Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

He was a naval officer so it kinda made sense.
He was in the military though

also respect that man

came out the gate giving you 24 and 12 and 4 blocks
giphy.webp

They really did lose some of their best defenders during this off season. I know most people intially didn't think losing Grant, Plumlee, and even Torey Craig was that big of a deal but it really has hurt them on the defensive side of the ball.

I also think folks overestimated how good Jamal Murray truly is. Don't get it twisted I think he is a good player but like I and many others stated in this thread already, I think the bubble was a really good set up for shooters due to no fans, no travel or outside interferences, the lighting and the set up in the stadium being great for the shooters depth perception, etc.....

They have an good amount of talent they could use as trade capital but who should they target to actually help them get to a finals (very least another conference finals) appearance? Denver has some good players on that roster and Michael Malone better figure something out before he gets fired.

I posted this last summer and still feel the same way, Denver hasnt taken full advantage of this window that they have and haven't done as good of a job constructing the roster around Jokic as they could've up to this point

Might be an unpopular opinion but I would be really tempted to sell high on MPJ if possible....maybe not for Jrue Holiday but definitely for Bradley Beal

Nuggets just gave up a 1st for Grant and hes probably the power forward of the future

Milsap is still good but he's definitely starting show his age at 35.....he might be expendable and they bring back Plumlee when you consider the money

I still feel like Denver wasted opportunities to reshape this team and didn't capitalize on this window/opportunity to go all in

When Hiphop brought up the nuggets on the last page I think I was gonna suggest clayface so it’s nice to see when you was talking to me last year I said the same thing

I posted this last summer and still feel the same way, Denver hasnt taken full advantage of this window that they have and haven't done as good of a job constructing the roster around Jokic as they could've up to this point

They might try and swing for a big trade this season but who available can help their defense? Getting Beal will give them another scorer and go to guy in the clutch but how bad will the team be gutted trading for him?

I think Malone getting fired before they make any big trades..... but honestly what the hell do I know? Lol

I looked this up for the MVP race: Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 5.45.45 PM.png

So, with Joel missing seven games so far this season, if he missed three or less more, and keeps these numbers up, if he loses the MVP race to Bron, will you consider him being robbed?

I looked this up for the MVP race:View attachment 467681

So, with Joel missing seven games so far this season, if he missed three or less more, and keeps these numbers up, if he loses the MVP race to Bron, will you consider him being robbed?

Depends on where their teams finish. If the Lakers finish in the top 2 out West, with AD having missed significant time, the award is Lebron's.

I looked this up for the MVP race:View attachment 467681

If Philadelphia's record is better at the end of the regular season and the numbers are similar to what you posted, yes.

If Philadelphia's record is worse, no.

If Anthony Davis (not trying to jinx) misses the rest of the regular season and Lebron keeps the Lakers as a top 5 overall seed he is automatically MVP to me also. Right now Lebron should be the MVP front runner. Embiid 2nd, Jokic 3rd, Lillard 4th, Donovan Mitchell 5th, Kawhi 6th

Noel and Gibson likely will also confront Orlando 7-foot center Mo Bamba, who could see action Wednesday against Gibson. Bamba could be a future trade target. The New York native and fifth pick of the 2018 NBA Draft has yet to make his mark in Orlando. Bamba is in and out of the rotation, playing in just 12 games this season. Bamba is 22 and the Knicks looked to trade up in that draft to get the former Texas Longhorns star. The Lakers also reportedly have interest.

– via Marc Berman @ New York Post

Back