Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not even sure what type of player we're bringin' in and you're talkin' about depth.

Why buy a player that Madrid and Barca don't want for the one position we're blessed in?

Madrid and Barca can’t afford him,

If Bruno gets injured in the first game and is out for 6 months who you relying on
to win us trophies at the number 10?

Mata? Lingard or Andreas? Which one is gonna win that trophy for us?

If Bruno gets injured in the first game and is out for 6 months who you relying on

But OG, didn’t those 3 (Lingard,Mata,Andreas) won you trophies under Jo.. Mou..

Sorry mate. I’ll sit this one out.

Kind Regards you majesty,

Figo

Lmao they can't afford 40m but we can yeah

Erm we actually won multiple trophies with Mata and Lingard in the team

Van de Beek a number ten now yeah

If Bruno's absent, Pogba has shown he can be a more impactful player in that role with lesser players in the team (Ole being given the managerial role permanently is proof of that).

So just play Fred or McTom in CM and you're fine. Matic out, playing Pogba in that role amplifies his deficiencies and diminishes his impact.

They either lost or drew with the 4 teams worth anything post-lockdown: Tottenham, Chelsea, Southampton and Sevilla, but that seems to get lost on the fans.

What team does the new members support?

As a kid, United.

As an adult I treat it like is, a TV show. I want to be entertained, however i'll prefer to watch a United game if i expect it to be exciting. After back-to-back games of dead footy from them. I'm on too "what's the best game this week".

I've gone to Stamford Bridge 3 times in the last 4 season to watch Chelsea vs Citeh. Always an entertaining match-up.

Kai Havertz is a special player, i think he'll develop into a better player than Michael Ballack. If he gets acclimatised to the Prem. Chelsea are a top 3 team every year, then again they have a novice as manager albeit, a better one than United have got.

As a kid, United.

As an adult I treat it like is, a TV show. I want to be entertained, however i'll prefer to watch a United game if i expect it to be exciting. After back-to-back games of dead footy from them. I'm on too "what's the best game this week".

I've gone to Stamford Bridge 3 times in the last 4 season to watch Chelsea vs Citeh. Always an entertaining match-up.

I am happy u became a Chelsea fan. We are still trying to convince @CeLLar-DooR to come to the blue side, but he is a masochist.

Eberechi Eze. This guy won't be playing no more than a season with Palace. Been to Loftus Road a couple times, his acceleration combined with his dribbling is a problem.

Plays in the 'No. 10' role, he constantly changes his speed to create indecisiveness with the nearest challenger. Requires a prime Kante to keep up with him, at times.

If Zaha stays, Palace should finish close 10th place.

Agreed with everything you said except the bold. Palace signed him up on a 5 year deal so it'll take a big fee (I'm talking north of £70m) before they'd even consider letting him go. Also rumour has it, there was a 20% sell-on fee to QPR, so if Palace bought for £20m and sold for £70m with £14m going back to QPR, then they'd profit at around £36m which I can't see them taking anything less.

Also on the long-term contract, remember Zaha signed one himself and it's for that very reason why Palace were in position last Summer to be demanding £80m because they held all the cards

I am happy u became a Chelsea fan. We are still trying to convince @CeLLar-DooR to come to the blue side, but he is a masochist.

Lol nice try. I'm not Chelsea fan, i don't check for their games unless it's against the big boys.

Man Utd, i'll wacth them against anyone if i expect good footy or the're coming up against a tactical coach like Southampton (Hasenhüttl) or upcoming Leeds (Bielsa). Ole is done for, if he gets embarassed by Bielsa.

Agreed with everything you said except the bold. Palace signed him up on a 5 year deal so it'll take a big fee (I'm talking north of £70m) before they'd even consider letting him go. Also rumour has it, there was a 20% sell-on fee to QPR, so if Palace bought for £20m and sold for £70m with £14m going back to QPR, then they'd profit at around £36m which I can't see them taking anything less.

Also on the long-term contract, remember Zaha signed one himself and it's for that very reason why Palace were in position last Summer to be demanding £80m because they held all the cards

I didn't look up the transfer details. I don't expect him to play as well as he would need to, in order to justify such a huge transfer fee.

Yeah Wilf shouldn't have done that. Surprised players don't let their contract run to at least the last year or let it run out. They'll get a bigger new contract from the new team because of the low/no transfer fee.

Last edited:
We just loaned them Conor Gallagher, so I will be paying more attention to them this season.

That Chelsea/Palace partnership again.

First it was RLC for 17/18 season

Then Batshuayi in Jan 2019

Now CG for 20/21

It does mean that Palace can't take Bats off your hands....at least on a loan

small
michy-palace-0.jpg

SPORT-PREVIEW-GALLAGHER.jpg

As a kid, United.

sitting-fence-man-not-making-decision-54557004.jpg

Lol. OK so in the past 5 years, I've also been to...

Emirates twice in '17/18 vs United ( the Jesse Lingard 'Milly-Rock' game) & '18/19 vs Totty
Craven Cottage in 18/19 vs United
Wembley 18/19 (Totty vs United, great Pogba assist and Rashford finish)

The reason i don't say i 'support' United is because i don't show the same emotions that a 'supporter' typically shows, and i have no blind loyalty. I prefer they win all their matches but if they lose or drew..
MEH :foh10:

Last edited:
Lol. OK so in the past 5 years, I've also been to...

Emirates twice in '17/18 vs United ( the Jesse Lingard 'Milly-Rock' game) & '18/19 vs Totty
Craven Cottage in 17/18 vs United
Wembley 18/19 (Totty vs United, great Pogba assist and Rashford finish)

The reason i don't say i 'support' United is because i don't show the same emotions that a 'supporter' typically shows, and i have no blind loyalty. I prefer they win all their matches but if they lose or drew..
MEH :foh10:
So basically, Fuck Man Utd, right?

ONE OF US, ONE OF US, ONE OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back