Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Idk why you looking for leadership from Zion when he in his 2nd year and hasn’t even played 40 games yet

I don’t ever see him being a leader anyways he don’t seem to be that kinda player

he seems like the flashy workhorse type

like Blake Griffin/Julius Randle

@AP21 tell me it's too early bro, I think you are honestly not looking at the bigger picture with the early assessments. I think long term so if I have a current asset that may depreciate, I want to strike while the iron is hot.
It's way too early. Like you getting caught up in what outsiders say about him whether it's his weight or other stupid shit. The dude hasn't played 40 games yet.

If anyone thought he was going to be LeBron, then I question their knowledge of the game and tbh, I'm not trying to read any takes from them anyway. Was he as hyped at LeBron? Absolutely. However, there is still too much time left to flesh out the roster and continue his development.

It's literally one game at a time. I'm not in panic mode and neither should you be but you and I have been on two very different sides of the coin about this team for the past 3 seasons or so.

@silverfoxx
A lot of these players come unprepared for the NBA bcuz as kids they join super teams in AAU and college and can get by with pure athleticism and don't really have to show leadership or heart bcuz there are other stars on the team to carry the load as their teams are winning easily. We fall in love with their mixtapes of them dominating smaller and less talented kids and just assume that they will be superstars on the NBA level. A few come in as rookies and you just know that they are ready while others take longer or never live up to potential due to a lack of fundamentals and defense. Things that get you playing time. With that being said, Zion will be ok but he was never gonna be Lebron. It is an unfair burden to carry for any player. I just hope for him he doesn't get in a situation where he is playing under different coaches every couple of years.

At least wait till yr 3-4 before piling all that on zions plate. He's never come off as someone who is the biggest personality in the room so you might be setting yourself up for disappointment if you expecting him be the alpha male leader in the locker room and on the court out the gate.

Right now if he can play 70 games consistently and keep growing his game that's all you can really ask.

@silverfoxx

The things your talking about will come with time.

[/QUOTE]
Childish perspective

they play a game for a living but it’s a business 1st

When paper involved, all that camaraderie shit come 2nd

it wasn’t fair to his teammate/coach, they should’ve moved him immediately

rather him make it clear he the problem cause he don’t want to be there than give a half ass effort and we wondering if it’s John Wall fault or if Silas coaching the blame

that’s why Jackie McMullen comments don’t phase me, y’all niggas look at them like they property too, she just had the nuts to say it
oh you was in here preaching

It's way too early. Like you getting caught up in what outsiders say about him whether it's his weight or other stupid shit. The dude hasn't played 40 games yet.

If anyone thought he was going to be LeBron, then I question their knowledge of the game and tbh, I'm not trying to read any takes from them anyway. Was he as hyped at LeBron? Absolutely. However, there is still too much time left to flesh out the roster and continue his development.

It's literally one game at a time. I'm not in panic mode and neither should you be but you and I have been on two very different sides of the coin about this team for the past 3 seasons or so.
Bro this whole comment just screams dismissive behavior. I respect where you coming from, but my approach is more on the lines of viewing players as assets with long term value vs taking the wait and see approach. With this approach its way to optimistic and not realistic because if the asset doesn't pan out, you possibly loose out on selling because it looses value. It can be seen as a more pessimmistic and possibly annoying view so I understand it, but you need folks in a room like that when evaluating things.

All in all I feel your stance is fair, we just view some things differently. It's kinda similar to how my brothers and I go back and fourth with how to draft players. I prefer higher ceilings and they prefer safe proven players.

At least wait till yr 3-4 before piling all that on zions plate. He's never come off as someone who is the biggest personality in the room so you might be setting yourself up for disappointment if you expecting him be the alpha male leader in the locker room and on the court out the gate.

Right now if he can play 70 games consistently and keep growing his game that's all you can really ask.

@silverfoxx

The things your talking about will come with time.
I feel y'all, however if he doesn't work with trained professionals in the off season and keep his circle he will never truly reach his potential. Dude gotta trust the organization and take this shit seriously. He has waaay too much potential to not see it manifest.

@silverfoxx
A lot of these players come unprepared for the NBA bcuz as kids they join super teams in AAU and college and can get by with pure athleticism and don't really have to show leadership or heart bcuz there are other stars on the team to carry the load as their teams are winning easily. We fall in love with their mixtapes of them dominating smaller and less talented kids and just assume that they will be superstars on the NBA level. A few come in as rookies and you just know that they are ready while others take longer or never live up to potential due to a lack of fundamentals and defense. Things that get you playing time. With that being said, Zion will be ok but he was never gonna be Lebron. It is an unfair burden to carry for any player. I just hope for him he doesn't get in a situation where he is playing under different coaches every couple of years.
The thing is he shown the potential to be great at Duke. I would agree with y'all if I didn't see those things watching him in college. That's my issue is that he has shown just the character traits, fuck his game and what he can grow from, I'm more concern with his character traits and shit. But eh I'll shut the fuck up and fall back to trolling and shit and come back serious in a month or two lol

Bro this whole comment just screams dismissive behavior. I respect where you coming from, but my approach is more on the lines of viewing players as assets with long term value vs taking the wait and see approach. With this approach its way to optimistic and not realistic because if the asset doesn't pan out, you possibly loose out on selling because it looses value. It can be seen as a more pessimmistic and possibly annoying view so I understand it, but you need folks in a room like that when evaluating things.

All in all I feel your stance is fair, we just view some things differently. It's kinda similar to how my brothers and I go back and fourth with how to draft players. I prefer higher ceilings and they prefer safe proven players.
Nothing I said was dismissive. Or let me say it this way. That was not my intent but if that's how you viewed my comments, then I can do anything about that

If you keep viewing things as assets, you're going to be constantly resetting things while not properly developing players or "culture" into anything which as I appreciate was everything you were annoyed with with the previous regime. If you don't think you're overreacting after 30+ games of Zion, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Things take time. It's only magnified because of who the Pelicans traded and who they drafted and signed in FA. Would it be nice to win more games now? Sure, but what happens when you overachieve then you begin basing your expectations off that only to be disappointed when things return to the mean.

My guy you’re talking about a boy

hes a baby. He hasn’t even had a full rookie campaign

babies don’t win in the NBA. Y’all talking about a rookie(experience wise) playing bad defense. most of them play bad defense, they don’t understand yet.

he don’t even have vets to learn from. This is where NBAtv could step up their programming so fans stop individualizing the sport so much and creating unrealistic expectations

The thing is he shown the potential to be great at Duke. I would agree with y'all if I didn't see those things watching him in college. That's my issue is that he has shown just the character traits, fuck his game and what he can grow from, I'm more concern with his character traits and shit. But eh I'll shut the fuck up and fall back to trolling and shit and come back serious in a month or two lol
Serious question

What is it that you want to see from someone who is still learning the game 30+ games into his career?

To be yelling at teammates? Leading pre game chants? Jumping off the bench when a teammate scores?

How can you look at such a small sample size and project the longevity of his career off that? I'm genuinely curious

Nothing I said was dismissive. Or let me say it this way. That was not my intent but if that's how you viewed my comments, then I can do anything about that

If you keep viewing things as assets, you're going to be constantly resetting things while not properly developing players or "culture" into anything which as I appreciate was everything you were annoyed with with the previous regime. If you don't think you're overreacting after 30+ games of Zion, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Things take time. It's only magnified because of who the Pelicans traded and who they drafted and signed in FA. Would it be nice to win more games now? Sure, but what happens when you overachieve then you begin basing your expectations off that only to be disappointed when things return to the mean.
Respect bro, I here you.

My guy you’re talking about a boy

hes a baby. He hasn’t even had a full rookie campaign

babies don’t win in the NBA.Y’all talking about a rookie(experience wise) playing bad defense. most of them play bad defense, they don’t understand yet.

he don’t even have vets to learn from. This is where NBAtv could step up their programming so fans stop individualizing the sport so much and creating unrealistic expectations
The underlined is the truest shit.

The only Rookie to ever win Finals MVP was Magic. And he had Kareem to do the heavy lifting, for the most part.

Back