Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Juneteenth Lounge

Saw a video this morning with Deion Sanders talking about NIL deals and what people aren’t seeing is the era of the NIL.

Said NIL stands for name, image, and likeness. Meaning that to get those deals, you have to prove yourself being responsible enough or worthy enough for a million dollar company investing in you.

Everyone in college won’t earn that, so it’s supposed to only pay the standouts. Instead, it legalized boosters giving money to kids in the open, making it easier to just pay players for being somewhere.

And it’s crazy how the next few years college fans anger will be at the NIL deal, like people got mad at Obama care, or people getting mad at Trump, it’s almost like the thing that you’re mad at is the Trojan horse for the thing you should be concerned about.

Now I just apply that to everything that bothers me. Its rarely ever the thing I can just name.

Saw a video this morning with Deion Sanders talking about NIL deals and what people aren’t seeing is the era of the NIL.

Said NIL stands for name, image, and likeness. Meaning that to get those deals, you have to prove yourself being responsible enough or worthy enough for a million dollar company investing in you.

Everyone in college won’t earn that, so it’s supposed to only pay the standouts. Instead, it legalized boosters giving money to kids in the open, making it easier to just pay players for being somewhere.

And it’s crazy how the next few years college fans anger will be at the NIL deal, like people got mad at Obama care, or people getting mad at Trump, it’s almost like the thing that you’re mad at is the Trojan horse for the thing you should be concerned about.

Now I just apply that to everything that bothers me. Its rarely ever the thing I can just name.
They should update the NIL shit

I wish you were more more up to date when these conversations are happening in real time

But to anyone who is upset, they'll be ok. The amount of money earned so far in NIL agreements pales in comparison to what coaches and the NCAA has made.

Why would you be upset at someone being able to make money off their NIL?

It's why Saban is retiring cause he likes being the only one dancing at the party

Idgaf who is offended.

Basically releasing 2 singles and announcing an album on the night where a 140 million ppl are watching and should be talking bout Usher and his performance at the SB

U know Usher also a tour last night right and nobody talking bout that shit
Nah. Weird time to announce but I don't think it took anything away from Usher and her husband was the one to essentially hire him for the gig so the math isn't exactly mathing there.

I wish you were more more up to date when these conversations are happening in real time

But to anyone who is upset, they'll be ok. The amount of money earned so far in NIL agreements pales in comparison to what coaches and the NCAA has made.

Why would you be upset at someone being able to make money off their NIL?

It's why Saban is retiring cause he likes being the only one dancing at the party

Idgaf who is offended.
It’s not about them getting money, it’s that guys are being thrusted in the life of having a lot of money at a young age and what that does to the psyche of a young man. It’s always been a problem but it was primarily with the stand outs, guys that places could baby sit and clean up mistakes and try to keep out of trouble.

But now because it’s more prominent across the board it creates something dangerous but has only so long before it causes a litany of problems.

When guys like Jordan were getting 40 mill and P.R treatment, it’s like ok, that MJ. But now when an average guy is getting 30 mil. Do they have the passion to go other there an perform both socially and game wise, like they need to earn it?

It’s not about them getting money, it what getting money does to people. It will affect the product and it will affect the perception of the product, which fucks with the integrity of the product. And that matters to people who care about that.

The NbA is about to get more Ben Simmons than get Embids, and Jokers. More people are like Ben Simmons than not

It’s not about them getting money, it’s that guys are being thrusted in the life of having a lot of money at a young age and what that does to the psyche of a young man. It’s always been a problem but it was primarily with the stand outs, guys that places could baby sit and clean up mistakes and try to keep out of trouble.

But now because it’s more prominent across the board it creates something dangerous but has only so long before it causes a litany of problems.

When guys like Jordan were getting 40 mill and P.R treatment, it’s like ok, that MJ. But now when an average guy is getting 30 mil. Do they have the passion to go other there an perform both socially and game wise, like they need to earn it?

It’s not about them getting money, it what getting money does to people. It will affect the product and it will affect the perception of the product, which fucks with the integrity of the product. And that matters to people who care about that.
I don't think they can just access the funds like that. So they’re not just kids out here wildin out. I thought it was a trust fund type deal but maybe I'm mistaken.

But when Jay drops an album to step on Nas shit he a hater

But Beyoncé can’t be?

Y’all weird

Lol

Did she drop an album or just mention she was dropping one? There's a difference.

Also jay and nas had legendary beef that would lead us to that assumption. What issues do Beyonce and Usher have?

If anything it was a shot at Taylor but not everything gotta be rooted in niggatry.

Back