Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't talk about Messi
Can't criticise man united players
Can't call out spurs

View attachment 258125
giphy.gif

Ok let's start this Beckham debate again

I keep reading here his time at Madrid was successful? Didn't he get dropped for Reyes?

Apologies for bringing this conversation/topic back up but I wasn't going to watch the Beckham Libel go on and just skip on by.
So w/regard to your question about his time at Madrid, I'm pretty sure your main argument was that Beckham was neither a top 15 nor a top 20 midfielder in the EPL all timer list(if one is making a list).

For a long time Michael Carrick was the most important player in that united team without him they wasn't the same Beckham played his role in a perfect balanced team however he was never that. Vital

Modric ran that midfield at spurs again. You mentioned trophies Anderson has more trophies than Gerrard let's stop that debate there just because you play for the best team it doesn't make you an elite player.

Yeah not quite "for a long time" was Carrick the most important player on United. Towards the end of his run there, I'd say at some point after 2010 or so yeah he became quite important for the success of the team. He was always a vital player but there were many seasons prior where Vidic, Rio, etc. were way more important to United's success. That's not to diminish the importance of Carrick but he became way more important and vital as others started to retire or get shipped out elsewhere.

Actually we don't stop because one mentions trophies. Just because you play for the best team doesn't make you an elite player...no shit bruv. That's why we don't compare Derek Fisher to Steve Nash or Horace Grant to Charles Barkley. But that doesn't mean you can't make an apples to apples comparisons w/regard to elite players that played for good teams and won trophies whilst also playing excellently. So no, trophies don't end a conversation about various players but they also aren't the be all and end all in comparing players. That's what stats are for as well as other factors. I'll also go back and include career longevity(in the premier league in this instance). That doesn't mean Gareth Barry and James Milner are better than Lamps, Gerrard etc. No that's stupid reasoning. But I'm saying it factors in when comparing certain players. How long you played in the league and at a top level. That's a valid tool to use as well...just not the be all and all once again. Many factors to use.

Beckham at his peak Vs Modric at his peak?

Also one has actually been successful in Spain

At their very best you are taking modric easily.

I'm not saying he's wack I'm saying he's not elite he's another footballer

Did you actually watch Beckham for Madrid prior to 2006/2007? I mean I won't even compare who was more valuable for Madrid, that's not even a debate, it's obviously Modric. But to say Beckham wasn't personally successful in Spain(prior to his last season or two) is silly. Nonetheless all that is moot because we are discussing performance in the Prem. not La Liga.

Dude, u must not have watch enough of Modric. Dude was a beast, especially when he was at Spurs. Top of my transfer wishlist for years.

MODRIC >>>> Beckham easily.

Once again though, different positions. And even then, what's the evidence that Modric in his 4 or 5 seasons at Spurs was better than Becks? Even if we take trophies out of the equation. What is there to prop up the argument in Modric's favour? If one had to come up with two all time prem XI teams to play against each other, would Modric actually make either team? He might but then over whom? Whereas position wise, Becks at the right wing would be on one of those all time Prem XI teams.

Ok It was check the stats now stats don't matter?

His spells at AC Milian and PSG were not successful Even though he won trophies (Anderson)

ok here is a List of some ELITE PLAYERS! Who you leaving out and why?
View attachment 258118

Once again, your argument was Premier League top 20 (Premier League career, not overall career in various leagues as most players tend to move after a while). Sidebar- Also not sure why you'd even mention his time at Milan since those were simply loan spells from the Galaxy and the first one was considered a success by most of the rossoneri-team, coaches, media and fans whereas the second one was curtailed by an achilles injury.

As for the players posted above, once again we're focused on the premier league but if I'm looking at that list to build a team then I can pinpoint various players to leave out as I'd need more than one defender.

Anyway back to Premier League comparison since your argument was that he wasn't good enough to be in a Prem top 20 list.
P.S. I have to acknowledge your inclusion of Le Tiss. I think he gets forgotten way too much especially by newer fans and those that forget Southampton played in the PL in the 90s.

Did you actually watch Beckham for Madrid prior to 2006/2007? I mean I won't even compare who was more valuable for Madrid, that's not even a debate, it's obviously Modric. But to say Beckham wasn't personally successful in Spain(prior to his last season or two) is silly. Nonetheless all that is moot because we are discussing performance in the Prem. not La Liga.

Once again though, different positions. And even then, what's the evidence that Modric in his 4 or 5 seasons at Spurs was better than Becks? Even if we take trophies out of the equation. What is there to prop up the argument in Modric's favour? If one had to come up with two all time prem XI teams to play against each other, would Modric actually make either team? He might but then over whom? Whereas position wise, Becks at the right wing would be on one of those all time Prem XI teams.

Once again, your argument was Premier League top 20 (Premier League career, not overall career in various leagues as most players tend to move after a while). Sidebar- Also not sure why you'd even mention his time at Milan since those were simply loan spells from the Galaxy and the first one was considered a success by most of the rossoneri-team, coaches, media and fans whereas the second one was curtailed by an achilles injury.

As for the players posted above, once again we're focused on the premier league but if I'm looking at that list to build a team then I can pinpoint various players to leave out as I'd need more than one defender.

Anyway back to Premier League comparison since your argument was that he wasn't good enough to be in a Prem top 20 list.
P.S. I have to acknowledge your inclusion of Le Tiss. I think he gets forgotten way too much especially by newer fans and those that forget Southampton played in the PL in the 90s.

@Blue_London @toheeb27 Yall made Becks sign up n post in this mofo

Got redeployed to do some work for the NHS so been busy.

I actually think if you don't rate Beckham, your whole opinion on football comes into question. Like did you even watch Beckham at his best?

At the height it was him and Roy Keane that were our best players and there was many games Beckham was the more important player.

Its not even slander, its just blind hate!

God damn Chelsea fans!!

Last edited:
Shouldn't have to school some of you but I forget Chelsea fans are new fans

Please do your homework before you come back in here hating!

• Goat
Reactions: GNS and dasmooth1
Beckham scored 18 free kicks in the PL. The nearest to get close is 12 from Henry I think.

When you actually delve into his stats he was an amazing player.

He should have won the Ballon D'Or in the 99 season where he was widely considered our most influential player in the year we won the treble. Lost out to Rivaldo. Ranked amongst the elite in what might be the best season for any one club in football history.

LMAO I can't believe you Chelsea fans.

Beckham scored 18 free kicks in the PL. The nearest to get close is 12 from Henry I think.

He should have won the Ballon D'Or in the 99 season where he was widely considered our most influential player in the year we won the treble. Lost out to Rivaldo. Ranked amongst the elite in what might be the best season for any one club in football history.

These Chelsea man got you hook line and sinker bro lol. Beckham's credentials don't need to be explained to anyone who knows about football

• Haha
Reactions: Mrman and DNB1

That's because Rivaldo was a tier above Becks back then fam...

And eventhough the treble was impressive, the better team lost the CL, Yall stole did win from Bayern lol yeah I said it.

I rate Becks though, national team wise the likes of Gérard and Lamps remain forever in his shadow.

And eventhough the treble was impressive, the better team lost the CL, Yall stole did win from Bayern lol yeah I said it.

I rate Becks though, national team wise the likes of Gérard and Lamps remain forever in his shadow.

The game ain't over until its over. Yea Bayern dominated, but Becks with the 2 corners in extra time won us the game. And the famous Ole winner of course. Legendary shit.

• Goat
Reactions: Hundredeyes
These Chelsea man got you hook line and sinker bro lol. Beckham's credentials don't need to be explained to anyone who knows about football

There is an art to this troll shit...these fuckers are good damn it!

So funny the key argument for “your great” is that he is good at free kicks, can cross the ball pretty well and won a lot.

Don’t have time to do the research, but I will bet good money that his free kick conversion percentage is one of the worst in history. Westbrook from the three point line.

• Haha
Reactions: Blue_London

Bro, don’t let these dudes overhype Beckham to u,

Faas Wilkes >>> Beckham. Unfortunately for Faas Wilkes, he did not marry Monique van de Ven, so his greatest is lost to history.

But u and I know dude was the truth. Faas Wilkes was the OG DRIBBLE GOD.

• Goat
Reactions: Hundredeyes
Status
Not open for further replies.