Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Where is yasubele today!?

I never seen Langford in an NBA game in my life
Lol underachieving in China. And the main game i remember from Langford is when be scored 16 against the magic last year. He's had 5 different injuries since we drafted him and had a broken hand and missed summer league. I have no faith in Langford

We entertain though.

Zion gon ball and 2 players on the opposite team gon bomb the fuck out of is. Good TV

:cry:

Lmaoooo.

Its not even about liking or hating the pelicans. Its just that im tired of seeing yall on national tv.

Gonna be a league pass type of night

50% split of revenue

are they really employees?

I love that the players negotiated at one point more than half of the basketball related income and that they have 100% guaranteed contracts but they are employees.

I know most will say that's a partnership and it is a partnership in a sense but the folks that actually front the money for the teams, stadium's, and staff to serve the fans and assist the players is the governor's/ owners of the team not the players.. yes money is taken out of the players contract to assist with this but the folks who own the team take the most risk up front.

Ayton himself is a productive player and an important part of the Suns’ early success. He’s fourth in the league with 12.3 rebounds per game and nabs plenty of easy buckets by running the floor well in transition. In the half court, he offers a big, solid target for Paul and Booker, and he’s always used soft hands to catch contested passes in traffic. Paul’s 51 assists to Ayton are the fifth most for any duo this season. (Draymond Green to Steph Curry, as delightful a pairing as ever, tops that leaderboard with 67 assists.)

But then there’s the curious case of a center who’s averaged 2.7, 2.3, and 2.3 free throw attempts per game in each season of his career. Here, Ayton is an oddity. And as the Suns rotation player with the worst on/off rating differential this season, free throws are a worthy entry point into analyzing his game.

The likes of Danny Green, Jeremy Lin, Spencer Dinwiddie, and Seth Curry improved in the G League before sticking in the NBA. However, those success stories are usually about undrafted players or second-round picks, not people who enter the NBA with a first-round pedigree.

“There is a stigma attached with a guy who didn’t make it the first go-around,” said Jim Clibanoff, director of scouting for the Denver Nuggets. “It’s such a recalibration for some of these kids. … How does the kid respond to it? We talk about hunger and desire, and that manifests itself in how you react to adversity.”

Back