Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogba should be doing better, but fuck me the same can be said for the whole team. United are shit and massively underperforming. All this talk about Pogba and not others in the squad is suspect to me. Everyone saying Pogba should be carrying this team on his back... No he shouldn't. Everyone else should be putting their fair shift or get sold to another team.

Sanchez is the highest paid football yet does fuck all... He should be getting way more flack in the press for being a complete flop.

All facts!

Pogba should be doing better, but fuck me the same can be said for the whole team. United are shit and massively underperforming. All this talk about Pogba and not others in the squad is suspect to me. Everyone saying Pogba should be carrying this team on his back... No he shouldn't. Everyone else should be putting their fair shift or get sold to another team.

Sanchez is the highest paid football yet does fuck all... He should be getting way more flack in the press for being a complete flop.

This is all I’ve been saying this whole time. For some reason £89m means it’s all on Pogba.

When I think about Coutinho going for £120m to Barca and hardly made a difference I’m like why is it that Pogba is being made a scapegoat here?

This could be a stretch but some of the people still have an issue with how Pogba left United the first time around. They felt that he should have been patient and wait for his opportunity. Instead, he did what he felt was best for his career.

This is all I’ve been saying this whole time. For some reason £89m means it’s all on Pogba.

When I think about Coutinho going for £120m to Barca and hardly made a difference I’m like why is it that Pogba is being made a scapegoat here?

Dawg, was Coutinho ever the best at Barcelona fc?

There is no doubting Pogba (like the rest of the team) has under performed, other than the weeks after Jose left... I think the fact he gets pointed out as well is because when he signed there was so much fanfare and the feeling was he was one of the best players in the world and was gonna be scoring worldies week in week out, or atleast looking head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch, when in fact some games you might not even notice he is playing...

At the end of the day, leaders lead. Pogba is the soul leader of Manchester United on the football/dressing room. And he’s clearly getting things at Man U his way so yes, when all falls, you look to him.

Word to Zidane playing days at Real Madrid, or shit, word to Henry at arsenal.

I wish you guys would drop this scapegoat narrative.

Pogba gets heat PROPORTIONAL to the game time he gets, his supposed ability, his attention seekin' ways and his mediocrity on the field.

Sanchez is a flop, a very very well documented flop who doesn't start. So why on earth would he be in the headlines?

Barca are gonna win their league again so 120m Coutinho's lacklustre season isn't a big deal.

I can't believe that you guys don't understand that the standards should be higher for a Pogba than for most of the team. It's the same for every other teams top players, it's just that other teams' top guys perform. Look at the heat Bale gets for Madrid and that's despite his goal record and medal haul.

United fans think its cool to blame a 34 year old attackin' left mid playin' at right back but to criticise Pogba is to scapegoat him. Seriously I think its so strange.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, leaders lead. Pogba is the soul leader of Manchester United on the football/dressing room. And he’s clearly getting things at Man U his way so yes, when all falls, you look to him.

Word to Zidane playing days at Real Madrid, or shit, word to Henry at arsenal.

No no Zidane and Henry were instrumental in their teams success Pogba is nothin' like them.

LOL I completely agree and there's nobody to blame on that but Ed Woodward. Even if Mourinho co-signed the transfer, the structure of the deal is ridiculous!
I mean Woodward has a background in Accounting and Investment Banking, so clearly he must be good with numbers (hence the lucrative sponsorships) but he doesn't understand the football side of things.

I think Utd need to split Woodward's role in two: Woodward concentrates on commercial activities of brand United plus can allocate the budget, then a football person is involved in the actual transfers and negotiations of contracts etc
Woodward isn't actually bad for United contrary to what some supporters think, he's just really bad at one aspect of his job and excels at the other.

United best signing in the Summer should be a Director of Football/Football Director/Technical Director....whatever the fuck they want to call the role!
As Neville alluded to months ago (after Mourinho got sacked), this has to be a long-term strategy and rebuild job not quick fixes

from 09:34 - 15:05

Some guys to consider:
  • Monchi @ AS Roma (ex-Sevilla)
  • Rangnick @ Leipzig
  • Luis Campos @ Lille. Former Monaco man and brought through so many players on the cheap and turned a tidy profit: e.g. Fabinho, Bakayoko, Bernardo Silva, Lemar
  • I think you tried to get Berta @ Atletico but he decided to stay - revisit the situation
  • What about Rebecca Caplehorn @ Spurs? You were so fixated on getting the manager but what of the person who’s discovering Spurs talent on the cheap and negotiating their sales? Plus she knows how to work a budget so no frivolous shit!
  • Kevin Thelwell hasn’t done badly @ Wolves too
Or better yet Michael Emenalo? Big man did a lot of good things as Chelsea regardless what some may think. The guy brought in Azpi, Kante, Hazard, Costa, Mata, Fabregras, Pedro. Things didn't work out for him @ Monaco but I can't recall a really expensive (£30m+) bad flop he's had.

Look at what Michael Edwards @ Liverpool has done which is wonders. Sold Solanke (£19m), Ibe (£15m), Coutinho (£142m), Ings (£20m), Sakho (£26m). then managed to bring in VVD, Alisson, Salah to name a few.
This is the missing piece that will get United back to the top on a long-term and sustainable basis

I wish you guys would drop this scapegoat narrative.

Pogba gets heat PROPORTIONAL to the game time he gets, his supposed ability, his attention seekin' ways and his mediocrity on the field.

Sanchez is a flop, a very very well documented flop who doesn't start. So why on earth would he be in the headlines?

Barca are gonna win their league again so 120m Coutinho's lacklustre season isn't a big deal.

I can't believe that you guys don't understand that the standards should be higher for a Pogba than for most of the team. It's the same for every other teams top players, it's just that other teams' top guys perform. Look at the heat Bale gets for Madrid and that's despite his goal record and medal haul.

United fans think its cool to blame a 34 year old attackin' left mid playin' at right back but to criticise Pogba is to scapegoat him. Seriously I think is so strange.

Yeah even Ronny got heat when he under performed... The reason players like Ronny, Messi, Cantona, George Best, Gazza or GOAT sportsmen in other sports like Jordan for instance back in the day, can or could do pretty much whatever they want is because they back/backed it up come game time... Had they not then they would have gotten slaughtered...

@Hundredeyes I know he is the enemy, but do u rate Erik ten Hag as a Manager?

I do ever since his FC Utrecht days, people here in Holland made fun of him because he's from the east of the country and speaks with a funny accent but he is basically a Cruijff/Pep adapt, even worked with Pep back in the Bayern Munchen days where he managed the BM youth squad.

He's a fanatic, obsessed with perfecting the - modern - game, slowly redefining total football...Ajax bossed around Juve, Bayern and Real al with different tactics, fam is adapting to his opponents. He would have never lost that EL final vs. Man U cause would have anticipated and respected Jose's park the bus tactics, that's the main difference between him and Bosz, Bosz just keeps playing his own game like Barca - even now at leverkusen - and doesn't respect the art of defending.

Fam has given some great post match interviews where breaks shit down to a T.

I think hes Bayern bound after this Ajax run...shit give fam Man Us budget and he ll run the Prem in 2 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back