Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

People are so worried about the gap between rich and poor, but to the gap between middle class and poor is more damaging.

My sister goes to a one of the best high schools in NJ. They get new laptops from school every year and now she is continuing to take classes online and the shut down hasnt affected her education at all.

The school I used to go to when I was young though? Didnt have shit. That school is in Paterson and still doesnt have shit. No way they give their students laptops and 0 chance they are giving online classes.

And now there is a situation where middle class kids like my sister are gonna go forward as scheduled and poor kids are gonna fall behind.

Shit is fucked up and another example of how the poor are systematically kept poor.

This is a good time for some of yall to rethink yall stances on the redistribution of wealth and making sure everyone has a fair chance to succeed.

People are so worried about the gap between rich and poor, but to the gap between middle class and poor is more damaging.

My sister goes to a one of the best high schools in NJ. They get new laptops from school every year and now she is continuing to take classes online and the shut down hasnt affected her education at all.

The school I used to go to when I was young though? Didnt have shit. That school is in Paterson and still doesnt have shit. No way they give their students laptops and 0 chance they are giving online classes.

And now there is a situation where middle class kids like my sister are gonna go forward as scheduled and poor kids are gonna fall behind.

Shit is fucked up and another example of how the poor are systematically kept poor.

This is a good time for some of yall to rethink yall stances on the redistribution of wealth and making sure everyone has a fair chance to succeed.

yeah and no alot of homeless kids go to success academy they have the highest rate of home homeless families. A lot of charter schools are filled up with poor black kids in Harlem and they are actually being heavily supported through this at least in Manhattan

i think people should understand...while this aint the time to think about making money.....we will need resources to make it thru until whatever.
we need resources to help each other.

i hate that im hearing people panic about how to pay what.....shit aint cool.

this is one the only positive things to look forward too through this bs, i can't have total control over resources but i can upgrade myself to a much better position regardless some people are just stuck.

My neighborhood joint still open til midnight

I called myself going to Walmart after I bowled this past Sunday night. It was packed af at 9:30pm. I said fuck that shit. Didn't really need what i was going in for anyway.

On another note i stopped at sams club on my way home today to get water and frozen chicken breast. Grabbed 4 cases of water (2 for me/2 for my lady), went through self checkout and heard this loud ass buzzer while checking out. They put a 2 count limit on bottled water cases lmao. Called my girl and told her we gotta go back tomorrow to get her some water.

Back