The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
U guys love to rewrite history and turn Fergie into this perfect manager, smh....

He had his flaws but he owned up to them too, getting rid of Stam etc was crazy... He was hot headed and had principles but he still projected his players regardless and fought their corners in the media instead of throwing them under the bus, and the players knew this and so felt protected, even if they didnt like him it all stayed in house for the most part, if their was bad apple he got rid for the greater good... I cant think of a time when he disrespected or slammed his team or players, even when everyone knew he was lying and we played like schitt... Plus his mind game levels were Jedi like ask Kevin Keegan haha He is up their with the GOAT alongside Busby, Paisley, Rinus, Clough, Shankley, Herrera, Bobby Robson, I think in a 5 years Arsene, Pep and Jose will be added to the list too...

Lol didn't he disrespect roy Keane Beckham van nistelroy in public lol

Nah he didnt come and disrespect them after a game, saying so and so was a disgrace to the shirt etc when Becks became a diva he got rid of him, he had a fight with Keane 'in house' and felt Keane was being toxic, as great a player as he was, he got rid... All the arguments 'in the press' happened after they left... Fergie went to war for his players...

Reactions: GNS
In fact if you just Google it there a list of players Ferguson criticised in public

Like I said, imo Fergie knew when to kick ass and put an arm around a player, but what Im saying is he rarely in his 25 years as United manager publicly berated players in a press meeting though, especially singled out by name...

I 'Googled' it:

SOURCE:
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...manchester-united-news-alex-ferguson-11918367

Manchester United players who Sir Alex Ferguson publicly criticised

Beckham

'The flying boot was punted inside the dressing room, but three years earlier Ferguson publicly admonished Beckham after he arrived for training late. United had just moved into their Carrington quarters and prying photographers captured the moment Ferguson sent the world's most recognisable footballer back into the dressing room.'

Ronaldo

"It's hard when a player who wants to entertain doesn't get everything his own way,” Ferguson explained. “But you can't get everything your own way.”

In this instance, Ferguson's majestic man-management shone through. Three days later, Ronaldo responded to the rebuke by scoring perhaps the greatest goal of his career at FC Porto.

Evans

"F*****g wake up," Ferguson screamed at the 22-year-old defender. This was public criticism of a United player at its most volcanic, a glimpse of the hairdryers within the four dressing room walls.

"I was just giving him a bit of gentle advice," Ferguson said later.

"Our whole back four were going to get it, but he's unfortunate he was the nearest defender to me.

Again, this was behind closed doors

Rooney

A notoriously unreliable penalty taker, he slipped and blazed the ball wide with a run up almost as ridiculous as Simone Zaza's at the Euros.

"I don’t know what Wayne was trying to do with the penalty," Ferguson fumed. "I was dumbstruck by that one."

Not much in it imo

Rooney

Rooney had just scored twice in a 4-0 win over Aston Villa but the goals masked a low-quality performance which Ferguson was keen to highlight.

"I think Wayne is the type of player who has to play on the edge in a game really," Ferguson told MUTV. “When it's a really close and competitive game. When it gets to that casual bit, he's worse than the rest of them. He gets so casual about it.” The club website did not hesitate running the quotes.

Not really much in that imo

Smalling

On the stroke of half-time, Smalling was outjumped by Vincent Kompany for the eventual winner.

"If you lose a goal at a set-piece you only have yourself to blame at this level," Ferguson said. He later admitted it was a mistake to single out Smalling.

Admitted it he was wrong to single out Smalling...

Rooney

"Rooney is fit, he has trained really well," Ferguson said after the forward had recovered from a nasty gash suffered against Fulham. "The period he was injured, I think that was key to it. He maintained his fitness which is important because he is a stocky lad.

"He is very stocky, he is going to have to train well all the time, there is no doubt about that.”

Calling a player stocky isnt really much of a criticism haha

Nani

"We gave the ball away for a third goal and we were in complete control of the game at that point," Ferguson said after United's 5-4 League Cup extra-time defeat at Chelsea.

"We were playing really good football at that point and all we needed to do was see the game out by keeping possession.

"But Nani decided to try and beat a player, lost the ball and they got a penalty kick against us.” The clumsy Scott Wootton conceded the foul to gift Chelsea a stoppage-time equaliser, but Ferguson turned on the more experienced Nani.

I was pissed at this game, but yeah he called him out...

Rooney

"I took him off because Villa were a very fast, young side, full of running, and their substitute was running past Wayne."
Ferguson is unlikely to be of the same view as the multitude of blinkered television pundits that Rooney belongs in midfield in the current United side.

Not much in that either imo...

My point was that in my view over 25 years, Fergie was a more private person when comes to the team, Jose is more combative...

Speaking of United Managers criticizing players.......

Former Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal slams 'unprofessional' players during his Old Trafford reign after progress emails went ignored

Former Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has claimed many of his stars were 'unprofessional' during his time in the Premier League.

The Dutchman tried to incorporate his meticulous approach at United, sending around personal emails to each of his players detailing their progress ahead of face-to-face meetings.

Van Gaal attached alerts to these emails so he would be notified whether or not a player opened his message, though he concedes that some individuals did try to dupe the system and make out as though they had read his feedback.

'I developed the digital tracker with my IT man. Each player was able to log in,' Van Gaal revealed this week in an interview with German publication Bild.

'So I gave everyone the opportunity to prepare for the conversation with me at home and to meet me in dialogue at eye level.'

When asked about players not bothering to read his messages, Van Gaal was forthright.

Van Gaal wished some of his 'unprofessional' United players were more like Arjen Robben

'That’s true, too. But this testifies to their unprofessionalism and I have then addressed them.

'But I already did that with the emails at Bayern. My conviction is that a full professional also wants to live professionally. Like Arjen Robben. He read the emails.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...reveals-wanted-Lewandowski.html#ixzz5A6gJsyLk

He had his flaws but he owned up to them too, getting rid of Stam etc was crazy... He was hot headed and had principles but he still projected his players regardless and fought their corners in the media instead of throwing them under the bus, and the players knew this and so felt protected, even if they didnt like him it all stayed in house for the most part, if their was bad apple he got rid for the greater good... I cant think of a time when he disrespected or slammed his team or players, even when everyone knew he was lying and we played like schitt... Plus his mind game levels were Jedi like ask Kevin Keegan haha He is up their with the GOAT alongside Busby, Paisley, Rinus, Clough, Shankley, Herrera, Bobby Robson, I think in a 5 years Arsene, Pep and Jose will be added to the list too...

Used to be our coach, back when foreign managers still wanted to win the eredivisie and we had 3 CL spots. Now even the champs have to qualify for a CL spot lol smh.

Lmao @ I like Arjen Robben, he reads the emails.

LVGs system only works when all the players follow it. Everytime a few didn't he lost the players and got sacked.

He did great in life though, fam was a shitty baller and was a gym teacher untill Leo 'the God' beenhakker gave him a chance.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.