Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 5 of my lifetime (in order): Michael Jordan. Floyyd Mayweather. Tom Brady. Usain Bolt. Rafael Nadal

Top 5 of all-time (in order): Michael Jordan. Floyyd Mayweather. Tom Brady. Magic Johnson. Muhammad Ali

Top 3.. are staying top 3.

Top 5 of my lifetime (in order): Michael Jordan. Floyyd Mayweather. Tom Brady. Usain Bolt. Rafael Nadal

Top 5 of all-time (in order): Michael Jordan. Floyyd Mayweather. Tom Brady. Magic Johnson. Muhammad Ali

Top 3.. are staying top 3.

Dunno about Floyd, he chose his fights very carefully. But still a goat.

Just another 'woke' chick on twitter.

Just the sheer recency of the Superbowl, would lead to such claims.. just like when LeBron won the chip, out came "Is LeBron now better than Jordan"

She's disingenuous, close-minded or just straight stupid.

Manny Pacquiao winning world titles in 8 different weight divisions is staggering too, surely he should be mentioned as one of the sporting greats... I dont think we will ever see that happening again... Going from Flyweight to Welterweight is crazy...
I didnt want to do it but i had to nosign. He wasn't even the greatest of his era so he can't be in THIS convo. Shit even JMM had his number and I'm a Pac fan. Shit boxing wise i wouldn't even have Floyd in this convo. I understand the recency bias though. SRL >>>> Floyd

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
I didnt want to do it but i had to nosign. He wasn't even the greatest of his era so he can't be in THIS convo. Shit even JMM had his number and I'm a Pac fan. Shit boxing wise i wouldn't even have Floyd in this convo. I understand the recency bias though. SRL >>>> Floyd

No way he wasnt the best in his era at some point... He was lineal champ at 18yrs and still fighting in his 40's... He mostly fought at weight disadvantage and still had a great exciting style... Add the fact when everyone thought he was done, he came back with a great wins over Broner and Thurman...

Not only did he fight with a massive weight disadvantage, his quick reflex fighting style doesnt lend to a long career (hence why floyd had to adjust his style as he got older) and he is still fighting in his 40's...

He drew, beat and lost to JMM... In boxing, I dont mind fighters that take an L (I dont really hold any value to an '0') or struggle with a particular fighter... He still beat Marquez and Barrera, Morales, De La Hoya, Sasakul, Ledwaba, Cotto, Clottey, Hatton, Mosley, Margarito, Bradley and Broner... And theres more, come on brother!!! He beat great fighters in their prime and didnt duck anyone... I think he would have beaten Floyd too had they fought back in what, 08 or 09 whenever it was first talked about...

He wasnt even concentrating on boxing half his career either due to all the mayhem in his life and political offices he held outside the sport...

But my putting Manny in this conversation, was the fact he went through 8 divisions winning 12 titles and is still fighting...

Agree with SRL > Floyd though...

No way he wasnt the best in his era at some point... He was lineal champ at 18yrs and still fighting in his 40's... He mostly fought at weight disadvantage and still had a great exciting style... Add the fact when everyone thought he was done, he came back with a great wins over Broner and Thurman...

Not only did he fight with a massive weight disadvantage, his quick reflex fighting style doesnt lend to a long career (hence why floyd had to adjust his style as he got older) and he is still fighting in his 40's...

He drew, beat and lost to JMM... In boxing, I dont mind fighters that take an L (I dont really hold any value to an '0') or struggle with a particular fighter... He still beat Marquez and Barrera, Morales, De La Hoya, Sasakul, Ledwaba, Cotto, Clottey, Hatton, Mosley, Margarito, Bradley and Broner... And theres more, come on brother!!! He beat great fighters in their prime and didnt duck anyone... I think he would have beaten Floyd too had they fought back in what, 08 or 09 whenever it was first talked about...

He wasnt even concentrating on boxing half his career either due to all the mayhem in his life and political offices he held outside the sport...

But my putting Manny in this conversation, was the fact he went through 8 divisions winning 12 titles and is still fighting...

Agree with SRL > Floyd though...
I know but he existed in the same era as Floyd so he was never the best. To be in this conversation there can't be any question whether you were the best in your own sport if you are going to compare across sports

I know but he existed in the same era as Floyd so he was never the best. To be in this conversation there can't be any question whether you were the best in your own sport if you are going to compare across sports

Pacquiao has the better wins imo though and they were actually in different weights for much of their careers too...

There are so many variables in boxing, they were/are both ATG boxers and first time HOF inductees...

But on a record breaking sporting achievement level, like I said 8 weight world champion is absolutely crazy and will surely never be achieved again... Dude went from fighting at 7.5st or 106ibs (some say he weighed even less than that) to 10.5 stone (147ib)...

Im not trying to say who was the better boxer etc we were talking of sporting achievements, Im saying what Manny achieved had never been done before and will likely never be done again, so that it deserved a mention...

Pacquiao has the better wins imo though and they were actually in different weights for much of their careers too...

There are so many variables in boxing, they were/are both ATG boxers and first time HOF inductees...

But on a record breaking sporting achievement level, like I said 8 weight world champion is absolutely crazy and will surely never be achieved again... Dude went from fighting at 7.5st or 106ibs (some say he weighed even less than that) to 10.5 stone (147ib)...

Im not trying to say who was the better boxer etc we were talking of sporting achievements, Im saying what Manny achieved had never been done before and will likely never be done again, so that it deserved a mention...
Fair argument but for me when you get to that level of comparison every discrepancy counts against you IMO

Every sportsperson is on PEDs... Its not even worth debating now lol
I disagree
Them yankees definitely wanted usain bolts scalp and couldn't get it.
Damn near tried to test that man during the race
I feel floyd was clean, also man like miguel cotto etc
These footballers is another thing I think their recovery rate is crazy sometimes but then I guess they'll sacrifice a black athlete every now and again like that ajax gk to say the sport is clean.

Definitely them nfl cats, baseball and most american sports I think is tainted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back