Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t agree with comparing him with mbappe, he’s extremely talented but still young and playing in a squad filled with stars in a below par league.

Neither would I, Im just saying Griezy is touted around like the signing would be some crazy coup that would transform a team singe handily (like mbappe would)... When in reality I could see Griezy being very underwhelming like Higuain or Pedro...

Is Zaha a £100m player?

depends how you assess value. too many times, people line up players "as all things being equal" without taking into consideration key factors namely:

1. how old the player is
2. potential resale value
3. marketability
4. whether the player wants to go/the club want to sell (e.g. D. Costa and Courtois)
5. how long their existing contract is (Hazard may be touted at £86m and Zaha £80m, but one can leave for free within 12 months and the other has 4 years left on their contract)
6. the value and contribution to that club. For example 17/18 season, without Zaha it can be easily argued Palace would have went down. Don't have the stats but their win % was shite when he was injured, plus his goals/assists versus the team total is ridiculous. taking the fact that he may be the reason for palace staying up (and relegation is worth how much?), there's a reason why palace value him as such - doesn't mean they'll be able to sell him for that price (MV solid £50-60m)
7. Apparently United have a sell-on clause worth £15m. So if Zaha sold for £80m then it's £65m Palace, £15m United

Last edited:
Yo I thought he was Man United's player of the season though?!

'They are ahead in the pecking order': Southgate reveals Man United defender Shaw was omitted from England squad due to form of Chilwell and Rose

When asked if it was a tough choice, Southgate said: 'No. Ben Chilwell and Danny Rose have been excellent for us so they are ahead in the pecking order. But it gives us a lot of good options.'

Damn, Southgate gave Shaw the...

giphy.gif

depends how you assess value. too many times, people line up players "as all things being equal" without taking into consideration key factors namely:

1. how old the player is
2. potential resale value
3. marketability
4. whether the player wants to go/the club want to sell (e.g. D. Costa and Courtois)
5. how long their existing contract is (Hazard may be touted at £86m and Zaha £80m, but one can leave for free within 12 months and the other has 4 years left on their contract)
6. the value and contribution to that club. For example 17/18 season, without Zaha it can be easily argued Palace would have went down. Don't have the stats but their win % was shite when he was injured, plus his goals/assists versus the team total is ridiculous. taking the fact that he may be the reason for palace staying up (and relegation is worth how much?), there's a reason why palace value him as such - doesn't mean they'll be able to sell him for that price (MV solid £50-60m)
7. Apparently United have a sell-on clause worth £15m. So if Zaha sold for £80m then it's £65m Palace, £15m United

I'm sorry but he isn't worth £100m. And UTD have a 20% sell on clause, the papers just write 15m as based on him being sold for 80m. Really UTD should be able to pick him up for 50m

I didnt think Zaha fancied himself at a top6 side... He tried his chance at United and wanted to go back to Palace and then choose to sign long contract extension only a couple months ago... I always thought he was better being the big man at a 'small' club rather than another player at a big club....

I didnt think Zaha fancied himself at a top6 side... He tried his chance at United and wanted to go back to Palace and then choose to sign long contract extension only a couple months ago... I always thought he was better being the big man at a 'small' club rather than another player at a big club....

He only played 4 games for Utd. And he only signed a new deal so Palace get paid when it's time for him to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back