Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2021/2022 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mercy. They only have two points in 4 league games. I would expect another tie but Braian Romero is playing lights out, 5 gols in 7 games, he'll be in Europe soon. Thankfully this one cant end in a tie.
Heard Galatasaray wants to release Falcao.. Will he come home?

Honest question, why did Lukaku “fail” at Man Utd?

I was trying to think about the answer to that question when I realized I watched Lukaku more at Inter than while he was at Man Utd.

I would think the easy answer is “He is a better player now”. Just wondering if there is more to it.

I was waiting for someone to blame Ole, but he was mainly a Jose player…

He simply is a better player now. His hold up play was almost non existent at Utd..I saw that improve drastically under Conte. I always felt he made the right runs in behind…he is just better at it now. And he just looks less awkward. He was too big, I’ve read he found a great diet in Italy that keeps him at a better weight.

I know certain man won’t like this but the PL is a different animal…proof will be if he comes back and his numbers ain’t the same.

Lukaku is best when he is running onto through balls... With us he was constantly playing with his back to goal and being forced to try hold up play which didnt suit his game, especially when his first touch was terrible...

Sounds like Pepe except we're giving him the ball and expecting him to beat people with it. I wish these managers played to the strengths of their players. Regarding Lukaku to Chelski: man's got a great thing going at Inter. It would be silly giving that up already.

but to me Sancho and Grealish are equal in terms of level of talent
dwill.png

The hype is real with this one.
What exactly can he do better than Sancho? I could list things Sancho is far better and let's not forget that he is only 21 and already has 3 class seasons behind him so I'm generally curious to how you can come to that conclusion that their talents are equal.

View attachment 604327

The hype is real with this one.
What exactly can he do better than Sancho? I could list things Sancho is far better and let's not forget that he is only 21 and already has 3 class seasons behind him so I'm generally curious to how you can come to that conclusion that their talents are equal.
Jack, as a hometown product, has had to contend with a pressure and responsibility that doesn't get enough credit. He came up during a time where Villa were the worst Villa of my lifetime. Not only did he inspire them to get promoted back to the PL, he was the main reason they stayed up. Then he was having a great season last year until he got injured with his output improving. So from a character point of view he has shown he can cope with pressure and expectation. His dribbling ability speaks for itself and the end product has improved.

Sancho's dribbling ability is obviously his strong point too, he has more pace and you will point to his goals and assists as proof of your claim that he is far better than Grealish, but providing for Erling Haaland is likely to give you better stats than providing for Ollie Watkins. His bravery in moving to Germany to get playing time was very commendable but i'd argue there was more pressure on Grealish to perform for Villa than there was for Sancho who was playing with far better players.

Both of their ceilings are very high to me. Sancho has Neymar-like potential if he can increase his goal output. Grealish's dribbling ability is more like Eze in that he can effortlessly glide by players while Sancho has better control in tight spaces.

Ultimately i don't see how you can say one is not on the level of the other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back