Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

According to sources, the Knicks coaching staff has a new vision for Barrett, turning him more into a small forward than shooting guard so as to give him less early-possession ballhandling responsibilities. Former coach David Fizdale, stunningly, gave Barrett the opening-night start at point guard last season and it backfired

New guards coach Johnnie Bryant, who turned Donovan Mitchell into a superstar, has made an impact on Barrett, according to people with knowledge of the situation. “I just thought his rim reads were terrific,’’ Thibodeau said. “His all-round play. His ball pressure [on defense] got a lot better as time went on. Offensively he scored a number of different ways — transition, cutting without the ball, off the dribble, catch and shoot.’’

– via Marc Berman @ New York Post

I see RJ more of a do it all ball handling forward than a guard too. I said a ton of times last year that the Knicks needed a veteran pg to take pressure of RJ.

My reaction if we trade James Harden for a Tyler Herro package

8PYGdf.gif

16 mil that’s not bad for kennard

BUT for this team idk because he’s gonna be relegated to 3rd option at best and you don’t even know how he’s gonna be for them yet

He hasn't been able to stay healthy and he sucks on defense....Clippers basically have him for Lou Will insurance at this point

With that being said I do think he needed a change of scenery and will be better in LA

Back