Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a historic cup competition and the oldest one. It's not some fundraising competition. The top 6 clubs have had multiple historic FA Cup runs and wins. The occasional giant killings.

No I'm not British.

Ya, that's what my friend says (maybe Arsenal fans just like it a lot). Doesn't really matter to me though. It's like in business "We've always done it that way" isn't a good reason to do something. I look at it as a fund raiser and charity work being done by the big clubs. I'd be cool with it if big clubs could just play their young boys for experience, but people bitch about that... and not fans of those clubs... other people. It happened to Klopp last year I think.

If the big clubs don't advance, people won't pay as much to show the games or advertise. Then smaller clubs get less money.

It's a fund raiser or people outside the club wouldn't be mad about fielding a weak side. If Man U played only U23 players vs PSG or in their next PL game only Man U fans would be mad. You do that in the FA Cup, other people get mad because you're hurting the charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back