Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2019/2020 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No coincidence that it's the leagues with the biggest broadcast and commercial interests trying to force this thing (PL, Bundesliga, La Liga). France and Holland used common sense instead of chasing that money.

It can be done with regular testing and actual plans.
I think there a moral question to it though

It can spread like wildfire though and can imagine how much it will cost to test an entire football team, every day??? And they cant even test half the NHS workers once over... And what if the kit man or chef gets it??? What if a player gets in and then gives it to his kid or mrs gets it and they get seriously ill??? Or kid takes it to school??? There are so many variables its just stupid... Ride it out until its safe/sensible...

Edit: how many players have unlined health issues too??? Asthma, diabetes etc can they play??? If not, thats unfair on that team...

Last edited:
It can spread like wildfire though and can imagine how much it will cost to test an entire football team, every day??? And they cant even test half the NHS workers once over... And what if the kit man or chef gets it??? What if a player gets in and then gives it to his kid or mrs gets it and the get seriously ill??? Or kid takes it to school??? There are so many variables its just stupid... Ride it out until its safe/sensible...

Edit: how many players have unlined health issues too??? Asthma, diabetes etc can they play??? If not, thats unfair on that team...
I don't disagree with you. But if they are so strongly to go ahead they need a strong plan.

It said the premier League will require 40k test. They want assurance that it won't be taken from essential workers.

I think it highlights the status issue of how they will be able to get test so easily but we have pretty much no chance that's where the moral issue occurs.

As for football Germany right now better placed to start the season then we are.

Also if no player wants to play in the Ideal world there should be 0 consequences.

The fear is if it doesn't start now when will it and how many teams can cope financially.

I don't disagree with you. But if they are so strongly to go ahead they need a strong plan.

It said the premier League will require 40k test. They want assurance that it won't be taken from essential workers.

I think it highlights the status issue of how they will be able to get test so easily but we have pretty much no chance that's where the moral issue occurs.

As for football Germany right now better placed to start the season then we are.

Also if no player wants to play in the Ideal world there should be 0 consequences.

The fear is if it doesn't start now when will it and how many teams can cope financially.

@ the bold, I don't necessarily have an issue with footballers/football clubs being able to have access to so many tests, if they're paying the premium for it from third party administrators. It would be a different case however if they were government funded or by the NHS.

As for football Germany right now better placed to start the season than we are.

Prem have more than enough funds to cope, most EPL and Championship clubs have billionaire owners... Maybe not all EFL clubs can cope but this is where the FA need to help the full 69 clubs...

The cost of testing would run into the millions, why give this money to keep clubs afloat???

When Richard Scadamore (spell check) left as head of the EPL, all the EPL clubs were 'asked' to give £250,000 each as gift lol there is an obscene amount of money floating around in the EPL...

But putting financial reasons aside... Are Germany really ready??? They have a whole club isolating already...

If player cant play because of health reasons, this give other clubs an unfair advantage...

I dunno, why not wait 2-3 months???

Prem have more than enough funds to cope, most EPL and Championship clubs have billionaire owners... Maybe not all EFL clubs can cope but this is where the FA need to help the full 69 clubs...

The cost of testing would run into the millions, why give this money to keep clubs afloat???

When Richard Scadamore (spell check) left as head of the EPL, all the EPL clubs were 'asked' to give £250,000 each as gift lol there is an obscene amount of money floating around in the EPL...

But putting financial reasons aside... Are Germany really ready??? They have a whole club isolating already...

If player cant play because of health reasons, this give other clubs an unfair advantage...

I dunno, why not wait 2-3 months???
Yes one team is in isolation but look at the country handling of the virus they clearly had a plan from the start. If shopping centres etc are going to open then why not sports?

@ the bold, I don't necessarily have an issue with footballers/football clubs being able to have access to so many tests, if they're paying the premium for it from third party administrators. It would be a different case however if they were government funded or by the NHS.
Ideal world wealth shouldn't determine your access to test. But i know that's not reality

Yes one team is in isolation but look at the country handling of the virus they clearly had a plan from the start. If shopping centres etc are going to open then why not sports?

Surely they will opening shopping centers with social distancing though??? You cant do that in sports... They gonna ban tackling and challenging for headers??? What if players get injured???

Are footballers gonna be banned from shopping centers etc as a consequence so they dont become 'spreaders' as a result???

I just Googled the rules for football, if football does return during the lockdown and it sounds sterile as fck: no crown, team celebrations, no 'high fives', no sharing water bottles, no spitting, no shirt swapping etc some is common sense, but saying its safe to play football but its not OK to high five just sounds backwards...

If we are talking football and not just the premier League no

Barcelona has that title easily and it isn't close

Nah, Fergie bringing in Cantona is similar to when Phil bought in Rodman... That finishing piece of the jigsaw, both maverick players on and off the pitch/court...

Barca are more like the 92 Dream team lol

Lol I don't think the things you listed are things I'm going to miss.

This is the world until there's a drug that helps or there's a vaccine.

I think you are allowed to have groups of 10 together in Germany.

With how the government has handled this there I want to believe Merkel has a plan

Nah, Fergie bringing in Cantona is similar to when Phil bought in Rodman... That finishing piece of the jigsaw, both maverick players on and off the pitch/court...

Barca are more like the 92 Dream team lol
Huh if you think they are the 92 dream team wouldn't that make them the most dominant team?

To put it into prospective

Ronaldo only won la Liga twice and that real Madrid team was amazing

Huh if you think they are the 92 dream team wouldn't that make them the most dominant team?

To put it into prospective

Ronaldo only won la Liga twice and that real Madrid team was amazing

Im talking about Man United not being dominant (bulls when pistons were on top) to becoming a dominate force and a dynasty...

Barca and Real always been dominant... United wernt until 1992, funnily/fortunately enough which was the 'Premier Leagues' first year...

Cantona was the missing piece, much like Rodman was to the Bulls and both were/are excentric... Im just drawing comparrisons...

You do the same for many teams...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back