Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t tell the media that. Some of them really think that this is their time.

Press loves to hype up the squad pre-tournament - it makes cutting them back down when they flop even more spectacular.

Whats mad is there are so many great players in the squad, the FA need to have the bollocks to hire an exciting manger to get the most out of them, instead of a media polished yes man first and coach second...

Team is stacked IMO. Management is weak af. FA don't want quality managers in to light a fire up their arses and get the team playing some great football. They'll always stick to passive, English managers who won't rock the boat and have the team playing dead football.

Team is stacked IMO. Management is weak af. FA don't want quality managers in to light a fire up their arses and get the team playing some great football. They'll always stick to passive, English managers who won't rock the boat and have the team playing dead football.

Yeah the FA is so 'stuffy', I think the last manager with a personalty was Terry Venables and shock horror, that was the last manager that got the best out an England squad and players like Gazza...

I cant see the FA giving the England job to anyone with a personalty or a backbone anytime soon...

Henderson is an absolute wasteman... Taking up a squad space, snatching the ball outta DCL's hand to take a pen and then misses...

Why would you take the ball out of a strikers hand one game before the Euro's start??? They feed off goals and confidence smh

Plus DCL won the pen!!!

Henderson is an absolute wasteman... Taking up a squad space, snatching the ball outta DCL's hand to take a pen and then misses...

Why would you take the ball out of a strikers hand one game before the Euro's start??? They feed off goals and confidence smh

Plus DCL won the pen!!!
DCL is not the type to flip out, but you know he’s low key pissed off.

Ben White has been really impressive and alot better than Mings who has been shaky as fck... If Maguire cant make the squad I would sooner we go with him over Mings...

Hard to judge Godfrey on this game as hes been played outta position...

Ben White has been really impressive and alot better than Mings who has been shaky as fck... If Maguire cant make the squad I would sooner we go with him over Mings...

Hard to judge Godfrey on this game as hes been played outta position...
LOL, your agenda against poor Mings is hilarious.

Plus DCL won the pen!!!
DCL is not the type to flip out, but you know he’s low key pissed off.

Roy Keane and Wrighty were debating about it after the game. Keane basically said DCL should have absolutely insisted and took the pen, whereas Wrighty was on the seniority shit.

Ordinarily I'd agree with Wrighty and if the tourney had started, let Hendo do what's best etc.

However this was a fucking friendly man! Why was Hendo even trying it for? All he should have been concerned about was getting some game time mins and match sharpness....you ain't no penalty king FOH!

Yeah DCL should have took it for the confidence boost and made that clear to Hendo...so Keane was right this time in his assessment (let Kane take it out your hands not Hendo)

LOL, your agenda against poor Mings is hilarious.

I think he is overrated, hes decent but he had a poor game today against Romania and wasnt great against Austria either... Within the first few seconds today he made a fck up and slipped over from a simple back pass lol

He got the worst rating on the pitch from SkySport (4) and Ben White got a 7... I think the Cody and Mings love in is a joke... Especially Cody who is bang average at best...

Mings
'Rash decision-making at times against Austria and endured another poor afternoon back at the Riverside. Desire never in doubt but had lapses in concentration, was not tight enough to man at times and continues to possess a worrying penchant to charge out of position.'

White
'Assured during a late cameo against Austria and composed here from the start, in contrast to his centre-back partner. Stepped out and looked to support attacking play where he could, while solid where it mattered - nobody in England colours won more tackles or interceptions.'

It's kind of funny how the top clubs doesn't trust English managers while the FA doesn't trust non-English

I think he is overrated, hes decent but he had a poor game today against Romania and wasnt great against Austria either... Within the first few seconds today he made a fck up and slipped over from a simple back pass lol

He got the worst rating on the pitch from SkySport (4) and Ben White got a 7... I think the Cody and Mings love in is a joke... Especially Cody who is bang average at best...

Mings
'Rash decision-making at times against Austria and endured another poor afternoon back at the Riverside. Desire never in doubt but had lapses in concentration, was not tight enough to man at times and continues to possess a worrying penchant to charge out of position.'

White
'Assured during a late cameo against Austria and composed here from the start, in contrast to his centre-back partner. Stepped out and looked to support attacking play where he could, while solid where it mattered - nobody in England colours won more tackles or interceptions.'

Mings and Coady are basic as they come - not elite enough and certainly shouldn't be actually starting for England in major tourneys.

Let's review all England Squads since 2000 and tell me what CBs that those two would make it against in that era's squad (based on those player's ability at that time too):

Euro 2000: Martin Keown, Tony Adams, Sol Campbell, Gareth Southgate

WC 2002: Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell, Martin Keown, Gareth Southgate, Wes Brown

Euro 2004: John Terry, Sol Campbell, Jamie Carragher, Ledly King

WC 2006: Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Sol Campbell, Jamie Carragher

Euro 2008: N/A

WC 2010: Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Jamie Carragher, Ledley King

Euro 2012: John Terry, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, Phil Jagielka

WC 2014: Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones

Euro 2016: Gary Cahill, Chris Smalling, John Stones, (Kyle Walker - but was officially taken as RB)

WC 2018: John Stones, Harry Maguire, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones (Eric Dier - but was officially taken as CDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back