Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2021/2022 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was only when it was explained to me by a therapist that I understood. I used to discipline her more for smiling at the wrong times which looking back was more like abuse because I never understood.

Its a real thing.

I've got a habit of doing that at the worst possible times. I've even done it at the sight of my uncle in an open casket at his funeral. It's nerves and shock that makes you do that

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
@Valentinez A. Kaiser Looks like Billy is going to play more under the new manager.

Dean Smith on Billy Gilmour:

“He is a tenacious young player. I love him as a player, and I have watched him for a long time. I remember one of the first games I saw him in was an FA Cup for Chelsea against Liverpool and he was running the show.”

He started him in his first match in charge and Billy got Man of the Match…

Dope, he's usually scotland star performer too.

On a slightly side note (and man u related), I never get why managers continue to play the same players that keep losing all the time. Either they're not following the manager's instructions or simply not good enough, I'd be putting in the players that can do the job or at least let the rest of the squad know that meritocracy is at hand so star players will get dropped for underperformance.

Farke is slightly at a disadvantage because there's an expectancy that Norwich would lose more often than not, so how much value Gilmour could do to mitigate is hard to quantify.

Whereas Ole....

Ole pretty much stuck with the same team week in week out and they underperformed each time both individually and collectively.
4 out of last 5 EPL losses (Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Watford) conceded 15 goals and scored only 3.

Players to play ALL 4 matches:
DDG, AWB, LINDELOF, MAGUIRE, SHAW, BRUNO, RONALDO. (GREENWOOD played all except yesterday against Watford which he most likely would have played over Sancho if he didn't test positive for Covid)

So 7/8 out of your starting XI has been the same guys taking them Ls?!

So VdB, Lingard, Telles, Dalot, Bailly must clearly not be good enough to play for Man U if they can't oust the perennial "star" players is what I read from Ole's team selections.

I've heard of not changing a winning team, but a losing one?! Ole wrote his own demise for me because of that. I think he's a shook manager who only want to be pals with players and bring smiles, sunshine and rainbows to the dressing room. That leads up to the boardroom hence why he was considered "the corporate guy". I mean wasn't he there when Fergie flipped the switch on the players, so he can't be brand new and naïve to how winning manager shit gets done

They need the super best friends!

is3zZnmRH6kxkPe9DcrJ9WzY0o57hWpZRAhPk4QYMY8.jpg

Dope, he's usually scotland star performer too.

On a slightly side note (and man u related), I never get why managers continue to play the same players that keep losing all the time. Either they're not following the manager's instructions or simply not good enough, I'd be putting in the players that can do the job or at least let the rest of the squad know that meritocracy is at hand so star players will get dropped for underperformance.

Farke is slightly at a disadvantage because there's an expectancy that Norwich would lose more often than not, so how much value Gilmour could do to mitigate is hard to quantify.

Whereas Ole....

Ole pretty much stuck with the same team week in week out and they underperformed each time both individually and collectively.
4 out of last 5 EPL losses (Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Watford) conceded 15 goals and scored only 3.

Players to play ALL 4 matches:
DDG, AWB, LINDELOF, MAGUIRE, SHAW, BRUNO, RONALDO. (GREENWOOD played all except yesterday against Watford which he most likely would have played over Sancho if he didn't test positive for Covid)

So 7/8 out of your starting XI has been the same guys taking them Ls?!

So VdB, Lingard, Telles, Dalot, Bailly must clearly not be good enough to play for Man U if they can't oust the perennial "star" players is what I read from Ole's team selections.

I've heard of not changing a winning team, but a losing one?! Ole wrote his own demise for me because of that. I think he's a shook manager who only want to be pals with players and bring smiles, sunshine and rainbows to the dressing room. That leads up to the boardroom hence why he was considered "the corporate guy". I mean wasn't he there when Fergie flipped the switch on the players, so he can't be brand new and naïve to how winning manager shit gets done
Good article on Ole's tenure and demise

@Northside7 This Man Utd fan is going through it right now, lol.

Nah, what did I miss?
"I think with Antonio, it was the first time that I've seen someone know exactly [what they want]," Fabregas told CBS Sport. "It was like going to school.

"I promise you, he will tell you, from the goalkeeper until you have scored a goal, what you have to do, exactly everything.

Maybe it's in a different way to how I saw football. At the beginning, it was difficult for me, don't get me wrong. A lot of running, a lot of intensity. Big sessions, double sessions, gym sessions.

"I had coaches like Pep [Guardiola] who had a lot of positioning game but we had freedom inside of this. With Conte, the freedom was non-existent, he was telling me where I have to pass the ball.

I'm 29 years old in that moment, I've already played for 13 years, I played in every final, I won a lot of things and this guy is telling me where I need to pass the ball."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back