Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO The Last of Us (No 2nd Game Spoilers!!)

lol @Chi-Town B tryna make excuses and justify being a lying piece of shit.

Joel did what he did.. he should be able to stand on it. Lying to her helps no-one but Joel. Selfish

lol @Chi-Town B tryna make excuses and justify being a lying piece of shit.

Joel did what he did.. he should be able to stand on it. Lying to her helps no-one but Joel. Selfish
She has an issue with people dying, you know what she said about Riley's death. You saw how she felt about Tess, Henry and Sam so what's the reason to add more people. If she finds out later then you take that hit but hopefully before that happens she has found a reason to live

Joel was grimey for lying. I would have told her that truth. But I totally get it. He sees her getting darker and darker and the dad in him wants her to just be happy

She has an issue with people dying, you know what she said about Riley's death. You saw how she felt about Tess, Henry and Sam so what's the reason to add more people. If she finds out later then you take that hit but hopefully before that happens she has found a reason to live

nah fuck that. It's the fuckin apocalypse bruh who the hell wouldnt have an issue with people dying lol tf.

Chump move to lie to her face like that. And he knows shes smart so her even questioning him on if he's telling the truth should let him know she has doubts about what he said and he had an opportunity to come clean.

What about any of the shit they been through makes you think she wouldnt be able to handle the truth.. shes handled worse.

He wasnt protecting shit when it comes to her.. he's trying to protect her idea of him and their father/daughter relationship they built up and thats it.

Joel was grimey for lying. I would have told her that truth. But I totally get it. He sees her getting darker and darker and the dad in him wants her to just be happy
She's still a child so now you help her to have some form of a childhood that she never had instead of telling her the truth

nah fuck that. It's the fuckin apocalypse bruh who the hell wouldnt have an issue with people dying lol tf.

Chump move to lie to her face like that. And he knows shes smart so her even questioning him on if he's telling the truth should let him know she has doubts about what he said and he had an opportunity to come clean.

What about any of the shit they been through makes you think she wouldnt be able to handle the truth.. shes handled worse.

He wasnt protecting shit when it comes to her.. he's trying to protect her idea of him and their father/daughter relationship they built up and thats it.
She had to do those things for her survival, now she can go back to Tommy's spot and live somewhat safe from most of the dangers. What would telling her have accomplished, her running off and being killed. Joel made the right choice

She had to do those things for her survival, now she can go back to Tommy's spot and live somewhat safe from most of the dangers. What would telling her have accomplished, her running off and being killed. Joel made the right choice

what she decides should be HER decision to make.. not his.

She asked him for the truth. He denied her of that and because of that.. hes a selfish piece of shit

Joel did nothing wrong.

He held up his end of the bargain to get her there safe, and what he get in return…?

A concussion, his surrogate daughter taken from him, and told she will be killed. No opportunity for last words even.

Unceremoniously kicked out, and told that if he reacted in any way that he would be shot dead like a dog in the street.

Even if your initial reaction is not to kill everybody and all you wanted to do was say “Wait let me at least talk to her and see if this is really what she’d want!! And if so let me say goodbye.”

But no… after all he went through it was just

“Go fuck yourself, Joel.”

Oh, word…?!

8F08DA7A-76E3-42FA-8C1A-EFEE77478B2E.gif

Everybody gotta go

That lie was some bullshit tho.

All he had to say was

“They took some blood samples, and ran some tests. It’s up to them now to do what they do. Your part in this is over. Time to go home”

This. They did a whole personality switch. Joel now has some child-like optimism to where he can enjoy some things. Ellie is hardened like Joel used to be bc of the things she's seen and experienced. She's a kid by her age but she no longer has any of a child's innocence.

What makes you feel Joel is that he understands and embraces his trauma to a full commit.
He doesn't really wrestle with much,.. He has full self justification,....

There's guilt sure., but he's convinced he can live with more guilt than loss,. And honestly given what he's loss., he's entitled that solely off of how hard he's willing to fight for it

Back