Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Culture can’t hold Mo back no more 😤

Kind of felt bad for Harkless

Signed with the Clippers last season, fell out of the rotation, salary dumped to the Knicks and doesn't get bought out

This season signs with the Heat, falls out of the rotation, salary dumped to the Kings, probably not getting bought out

why? he's right imo

He’s not right. A chart can def show context.

take what @silverfoxx said about Dearron Fox being one of the most clutch players in the NBA. When the chart shows he’s actually very shitty when it comes to being clutch.

The damn NBA coaches and front offices literally uses charts when it comes to building their teams.

I’m pretty sure the Raptors used something to make sure they title run would be maximized and KL can be healthy.

So let’s not go down this road

He’s not right. A chart can def show context.

take what @silverfoxx said about Dearron Fox being one of the most clutch players in the NBA. When the chart shows he’s actually very shitty when it comes to being clutch.

The damn NBA coaches and front offices literally uses charts when it comes to building their teams.

I’m pretty sure the Raptors used something to make sure they title run would be maximized and KL can be healthy.

So let’s not go down this road
to your point, a chart when used improperly does what you just described but people who are a bit more knowledgeable about Fox knew it was some funny style shit off the rip

but to KD's point, if the first thing a dude bring up is a chart when trying to have a debate tells me that person doesnt put those things into proper context.

Charts can be useful...eye test can be useful...both when combined with proper context can make an even better convo

if niggas dead set on having barbershop debates (which i go out of my way to avoid), thats one thing, but if you trying to better understand the game and all the intricacies that lie within in it, then charts can have some use.

Like a scouting report. I dont think even KD would argue with anyone who has maybe 5 years worth of data showing where he likes to catch the ball and where he likes to shoot it. Those heat range charts are great b/c you actually see the shit play out in real time. Or you look at someone like Duncan Robinson who might be knocking down corner threes at 45% (i made this up. i dont know)...that tells you, hey, maybe lets not let this nigga shoot from there.

to your point, a chart when used improperly does what you just described but people who are a bit more knowledgeable about Fox knew it was some funny style shit off the rip

but to KD's point, if the first thing a dude bring up is a chart when trying to have a debate tells me that person doesnt put those things into proper context.

Charts can be useful...eye test can be useful...both when combined with proper context can make an even better convo

if niggas dead set on having barbershop debates (which i go out of my way to avoid), thats one thing, but if you trying to better understand the game and all the intricacies that lie within in it, then charts can have some use.

Like a scouting report. I dont think even KD would argue with anyone who has maybe 5 years worth of data showing where he likes to catch the ball and where he likes to shoot it. Those heat range charts are great b/c you actually see the shit play out in real time. Or you look at someone like Duncan Robinson who might be knocking down corner threes at 45% (i made this up. i dont know)...that tells you, hey, maybe lets not let this nigga shoot from there.

Charts can show facts which is highly useful when talking ball.

okay let’s do this.

Jimmy Butler is one of the best shooters in the NBA.

Charts can show facts which is highly useful when talking ball.

okay let’s do this.

Jimmy Butler is one of the best shooters in the NBA.
depending on the metric and the point the person is trying to make

eye test tells me hell no...but im sure there is some stat that might suggest he is...a slippery slope

He ain’t. He’s a shitty shooter.
uhhh...i agree with you...

im just saying, depending on the person, there is a stat they can find that with no other context will probably try to convince you he is

uhhh...i agree with you...

im just saying, depending on the person, there is a stat they can find that with no other context will probably try to convince you he is

You ain’t gon find one for him lol.

Unless it’s a free throw chart

You ain’t gon find one for him lol.

Unless it’s a free throw chart
my main thing i want you to takeaway from this is, you can find a stat that will support your case if you look hard enough

my main thing i want you to takeaway from this is, you can find a stat that will support your case if you look hard enough

My point is

if I say he’s a great shooter and you says he ain’t.

A chart would determine who is right

Back