Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Juneteenth Lounge

Man my check engine light just came on this past weekend. And now my brakes are starting to go on me. Cars know it’s tax season.

My battery/voltage light has been flashing on and off recently and now whenever I hit a bump on the passenger side I hear something clunking around like a tie rod or something is about to go. I just got a new battery in December so I know that ain't the problem so it's likely the alternator going out.

This CAN'T be real. Nobody is this stupid in real life.

4cc40eecc70ca1b79bdf84d15e1588a9.jpg

I’ve been reading a book and it has helped me greatly as of late.

The basic is that, we accept that we aren’t one person. We are a multitude of of us from different points in our life, all occupying the same mind.

This is why at times you find yourself bothered by something you feel like shouldn’t bother you. It’s because the you of now that is driving the vehicle of you, isn’t the one bothered. Its one of the others riding along.

So what you do is you allow that other to vent, you give them an image, and mannerism, and it’s like you are watching an external event of this person venting their feelings about the subject.

Then, after they vent, thank them for sharing, empathize with them if you can, don’t judge them or try to correct them. Just be a supportive friend. And then move along with your day.

I tell you, you’re gonna identify so much shit that you thought bothered you, that doesn’t bother you. You’re gonna identify so much shit in your day that you can make peace with.

In accepting your fragmented consciousness, ironically, you become more whole.

Back