Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurgen Klopp has admitted that he faces a "really difficult problem" regarding the right-back position due to a combination of injury and suspension troubles.

Could this be a sign that Liverpool are in the market for a new right-back before the end of the window?

Liverpool needs not additional assistance

Happy to see Stan Kroenke's team going to the Super Bowl. He is a GREAT team owner....

Crazy what happens when you invest in a great coach.

The Rams are getting a brand new billion dollar stadium, Stan kroenke is known for being a cheapskate, wonder where they got all the extra cash from?

Crazy what happens when you invest in a great coach.

The Rams are getting a brand new billion dollar stadium, Stan kroenke is known for being a cheapskate, wonder where they got all the extra cash from?

The League. The NFL loves LA. They love Kroenke. They have wanted a team in LA every since the Rams left for STL. They tried to force several owners of startup franchises to set up a team there (to no avail) and when Kroenke expressed interest in leaving St Louis(Like the bastard he is) the league did everything (a la David Stern and the Sonics) to help him move them. Plus that new stadium is brilliant and everything the league wants in a stadium. No doubt Goodell and the league are helping him with whatever financing is needed for that stadium. Kroenke is the cheapest of rich people cheapskate.

Jurgen Klopp has admitted that he faces a "really difficult problem" regarding the right-back position due to a combination of injury and suspension troubles.

Could this be a sign that Liverpool are in the market for a new right-back before the end of the window?

Liverpool needs not additional assistance

Ain't nobody force him to let Clyne leave on loan in the middle of the season.

Amazing that Sane gets benched when Mendy is fit. As good as Mendy is, as long as Sane is fit, I would never have Sane on the bench

But they don't play the same position unless Pep chooses to play Mendy further up the left. Isnt it between Mendy/Danilo/Delph?

Not mad at it at all

If Jose hiddink Conte all said the same thing then may be there is a problem.

You have a core group of players in Azpi, Luiz, Alonso, Kante, Hazard, Willian and Pedro who have all won the PL multiple times. Some of them have won World Cups, Euros And Champs Leagues. No way is it a mentality problem othwrwise these players could never have been so successful and lasted.

Sarri's mentality is the problem here. When you have a coach who thinks he is smarter than everyone and that his way is the only way rather than adapting, that is a recipe for disaster. Conte adapted when he switched to 3 at the back with wing backs. Sarri will need to adjust if he is to survive.
3 world class managers saying the same thing can't be wrong and yes sarri isnt blameless like Jose like Conte etc but these players are not what you would call leaders.

The players you mentioned how many of them would you say are leaders? You see any of them sacrificing themselves for the club Raul mireless was at Chelsea for less than a year took a card against Barcelona when he knew he would miss the champions League final for it.

Also the players mentioned minus probably kante haven't been the vocal point of leadership in any team some of them can't even get in their national team

I think both of you are correct.
The players mentioned, a number of them have shown and displayed Shitty attitudes over the years...especially when Chelsea are not in contention for 1st. No real leaders like a Terry or Lampard or Drogba. Not even obviously quiet leaders who lead by example on the pitch.
On the other hand Sarri has done himself no favors with his tactics and lineup. The Jorginho experiment with Kante ahead of him will be mind boggling regardless of whether Chelsea finish in the top 4. The failure to rotate regularly is a problem. I bet certain players on the team have issues with all those.
I enjoyed Sarri's honesty but I hope those comments dont lose him the dressing room.

But they don't play the same position unless Pep chooses to play Mendy further up the left. Isnt it between Mendy/Danilo/Delph?
Essentially they do, because City have so much possession Mendy is able to play so high up the pitch that he pretty much occupies the same space as Sane but because Mendy is obviously better defensively Pep seems to favour the one that can do both, which makes sense I guess but Sane is a special talent.

I think both of you are correct.
The players mentioned, a number of them have shown and displayed Shitty attitudes over the years...especially when Chelsea are not in contention for 1st. No real leaders like a Terry or Lampard or Drogba. Not even obviously quiet leaders who lead by example on the pitch.
On the other hand Sarri has done himself no favors with his tactics and lineup. The Jorginho experiment with Kante ahead of him will be mind boggling regardless of whether Chelsea finish in the top 4. The failure to rotate regularly is a problem. I bet certain players on the team have issues with all those.
I enjoyed Sarri's honesty but I hope those comments dont lose him the dressing room.

I think the lack of depth in the team is a real problem. These players know They are better than the options on the bench by some distance for city you are playing for your position every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back