Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey yo why is that not a goal though that guy was not blocking the keeper the keeper didn't even move towards the ball

@Mknight Your boy Gilmour is back....

"He’s in the squad tomorrow and it would be nice if he can get some minutes, in particular over these next two Champions League games.

"He has a great attitude and will compete with the rest of the midfielders. I see him coming back at the level just before he got injured, he made a great impact and there will be so much more to come from him at this club, just because of the sheer talent he has.

"Billy has a great attitude, he trains really well and he’s looking spot-on, so he comes into the squad to compete with the other players in that midfield area."

- Frank Lampard

The whole point of the FA Cup is that everyone can take part no matter which division you're in and anyone could in theory beat anyone. You're not getting that elsewhere, and in a world where the Prem, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, CL dominates it would be sad to lose that.

If an FA Cup win meant a guaranteed CL place then youd'd change your tune and you'd be interested in it. They need to give the 4th CL place to the FA Cup winners - competition would gain its relevance again and talk about being fatigued would go out the window. The League Cup can get binned - it's a pointless competition at this point.

Didn't see the add on. I hate big tournaments like that, so it's not a selling point for me. I like teams truly competing to see who is the best. And those lower league teams aren't anywhere near the best and everyone knows it. They're just fillers to have more games and make more money (charity). And the "anyone can win" angle is kinda exaggerated too. Only way a premier league team doesn't win the tournament is if they don't really try to win it, and they take each other out. They field weaker lineups, so even when the lower team wins they're beating Liverpool, United, City, etc in name only. Like i said, last year Liverpool was winning the league and going after CL. I don't think Salah, VDD, etc were out there going all in for the FA Cup even when they played.

And let's be honest. You want those lower teams to lose. We'd all rather watch an Arsenal vs Chelsea final again instead of two teams from league 2.

Why would I like a lower quality tournament that can have a negative impact on high quality tournaments and leagues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back