Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon man, this isn't the @Northside7 I know. Leave the negative, defeatist self-deprecation to me.

I dont see Arsenal winning both PL games.

They cant win the league at the Emirates. 13>>2. 3 PL>>0 PL. It's not the CL. And it will probably bring the fanbase together.

Defeated and it's only December 1st. No enthusiasm. No excitement. Hardly any anger left. Smdh.

Question for y'all. I got into soccer when I was older (not old, just not since I was a little kid), so I grew up on American sports (and have an American sports mentality). My friend is a lifelong Arsenal fan. We get into it all the time about all these tournaments. FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League, Europe League. I hate that shit. I say only have Champions League/Europe League and your premier league games. Maybe FA cup, but only if it's OK for bigger teams to treat it like it's not important to them to win it (let them play a weak lineup).

What are your thoughts on PL teams having the FA Cup, League Cup, their PL games, Champions League or Europa League (potentially) all jammed into their schedule? That's not even looking at their national team duties.

The FA cup used to be the biggest cup for UK football. Teams used to field strong teams but not so much anymore due to the busy schedule.

I think the league cup could be dropped and nobody would miss it.

The FA cup used to be the biggest cup for UK football. Teams used to field strong teams but not so much anymore due to the busy schedule.

I think the league cup could be dropped and nobody would miss it.

Blame Man Ure for ducking out the FA Cup that year for the World Club Cup - allure was never the same at that point. The days when they thought they were bigger than Jesus and that their shit didn't stink: thinking they above the FA Cup when now they'd take winning even the League Cup without any hesitation

Blame Man Ure for ducking out the FA Cup that year for the World Club Cup - allure was never the same at that point. The days when they thought they were bigger than Jesus and that their shit didn't stink: thinking they above the FA Cup when now they'd take winning even the League Cup without any hesitation

THANK Man United (also, Go Man U!) for it. I'm not a big fan of the tournament because I feel like it just gets players tired and risks then getting injured for more important shit. If you're in contention for winning the PL (or qualifying for CL/EL) then I'd have no interest in playing in the FA cup. Feel like it should just be for lower PL teams and those in the leagues below then.

I don't want a watered down product in big games due to injury or fatigue because of the FA Cup. I think Rashford got hurt in a FA Cup game last year.

They seem like fund raisers the big clubs are pressured into participating in.

THANK Man United (also, Go Man U!) for it. I'm not a big fan of the tournament because I feel like it just gets players tired and risks then getting injured for more important shit. If you're in contention for winning the PL (or qualifying for CL/EL) then I'd have no interest in playing in the FA cup. Feel like it should just be for lower PL teams and those in the leagues below then.

I don't want a watered down product in big games due to injury or fatigue because of the FA Cup. I think Rashford got hurt in a FA Cup game last year.

The whole point of the FA Cup is that everyone can take part no matter which division you're in and anyone could in theory beat anyone. You're not getting that elsewhere, and in a world where the Prem, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, CL dominates it would be sad to lose that.

If an FA Cup win meant a guaranteed CL place then youd'd change your tune and you'd be interested in it. They need to give the 4th CL place to the FA Cup winners - competition would gain its relevance again and talk about being fatigued would go out the window. The League Cup can get binned - it's a pointless competition at this point.

If an FA Cup win meant a guaranteed CL place then youd'd change your tune and you'd be interested in it. They need to give the 4th CL place to the FA Cup winners - competition would gain its relevance again and talk about being fatigued would go out the window. The League Cup can get binned - it's a pointless competition at this point.

Agreed because it would impact something worth watching (Like Europa League winner getting into CL). I wouldn't give them the 4th CL spot though because it may water down the CL. I would rather watch Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or whoever in CL instead of Preston because Preston went on a run. And if they won, their best player would get bought, and they'd be trash by the time they got in CL.

FA Cup is just a fund raise for smaller clubs it seems like. I'm not trying to see a hurt Rashford, De Bruyne, Salah, VVD, or whoever so that a lower League team can get more money.

No.

THANK Man United (also, Go Man C!) for it. I'm not a big fan of the tournament because I feel like it just gets players tired and risks then getting injured for more important shit. If you're in contention for winning the PL (or qualifying for CL/EL) then I'd have no interest in playing in the FA cup. Feel like it should just be for lower PL teams and those in the leagues below then.

Fixed bolded for ya :V

• Cap
Reactions: GNS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back