Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naaaah bro we got to top coz of Bruno and aren't there any more because he's been quiet for a while
I disagree. He plays a big part, but it's certainly not down to him. The facts I dropped speak for themselves.

Sounds like your picking and choosing to suit your agenda. No open play goal in December, one goal in January. Ok what about the rest of his time at the club. You just going to conveniently omit everything else he's done. That's disingenuous at best.

Hardly creates clear cut chances? Yeah i'm a see myself out.

These are facts.. Fernandes is lauded for his goals and assist output not because he dictates a game, or dribbles thru the middle... So I highlighted his recent months in that metric.

He's had a high goal and assist output.. impressive but it's led to nothing (thus far). When Fernandes is supposedly the talisman of a United side to both lose more semi-finals (4 all with Fernandes in the side) and have it's longest trophy-drought since pre-Ferguson (all under Solskjaer). What is there to shout about?

United ain't Tottenham, Lazio or Leipzig.. All those stats mean nothing if armpits don't get raised.

It's trophies or bust.

So we’re going to have the discussion that without the ball, Barca is basically playing with 10 men cause Messi is doing his best Romario final season impression and has absolutely zero work rate? Shit like that doesn’t fly anymore at the top euro Ivl...

So we’re going to have the discussion that without the ball, Barca is basically playing with 10 men cause Messi is doing his best Romario final season impression and has absolutely zero work rate? Shit like that doesn’t fly anymore at the top euro Ivl...
Messi's been like that for years lol. It's one thing that makes me appreciate Griez. Simeone had a positive influence

I disagree. He plays a big part, but it's certainly not down to him. The facts I dropped speak for themselves.

These are facts.. Fernandes is lauded for his goals and assist output not because he dictates a game, or dribbles thru the middle... So I highlighted his recent months in that metric.

He's had a high goal and assist output.. impressive but it's led to nothing (thus far). When Fernandes is supposedly the talisman of a United side to both lose more semi-finals (4 all with Fernandes in the side) and have it's longest trophy-drought since pre-Ferguson (all under Solskjaer). What is there to shout about?

United ain't Tottenham, Lazio or Leipzig.. All those stats mean nothing if armpits don't get raised.

It's trophies or bust.

You didn't offer facts tho did you bro.

Pogba had nothin' to do with our good form post Feb.
Bruno has the most assists and like third highest chances created in the Prem since he got to Utd so it's not true he offers nothin' outside of scorin', as if that wouldn't be enough.

He had a quiet few weeks which unsurprisingly have coincided with us droppin' points and slippin' down the table.

We are absolutely reliant on him it's no exaggeration at all

You didn't offer facts tho did you bro.

Pogba had nothin' to do with our good form post Feb.
Bruno has the most assists and like third highest chances created in the Prem since he got to Utd so it's not true he offers nothin' outside of scorin', as if that wouldn't be enough.

He had a quiet few weeks which unsurprisingly have coincided with us droppin' points and slippin' down the table.

We are absolutely reliant on him it's no exaggeration at all

Sure you talking about '21 post Feb? United have won once (vs so'ton) and drawn twice in the league. Hope beating the hammers isn't the reason for this "good form".

'Chances created' tell me nothing. Take a set-piece, if the ball connects on a teammate's head, regardless of context, it's taken down a 'chance created'.

Plenty of his assists have come from long-range strikes and players dribbling past defenders but he has improved this season, it was non-existent last season (advanced stats clearly showed it)... Stats nowadays isn't like the 2000's when top ballers are getting individual awards for single digits totals.

If he's form and G/A dip coincided then that shows that if he ain't getting them he offers little else. Sounds like a striker to me, except he's meant to be a second-striker like Rooney used to be and contribute to the flow of the game.

Against west brom, scored a well-taken volley, still doesn't mean he didn't play poorly. We can disagree on this, I don't think he's the problem, the coaching staff is.

However, I'm certain that if a manager with winning background joins United, Fernandes will have to change either his position or how he plays. Probably to something similar to his apps for Portugal.

Sure you talking about '21 post Feb? United have won once (vs so'ton) and drawn twice in the league. Hope beating the hammers isn't the reason for this "good form".

'Chances created' tell me nothing. Take a set-piece, if the ball connects on a teammate's head, regardless of context, it's taken down a 'chance created'.

Plenty of his assists have come from long-range strikes and players dribbling past defenders but he has improved this season, it was non-existent last season (advanced stats clearly showed it)... Stats nowadays isn't like the 2000's when top ballers are getting individual awards for single digits totals.

If he's form and G/A dip coincided then that shows that if he ain't getting them he offers little else. Sounds like a striker to me, except he's meant to be a second-striker like Rooney used to be and contribute to the flow of the game.

Against west brom, scored a well-taken volley, still doesn't mean he didn't play poorly. We can disagree on this, I don't think he's the problem, the coaching staff is.

However, I'm certain that if a manager with winning background joins United, Fernandes will have to change either his position or how he plays. Probably to something similar to his apps for Portugal.
Lol imagine telling a man "listen those goals and assists you get aint gonna cut it here son. What else do you bring to the table"

Lmao. He squared up like... listen, mate I go to the gym too.

Haha yeah facts... I gained a new respect for refs since I had to ref kids games...

In fact, I now refuse to ref as Ive been at breaking point with absolute waaaaasteman parents (including mouthy mums) and teachers... Ive stopped games a few times and embarrassed the parents and teachers in front of all the kids and told them to shut up and stop being rude in front of the kids and reminded them this isnt the Champions League final...

:ghost:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back