Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2019/2020 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beckham played with an elite squad but is he an actual elite player? I'm saying as a full package they're just average players

Becks had pure ice in his veins too, dude was good for the clutch shot or pass...

I havnt got time for this debate right now lol Im having to do some admin work from home, we had this a while ago so Im gonna copy and paste my reply back then...

Its the popular thing to say Beckham is overrated, yes his celebrity overshadows him at times...

But he is one of the best crossers (allow putting a T in front of the C haters) and long ball passes of all time... He created a new freekick technique and came up with BIG moments for club and country, such as scoring the last second free kick against Greece to take England to the World Cup in 2001...

Also after he was hated by the whole world for getting sent off against Argentina 1998 he went on had the best season of his life in 1999, winning the fans back and it was because of Beckham that we even won the CL that year, I think he racked up double figures in assists just in the CL (two of them were to Teddy and Ole in the final)... Also I think he won UEFA player of the year in 1999 and was second in the Ballon d'or to Rivaldo...

My boy @Blue_London woke up today like.....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becks had pure ice in his veins too, dude was good for the clutch shot or pass...

I havnt got time for this debate right now lol Im having to do some admin work from home, we had this a while ago so Im gonna copy and paste my reply back then...

Its the popular thing to say Beckham is overrated, yes his celebrity overshadows him at times...

But he is one of the best crossers (allow putting a T in front of the C haters) and long ball passes of all time... He created a new freekick technique and came up with BIG moments for club and country, such as scoring the last second free kick against Greece to take England to the World Cup in 2001...

Also after he was hated by the whole world for getting sent off against Argentina 1998 he went on had the best season of his life in 1999, winning the fans back and it was because of Beckham that we even won the CL that year, I think he racked up double figures in assists just in the CL (two of them were to Teddy and Ole in the final)... Also I think he won UEFA player of the year in 1999 and was second in the Ballon d'or to Rivaldo...

Didn't Micheal Owen win the ballon dor?

I ain't denying his impact I'm saying he's overrated.

He's not going in any united fans greatest 11 so how is he a elite footballer?

That free kick against Greece was great but how many freekicks did he have that match has he ever been the most prolific freekick taker in the league and world?

Again not saying he didn't have a impact I'm saying he's just another player. Is he making the bench in your greatest ever united team?

Bro, he left the PL 17 years ago and is still in the top 10 for assists. Of course he’s in my greatest team, bench or playing.

Overrated players don’t have those type of stats...lmao

Would he even get into spurs greatest 11? @Mknight you can vouch better than me?

Who we talking about Christain Eriksen or David Beckham? First and foremost Beckham was slow af but only needed half a yard to get a cross in.
I think it helped that he played for the most balanced premier league team ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back