Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 08-29-24

Translation: They have a lot of issues to fix for next season
Basically. Most expensive show ever and the ratings not matching? I liked the show, but even I can tell you it was kinda boring. Get rid of the Harfoot stuff and get new writers that actually know the lore/material

Basically. Most expensive show ever and the ratings not matching? I liked the show, but even I can tell you it was kinda boring. Get rid of the Harfoot stuff and get new writers that actually know the lore/material
It's because of the whites not watching the show because it has black elves ,dwarves and hobbits. They are gatekeeping and hating on the show.

Thread only at 13 pages says it all. Garbage show, garbage writing, weak ass acting, nice visuals. The Sauron thing everyone knew from the jump.

I remember LOTR stans thinking this show would challenge GoT
:hahaha:
If you like game of thrones that's cool you have a right like what you like but if you don't like lord of the rings please explain why instead of starting a silly franchise IP war.most of us are over 30 and we're to old to engage in childish behavior such as this. if you have a gripe with this show feel free to express yourself this is a discussion thread not an appreciation thread.

3916012e3bcbeda31178bc74baf995e015a789ca.gifv

9b45e658048b57bc30163aa993b7f023513cd9a8.gifv

a54191f0b3cc21d41b69cdb4cc032d75adbea04d.gifv

If you like game of thrones that's cool you have a right like what you like but if you don't like lord of the rings please explain why instead of starting a silly franchise IP war.most of us are over 30 and we're to old to engage in childish behavior such as this. if you have a gripe with this show feel free to express yourself this is a discussion thread not an appreciation thread.
I love the LOTR films and was hoping this show would be good. So I checked it out. But it's a case study on how not to do an adaption. Far more source material to lean on for RoP, while HOTD's source was a bit weak IMO.

Point is they have two years to fix things, but they have to start listening to critiques. That Sauron reveal was the WOAT

I love the LOTR films and was hoping this show would be good. So I checked it out. But it's a case study on how not to do an adaption. Far more source material to lean on for RoP, while HOTD's source was a bit weak IMO.

Point is they have two years to fix things, but they have to start listening to critiques. That Sauron reveal was the WOAT
They don't own the rights to a lot of the source material so they have wing it which is fine by me since I've never read any of the books.

I enjoyed the series and will be back for season 2.

Never read the books so I dont have the attachment some folks do. The episode with Mt Doom was the best of the season by far.

My only thing is that from the original series if I remember correctly they made Sauron seem like this huge towering figure, not just some regular nigga with some dope armor. I'll be glad going into season two if they drop the whole who's who shit so we know the characters we're dealing with straight off. The reveals were a bit underwhelming imo

They don't own the rights to a lot of the source material so they have wing it which is fine by me since I've never read any of the books.
I mean if you've never read the books or don't know the lore, then I can understand why some things don't bother you. But beyond any of that, my issue has always been the poor writing. I don't know how they could spend so much $$$ on a show and pick horrible writers.

I enjoyed the series and will be back for season 2.

Never read the books so I dont have the attachment some folks do. The episode with Mt Doom was the best of the season by far.

My only thing is that from the original series if I remember correctly they made Sauron seem like this huge towering figure, not just some regular nigga with some dope armor. I'll be glad going into season two if they drop the whole who's who shit so we know the characters we're dealing with straight off. The reveals were a bit underwhelming imo
He's a shapeshifter so that's not his natural form

Back