Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

This mavs shit suspect. I think they were planning to do this either way that's why Kidd declined the Portland job so quickly. Carlisle figured it out, quit and blew up their spot "suggesting" kidd is the right fit.

Mavs had to do this shit before they were ready to. They probably wanted to let shit cool down after a playoff L and some rough media. Carlisle caught it tho.

it is very peculiar to say the least.

The Washington Wizards have a pair of longtime assistant coaches who have never had the head coaching job at the top of their head coaching search.
"Watch Sam Cassell and Wes Unseld as two of the leading candidates in Washington," said Brian Windhorst.
Cassell was previously an assistant coach for the Wizards from 2009 until 2014 before joining the coaching staff of Doc Rivers with the Los Angeles Clippers and then Philadelphia 76ers.
Unseld also began his coaching career with the Wizards and also has had stints with the Golden State Warriors, Orlando Magic and now the Denver Nuggets. Unseld is the son of the late Washington Bullets' legend Wes Unseld.
The Wizards are searching for a replacement for Scott Brooks.
BRIAN WINDHORST/ESPN

Brooklyn Nets assistant coach Jacque Vaughn is reportedly "gaining traction" as a candidate to fill the New Orleans Pelicans' head coaching vacancy.

"I'm not saying he's gonna get the job because Charles Lee on the Bucks' staff is also, I think, gonna be a strong candidate, but the word out of Chicago at the draft combine is that Jacque Vaughn, who is close to [Pelicans general manager] Trajan Langdon ... is gonna get a real serious look," ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported Friday on The Hoop Collective podcast

Back