Welcome To aBlackWeb

DEBATE The misappropriation of Gofundme....

Remember when Damar Hamlin died on the field and everyone started to donate to his foundation on GoFundMe? His foundation had a goal of $2,500 and it was flooded with donations overnight to bring it to almost $10 million

There's some great stories and people doing good on there despite some people just creating sob stories for some cash

It irks me. Life insurance is important, everyone should have a little policy. I know a family that's used gofundme for 3 different family members, that's ridiculous.

When we lived in Phoenix there were charity car washes at every other gas station for funeral expenses or operations. I remember one for bail money but that didn't seem to get much traction, at least the few times I rode by anyways.

Now it's gofundme posts on social media every time you turn around. And I get that some folks are absolutely destitute and when foul shit happens they need help with funerals and alladat, but at the same time there's a whole lot of muhfuckas that can magically find money for weed and alcohol all the time but can't figure out $25-$30 a month for life insurance and it's really frustrating.

When we lived in Phoenix there were charity car washes at every other gas station for funeral expenses or operations. I remember one for bail money but that didn't seem to get much traction, at least the few times I rode by anyways.

Now it's gofundme posts on social media every time you turn around. And I get that some folks are absolutely destitute and when foul shit happens they need help with funerals and alladat, but at the same time there's a whole lot of muhfuckas that can magically find money for weed and alcohol all the time but can't figure out $25-$30 a month for life insurance and it's really frustrating.
Exactly. I completely understand sometimes things happen, but I'm not donating money to bury your uncle that was a drunk for 25 years and died of cirrhosis.

It's all sales.
It's been proven time and time again, if you can sell people... There's no ceiling.

That's why Trump can win the presidency, again. Once you con them in, they'll give you money. And the world rewards this at every level of every single aspect of society.

How did a charity fundraising website turn into place where people could get thousands for a sob story and use as an alternative to life insurance?
Everything of value is devalued at some point because opportunist reckonized the value in it.

Church
Insurance
Dating
Owning a home
Owning a business
Having kids
Sex
Smoking
Food
Drink
Water

Essentially everything is ruined once people realize you can manipulate it to make money

Google is like that now, used to be you never made it past the first page. Now you have to at least go three pages deep to find an accurate and unspam filled link.

You can’t even get a quick how to video on YouTube anymore because maybe the first 10 is someone giving 10 minutes of commentary before they start. Just for you to find out they know just as much as you do

It's all sales.
It's been proven time and time again, if you can sell people... There's no ceiling.

That's why Trump can win the presidency, again. Once you con them in, they'll give you money. And the world rewards this at every level of every single aspect of society.
Facts

Let people do whatever they want with their money. What's the difference with them doing it and gofundme's being made by people on this site
Pretty much.

Nobody forced folks to donate money for these people’s causes. I can’t even say the people that donated got scammed because it wasn’t like they were purchasing a product or service.

They donated the money.

I don't really think it's an issue. Scammer niggas are gonna get find a way to hit a lick on ANYTHING. It's great that a platform exists for people who need to raise money for whatever reason to link with people who are wiling to give money for that reason. A certain percentage of scammer niggas come along with that.

A tale as old as time. It is what it is.

I don't really think it's an issue. Scammer niggas are gonna get find a way to hit a lick on ANYTHING. It's great that a platform exists for people who need to raise money for whatever reason to link with people who are wiling to give money for that reason. A certain percentage of scammer niggas come along with that.

What about getting money because you worked at a fast food restaurant for a really long time and your daughters say you should get a vacation

What about getting money because you worked at a fast food restaurant for a really long time and your daughters say you should get a vacation

Who cares, B? If that nigga's daughter wants to start a GFM for him cuz they think BK did him dirty...and there are people who are willing to give him money because they also think BK did him dirty...then good for all parties involved.

Last edited:
Back