i was gaming with my older brother.

i didn't tell him,but i did so bad he probably knew. like i said im in jersey but all my fam is in NY except my brother and his son, i want them to come over but his son has asthma issues and i don't want to take that risk , but he's shacked up with broad i don't like she wont provide him the emotional support he needs.

Got told today my little brother( not actually related) Who's locked up moms who was a vegetable fell into a coma because of the virus idk if he knows i can't write him because my phone is broke

Other boy moms just had emergency heart surgery and has been on dialysis for a few months now so its if she doesn't got the hospital she will die if she goes to the hospital she will die. then he tells me his father n law got it.

A few of us may be completely parent-less after this and i have to prepare myself for this because this is what the facts are leading up to

honestly im scared for my mental health and everybody around me

Grams passed away yesterday they took her off life support, she fought for a couple of days but that was it got the call last night while i was gaming with my older brother.

i didn't tell him,but i did so bad he probably knew. like i said im in jersey but all my fam is in NY except my brother and his son, i want them to come over but his son has asthma issues and i don't want to take that risk , but he's shacked up with broad i don't like she wont provide him the emotional support he needs.

Got told today my little brother( not actually related) Who's locked up moms who was a vegetable fell into a coma because of the virus idk if he knows i can't write him because my phone is broke

Other boy moms just had emergency heart surgery and has been on dialysis for a few months now so its if she doesn't got the hospital she will die if she goes to the hospital she will die. then he tells me his father n law got it.

A few of us may be completely parent-less after this and i have to prepare myself for this because this is what the facts are leading up to

honestly im scared for my mental health and everybody around me
Damn that's rough man try and keep your head up. Easier said than done i know

U.S. leads world in confirmed coronavirus cases for first time

Axios

Capitol reflected in side of an ambulance

The U.S. Capitol reflected in the side of a standby ambulance on March 26, 2020. Photo: Alex Edelman/AFP via Getty Images
The Unites States on Thursday reported the most coronavirus cases in the world for the first time, over China and Italy with at least 82,404 infections and more than 1,000 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins.
Why it matters: From the beginning, the U.S. — with a population of more than 325 million — has repeatedly underestimated and reacted slowly to the coronavirus, prolonging its economic pain and multiplying its toll on Americans’ health.
First, it happened with testing — a delay that allowed the virus to spread undetected, Axios' Caitlin Owens reports.
  • Then we were caught flat-footed by the surge in demand for medical supplies in emerging hotspots.
  • And the Trump administration declined to issue a national shelter-in-place order. The resulting patchwork across the country left enough economic hubs closed to crash the economy, but enough places up and running to allow the virus to continue to spread rampantly.
What they're saying: At a press conference Thursday, President Trump attributed the U.S. overtaking China to ramped up testing, before casting doubt on whether the Chinese government is reporting accurate numbers.
  • It is possible that China, which was the site of the original coronavirus outbreak, has been underreporting its cases.
  • The Chinese government covered up the outbreak in its first few weeks, likely allowing the virus to spread both domestically and throughout the rest of the world.
Flashback: Exactly one month ago on Feb. 25, President Trump said at a coronavirus press briefing that the U.S. has 15 reported cases and that "the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero."
Go deeper: The best-case scenario on coronavirus keeps getting worse

Back