Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is a Midfielder like some say, then he should have Pogba's spot, right? lol.

Agreed.

I think Pogba only got picked due to the timing of when the players are asked to do this.

I personally think they’re both inconsistent but over the course of the season Hazard is the leagues best player.

Travesty he is left out of the front or midfield.

Pogba has spent more time WALKING than any other Premier League midfielder this season as he continues to have effort questioned by former United stars

• Plenty of pundits have questioned Paul Pogba's work rate this season
  • Manchester United midfielder was included in PFA team of the year
  • But his effort has occasionally been called into question during recent run
  • Pogba is first out of 79 Premier League midfielders in most time walking

12775516-0-image-a-194_1556319265764.jpg

The Frenchman's time spent walking on the pitch is 64 per cent, a measurement that puts him first out of 79 players.
United have lost five out of their last six matches and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side are in a slump.

Pogba has often been looked at as the scapegoat and his form tailed off after a renaissance when Solskjaer took the interim managerial position.

Despite the negativity surrounding the 26-year-old, he made the PFA Team of the Year and there are some stats to weaken the argument that he is not putting in the hard yards.

Pogba is 16th out of 79 in terms of total distance covered by a midfielder and 34th out of 79 in sprints per game.

Former United midfielder Roy Keane is one of the more vocal critics of Pogba and said he is a 'big problem' for the club.

'The guy is a talented boy, but we're saying the same thing over and over again. The number of times we've seen him in games where he is not sprinting or running back,' he told Sky Sports.

'He's talking about body language – but throws his hands up in the air. He's a big problem for United.

'Graeme (Souness) spoke earlier about needing good senior players at your football club. He's a senior player, played in big competitions and won big trophies. I don't think he leads by example, from what I see.'

So they come out with a walking stat now?

Some of yall cant see it but now that they can’t pick on Sterling the undertones of racism is linked to this Pogba agenda.

Nigga is 16th in the whole league for distance covered but the headline is that he walks the most.

It don’t surprise he wants out of this country. Media hated him from the time we spent £89m and after Ole said he’s staying yesterday I expect the headlines of negativity to continue.

You can’t be black and have money AND a lil swag in this country.

Mums always taught me that as a black man you got work twice as hard as everybody else. I teach my son the same shit. To get ur recognition you gotta break yo back over here.

Some of yall cant see it but now that they can’t pick on Sterling the undertones of racism is linked to this Pogba agenda.

Nigga is 16th in the whole league for distance covered but the headline is that he walks the most.

It don’t surprise he wants out of this country. Media hated him from the time we spent £89m and after Ole said he’s staying yesterday I expect the headlines of negativity to continue.

Mums always taught me that as a black man you got work twice as hard as everybody else. I teach my son the same shit. To get ur recognition you gotta break yo back over here.

Nah bro this isn't coz he black

@DNB1 do you seriously believe Pogba has justified his transfer in the almost three years he's been here?

Or is it that you believe he COULD be worth it with the right manager/players.

@DNB1 do you seriously believe Pogba has justified his transfer in the almost three years he's been here?

Or is it that you believe he COULD be worth it with the right manager/players.

Put it like this, Sanchez gets paid 75k appearance fee. The other day he came on for 12 mins and touched the ball once. ONCE! He got paid an extra 75k on top of his weekly wage but where is the headlines?

Again I’m not stupid enough to say he’s always put in 100%. But the stats clearly show he is putting in effort, more than the rest of the team.

I believe what I see. What I see was a good effective player for Juve, a very important part of a World Cup winning team and a player struggling in a UTD team whose board of directors have repeatedly made stupid mistakes with team and managerial appointments since SAF left.

And I’m sorry, I do believe there is undertones of racism in the media agenda against him.

Fickle UTD fans forget that Pogba dragged the team from oblivion back into top four contention.

Only people to give him some recognition is his fellow peers that put him in PLT of the year. And yes I believe other players should be in that team ahead of him but at least some are giving him some recognition for his efforts in a mediocre to bad team.

In all fairness Pogba has scored 7 penalties this season (the second highest in the league) in addition to missing 3 (joint highest in the league, so that's 10 penalties total.

When you're penalty run up looks like this:

BitterShamelessKakapo-size_restricted.gif

You're bound to have high walking stats!

Fam Ashley Young (yellow boots) was moving faster than him in the background lol

There are no headlines about Sanchez coz he's not playin'. It's that simple. Get Pogba outta the team for the whole year more or less and no one would talk about him either.

Well for Juve he played a weird attackin' left mid position and for France he's a straight up DM and he wasn't vital for either team.

No one forgets he was good for two months.
We also don't forget that Pogba has been with us for three years and those two months are the only times he looked a top player

His lack of effort in a mediocre team is why he isn't rated. Gerrard played with wack niggas his entire career and he NEVER let them make him look weak. He always made them look better. But then, Gerrard was an actual and proven top player. Not some fantasy guy like Pogba

In all fairness Pogba has scored 7 penalties this season (the second highest in the league) in addition to missing 3 (joint highest in the league, so that's 10 penalties total.

When you're penalty run up looks like this:

BitterShamelessKakapo-size_restricted.gif

You're bound to have high walking stats!

Fam Ashley Young (yellow boots) was moving faster than him in the background lol

And it’s stupidness like this that puts him in the limelight. Makes himself a target. Just take the fucking penalty!!

As for the racism I can only disagree. Pogba is loud, he takes penalties loud, he's loud when he talks to the media, he's loud all the time so obviously there will be headlines. It's not like Sterling who was just buyin his mum a house.

Pogba courts the attention. Also, the media isn't even negative toward Pogba. One or two pundits see through the hype (Keane, Carra, Souness) but most of them spit that 'Pogba is A WC player' rubbish

Put it like this, Sanchez gets paid 75k appearance fee. The other day he came on for 12 mins and touched the ball once. ONCE! He got paid an extra 75k on top of his weekly wage but where is the headlines?

Today's headlines fam....

This week, Sanchez will pick up his latest paycheck that will take his total wages to an incredible £30MILLION having made just 30 starts... is he the worst value signing in the Premier League era?

12787464-0-image-m-1_1556364574130.jpg

• Manchester United are set to break £30million in their outlay on Alexis Sanchez
  • Crunching numbers shows he has been paid a total of £29.865m since he joined
  • Sanchez has not featured for a full 90 minutes since August 10 – 258 days ago
  • At least the £2m bonus they promised for 40 goals or assists in a season is safe

Football Leaks revealed all there is to know about Alexis Sanchez’s Manchester United contract last year, from his £391,000-a-week salary to a £1.1million annual signing-on fee.

Not to mention any additional appearances fees which will come his way following an 83rd-minute introduction against Manchester City, despite him going on to touch the ball once.

Still, the silver lining for United amid these astronomical numbers is that the £2m bonus they promised him for 40 goals or assists in a season is going nowhere.

Against City on Wednesday, it was the same old story. Now, United head into what is a must-win game against Chelsea if they are to stay in the chase for the Champions League.

It is unlikely Sanchez will feature from the off. If he did, it would be his 31st start in a United shirt, and for the 31st time he would be handed a bonus of £75,000.

In all, with Football Leaks having lifted the curtain, crunching the numbers shows how Sanchez has been paid a total of £29.865m since joining in January 2018.

One more week will bring one more £391,000 wage slip, meaning he will break the £30m barrier.

It is safe to say United have had no bang for their buck.

In 2018-19, Sanchez has scored one goal in the Premier League – the winner against Newcastle in October. He has three assists, with his last also against Newcastle in January.

There are no headlines about Sanchez coz he's not playin'. It's that simple. Get Pogba outta the team for the whole year more or less and no one would talk about him either.

Well for Juve he played a weird attackin' left mid position and for France he's a straight up DM and he wasn't vital for either team.

No one forgets he was good for two months. But then everyone was good for two months.
We also don't forget that Pogba has been with us for three years and those two months are the only times he looked a top players.

His lack of effort in a mediocre is why he isn't rated. Gerrard played with wack niggas his entire career and he NEVER let them make him look weak. He always made them look better. But then, Gerrard was an actual and proven top player. Not some fantasy guy like Pogba

Think about some of the players Gerard had to pass to. Micheal Owen, Suarez, Torres for a few...he didn’t play with wack niggas his whole career.

Lmao...well damn @Valentinez A. Kaiser you would find the story but I’m glad that I don’t be just seeing this shit myself.

But look what he gets paid compared to what he does. And niggas focus on Pogba and whether he has earned his money.

Over three years that’s £90m in wages. And one goal this season.

Lmao...well damn @Valentinez A. Kaiser you would find the story but I’m glad that I don’t be just seeing this shit myself.

But look what he gets paid compared to what he does. And niggas focus on Pogba and whether he has earned his money.

Over three years that’s £90m in wages. And one goal this season.

LOL I completely agree and there's nobody to blame on that but Ed Woodward. Even if Mourinho co-signed the transfer, the structure of the deal is ridiculous!
I mean Woodward has a background in Accounting and Investment Banking, so clearly he must be good with numbers (hence the lucrative sponsorships) but he doesn't understand the football side of things.

I think Utd need to split Woodward's role in two: Woodward concentrates on commercial activities of brand United plus can allocate the budget, then a football person is involved in the actual transfers and negotiations of contracts etc
Woodward isn't actually bad for United contrary to what some supporters think, he's just really bad at one aspect of his job and excels at the other.

Pogba should be doing better, but fuck me the same can be said for the whole team. United are shit and massively underperforming. All this talk about Pogba and not others in the squad is suspect to me. Everyone saying Pogba should be carrying this team on his back... No he shouldn't. Everyone else should be putting their fair shift or get sold to another team.

Sanchez is the highest paid football yet does fuck all... He should be getting way more flack in the press for being a complete flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back