Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO The Last of Us (No 2nd Game Spoilers!!)

I love paradoxical shit like this.

Sacrifice your child to save the world?

That's the overall all concept. Like in the bible, he so loved the world he gave his own son.

But for Joel specifically, the world took his child. And then spit him back out when he tried to take his own life to be with her. So for Joel, it's simple... Fuck the world. I'm not here for the world. I'm here for whatever I attach myself to. Right now it's Ellie.

Joel isn't interested in the greater good. He's aware of this. He does not consider himself a good man. He doesn't try to be good. He admittedly is self serving. He gave no fucks about Ellie in the beginning. But now he does. But it didn't make him a better person, she's just his current something to fight for

whats to pursue? He killed the people that were actively trying to make the cure. They said it a few times in this series.. if anybody else sees the bite marks on her arm they aint asking questions they killing her immediately
Tune in next season

Ok I've had a change of heart on Joel. I'm not "fuck him" and "get him outa here" no more.. That's whats so great about the story and the choices. No right or wrong answers. Whatever you decide you're falling on both swords.

I'm with Joel as far as...yea ellie mighta chosen to go through with it even with having all the information. But Joel knows how the world is. Sarah's death to that point was the worst thing that's happened to Joel and it's been a downward spiral ever since. That came at the hand of a human. Look at how fedra was terrorizing folks in Kansas City. The raiders he and ellie have had to fight off. Pedo cannibal preacher and his crew.

Let's assume Ellie's sacrifice is worth it and they get a cure/vaccine out of it. How much has to go right in order for that cure to actually be widely made and distributed with how feral and self serving ppl are and have been made to be for survival. So im kinda with Joel now in that regard. Ellie is the only thing he loves and all he really has in this world and based on what he's seen since the outbreak, he has no reason to trust humanity to get it right with her.

Right. Like what is we saving?

Fuck them niggaz, cuz it ain't the fungus that makes people sick. The sickest niggaz in the world is healthy then a motherfucker. We good on that. I'll take Ellie off y'all hands. In fact

Headshot
Headshot

Gut shot...cold words...headshot

Ok I've had a change of heart on Joel. I'm not "fuck him" and "get him outa here" no more.. That's whats so great about the story and the choices. No right or wrong answers. Whatever you decide you're falling on both swords.

I'm with Joel as far as...yea ellie mighta chosen to go through with it even with having all the information. But Joel knows how the world is. Sarah's death to that point was the worst thing that's happened to Joel and it's been a downward spiral ever since. That came at the hand of a human. Look at how fedra was terrorizing folks in Kansas City. The raiders he and ellie have had to fight off. Pedo cannibal preacher and his crew.

Let's assume Ellie's sacrifice is worth it and they get a cure/vaccine out of it. How much has to go right in order for that cure to actually be widely made and distributed with how feral and self serving ppl are and have been made to be for survival. So im kinda with Joel now in that regard. Ellie is the only thing he loves and all he really has in this world and based on what he's seen since the outbreak, he has no reason to trust humanity to get it right with her.
There you go Gabi

like its one thing if they were talking about something that could turn infected back to regular people

but they talking about creating a vaccine. To get distributed and passed out amongst the wealthy and powerful..

like if the shit worked.... big if.....it's going to immediately be controlled by the worst of the worst..

if this show tells us anything.. there are really no good people left. it's not worth giving ellies life to save this shit

I think she was traumatized from killing her first non-infected person and that whole situation with David moreso than survivors remorse.

She still deserved to make her own choice
I think it was just the first non infected person she killed in the show. Didn't she kill raiders in the game? I'm going to break down and buy the PS5 remastered and play it again

So how'd you feel about his death?

Oh I was tight and wanted Abby dead immediately. When we find out why she killed him I was like well damn I get it...you still gotta die tho! lol

Which is why Pt 2 was so dope. The cycle of revenge and how everybody is the hero of their own story but potentially a villain in someone elses

Oh I was tight and wanted Abby dead immediately. When we find out why she killed him I was like well damn I get it...you still gotta die tho! lol

Which is why Pt 2 was so dope. The cycle of revenge and how everybody is the hero of their own story but potentially a villain in someone elses
If we had did Abby's story first then it wouldn't have been so bad but we went half the game hating her nobody wanted to play her POV

If you think about it, Joel had no choice but to kill everyone to give Ellie a choice. The Fireflies didn’t give her a choice and if he didn’t kill them she would have died without making a choice.

Joel is wrong for not telling her the truth, but he was in a no win until that point. At that point he should have said “they were going to kill you to get a cure without your permission, so I killed them all to save you so you could make that choice on your own. If this is something you’d really like to do, we’ll try to find someone else to do it.”

Last edited:
Telling her would only put more deaths that she has to carry, you lie in the moment and deal with the consequences of that lie later.
Why would she carry the deaths? Joel was pulling the trigger. Yeah he did it for her, but he’s been killing for her the entire time.

Does she also carry the death of the boy he killed that stabbed him? The death of the people he killed that were following that crazy lady?

Back