Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

You get the job, you gotta hire me on. LMAO. I have some ideas also. I think some wouldn't even be that expensive to make or produce.. I think because they don't make as much money in the states like the NFL and their NETWORK does that is the reason why their NBA TV programming is so bare.

What are some ideas you have?

1. you’re hired!

2. NBATV needs to upheave its entire graphics package. It’s been the same bland crap for years, including TNT. I think TNT has had the same graphics and scoreboard since 2014-15!! How is that possible??

3. No more remote broadcast or games done by RSNs. Save money? FOH. Be there live

4.Get Woj/Shams/Chris Haynes as the guy who breaks news. Y’all remember how pissed I got with it took 3 hours for them to break the James harden trade?? In 2021, you still take that long to break huge news. Wow.

5. No more repeat docs. How many times will they show the dream team doc or yet another round table about the good old days. Get some younger talent or guys who keep up with the current NBA.

that’s all I got for now

Lmao. Imagine shaq being a coach in todays NBA.

"Guys, pre switch and keep everyone out the bench"

Final score be like 145 to 75 with teams going 30 for 44 from 3.

Shaq dont know basketball
“He’s a big man go under the screen”

Maxi Kleber drops 20 points off 4 threes made

1. you’re hired!

2. NBATV needs to upheave its entire graphics package. It’s been the same bland crap for years, including TNT. I think TNT has had the same graphics and scoreboard since 2014-15!! How is that possible??

3. No more remote broadcast or games done by RSNs. Save money? FOH. Be there live

4.Get Woj/Shams/Chris Haynes as the guy who breaks news. Y’all remember how pissed I got with it took 3 hours for them to break the James harden trade?? In 2021, you still take that long to break huge news. Wow.

5. No more repeat docs. How many times will they show the dream team doc or yet another round table about the good old days. Get some younger talent or guys who keep up with the current NBA.

that’s all I got for now

Yearly Top 50 list. The NFL top 100 is wack because certain positions get boosted and I think they pull shenanigans with the voting and players know it. So it’s taken less seriously.

NBA everyone plays both ways and I think it’ll add to on court rivalries . For instance, Giannis winning mvp then being voted number 8 by the players. Advanced stat darlings not making the list and having that whole community up in arms. Lists like that would work better and be more entertaining in the NBA. It’s a league that thrives on storylines and this just adds to it imo.

I was curious: y’all ok with 7:30 and 10pm games? I’m seeing them much more often now
10pm game is usually a team idc to watch so it doesn’t matter to me. I’ll watch until halftime and then come back for the final 4 mins

IF it’s close

1. you’re hired!

that’s all I got for now

#4 is hard to do because all those guys are employed by other companies. Maybe if NBA TV could get an up and coming insider that would be big. They used to have David Aldridge but (I think) he works for the athletic now and honestly he isn't on the same level as Woj and Shams when it comes to getting the breaking news. Hall of fame journalist though.

MY IDEAS

I think NBA TV should lean into the fact that a lot of younger folks like the NBA. So if they could play off the social media presence of today's players and fans that could be a big thing. Maybe have a 30 minute show where each day a host, former player, and a current basketball guest answers tweets or comments on funny meme's. That would have folks always hitting up NBA.com's Twitter page like crazy

Another thing I'm surprised NBA TV doesn't do that ESPN has been doing the last 10 years or so, is televise some of NBA radio's shows. That would be super cheap to do and always interesting because the callers are crazy on most of those shows. It's a great way to cross promote the television and radio channels.

My favorite idea that would cost money is covering how popular basketball is globally. So, pretty much a show like Dhani tackles the globe but for basketball. Have a guest go to different countries, states, or cities hooking up with locals who show how big basketball is In each state, city ,or country. Some of the best/most well known Male & female basketball players in each city/country, the best pick up b ball courts, etc.....

I have more ideas but the 1st two are the most cost effective and the 3rd is my baby. Lol. I would love to host and produce that shit. I love traveling and actually have friends abroad so it's right up my alley

One of my favorite YouTube channels I subscribe to is Knick Fan TV.

I'm not a Knicks fan but I love the show because it's like their motto, "for the people, by the people". I usually listen to that or other podcast's to help (I can't sleep when it's totally quiet, unless I'm super tired) me sleep.

The show is great in my opinion. The 3 host give their opinion on Knicks topics, respond to tweets, interview former players or celebrities, and even answer (even famous folks) calls from fans. All Knicks fans on here should give it a listen because It's highly entertaining to me. The creator of the show actually was on Max Kellerman's radio show yesterday. Chuck D (public enemy) was supposed to be on Max's show but couldn't make it so he hooked up the creator of KFTV with Max

One of my favorite YouTube channels I subscribe to is Knick Fan TV.

I'm not a Knicks fan but I love the show because it's like their motto, "for the people, by the people". I usually listen to that or other podcast's to help (I can't sleep when it's totally quiet, unless I'm super tired) me sleep.

The show is great in my opinion. The 3 host give their opinion on Knicks topics, respond to tweets, interview former players or celebrities, and even answer (even famous folks) calls from fans. All Knicks fans on here should give it a listen because It's highly entertaining to me. The creator of the show actually was on Max Kellerman's radio show yesterday. Chuck D (public enemy) was supposed to be on Max's show but couldn't make it so he hooked up the creator of KFTV with Max
I’ve heard of that show as well and seen clips since I follow a few knick fans

never listened though

Rob apparently has a leg issue they're managing a minute restriction with but he won us that game and the game against the pacers. Between his finishing above the rim, great shot blocking and ability to get steals. His court vision is solid too if he gets a jumper consistently he's our starting center of the future

actually his jumper aint that bad now. He just needs(meaning the Cs need to look for him more to shoot it) the opportunity to take it more.

Back