Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

After the mutual decision by both parties, HoopsHype spoke with seven NBA executives for their thoughts on whether Griffin can be traded or what value he can bring to a playoff contender if he hits the buyout market. “I know they’ve been trying to trade him for months and can’t find a taker,” a Western Conference executive told HoopsHype. “Part of it is Blake also saying there are certain teams he would prefer to go to. This is a weird one. Non zero chance they buy him out, which just seems crazy.”

– via Michael Scotto @ HoopsHype

After the mutual decision by both parties, HoopsHype spoke with seven NBA executives for their thoughts on whether Griffin can be traded or what value he can bring to a playoff contender if he hits the buyout market. “I know they’ve been trying to trade him for months and can’t find a taker,” a Western Conference executive told HoopsHype. “Part of it is Blake also saying there are certain teams he would prefer to go to. This is a weird one. Non zero chance they buy him out, which just seems crazy.”

– via Michael Scotto @ HoopsHype

I don't see the incentive to buying him out if he isn't willing to take a pay cut or is in the final year of his contract past the trade deadline and they can't get nothing for him. That's bad business.

This is the other side of the coin to what Draymond was talking about. Some of these niggas washed with nothing to offer making 40 mil like "send me here" like nigga they don't love you like that. Try making it look like you've earned even half your check.

Back