Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again a Spanish team beats an English one. Add Atletico doing Wenger boys makes it 22 wins in 27!

a5niv.png

20 wins out of 25 in knock-out European football since 2008 (i.e. over the last 10 seasons)
is clearly La Liga dominance over Prem clubs.

And you can't even say it's just Barca/Real doing the damage single-handedly. I count 8 different Spanish teams vs 9 different English teams

Update: just realised it didn't include Liverpool's thrashing of Real on that list

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7899615.stm

Since 2008/09....

Champions League has been won by Barca 3 times and Real Madrid 3 times so you're right in that respect. a total of 6 of the last 9 finals went to Spain.
However 2 out of the 3 times Barca won it, was against English opposition i.e. Fergie's Man United (not this transition team) in the finals
Also more importantly 2 out of the 3 times Real won it, was against Spanish opposition i.e. Atletico Madrid. So let's not discredit those all Spanish finals.

UEFA Cup/Europa League has been won by Sevilla 3 times and Atletico Madrid 2 times. a total of 5 of the last 9 finals went to Spain.
However 1 of the 3 times Sevilla won it, was against English opposition i.e. Liverpool
Also more importantly 1 of the 2 times Atletico won it, was against Spanish opposition i.e. Athletic Bilbao. The other 1 was against English opposition i.e. Fulham.

The whole point of the European cup competitions is to pit the best of the best, and it's a fact La Liga teams IN BOTH European competitions have been dominating all other European league teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back