Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Joe Budden Podcast

Joe's no ad policy is baffling and a fumble, but, its his shit to fumble tho. He's his own boss.

I also dont take niggas online saying they get all this money as facts. We seen that time and time again for it to be proven they they're exaggerating or leaving shit out on purpose. Then you find out they arnt even the boss of their own shit, they gotta ask people if they can do certain stuff.

Joe's no ad policy is baffling and a fumble, but, its his shit to fumble tho. He's his own boss.

I also dont take niggas online saying they get all this money as facts. We seen that time and time again for it to be proven they they're exaggerating or leaving shit out on purpose. Then you find out they arnt even the boss of their own shit, they gotta ask people if they can do certain stuff.
How is it a fumble? He seems to be doing well without ads. And personally as a listener I'm glad there's no ad reads, they ruin the listening experience imo.

How is it a fumble? He seems to be doing well without ads. And personally as a listener I'm glad there's no ad reads, they ruin the listening experience imo.
Revenue, a lot of missed revenue. He's doing well because of the money he makes from.....ads the streaming platforms play on his podcast. He could make even more if he did just a couple ad reads on the show.

And to be real, if you're listening for free, it doesnt matter much that the listener likes not hearing ads. The revenue from these ads is what keep these shows going. And it doesnt take much effort to FF a 30 second ad read. Yall act like they're doing random infomercials in the middle of a podcast.

*shrugs* They seem to be doing well enough with the tiered patreon shit.
People pay for that extra content and to ask dumbass questions that might get answered on the pod
I think the Patreon is making them pretty good money. Especially with the tiers, like you pointed. Andrew Schulz is making an allegeded 100K/mo. Joe and them could be in the same ballpark

9ca5c6b62b.png

Ok, actually it's very speculative bc we don't know how many patrons they have. Except when Joe said the number was 20K couple years ago.

Some of them are making serious money on their own.

Last edited:
Yall act like they're doing random infomercials in the middle of a podcast.

lol they do. Gillie does the Amsterdam Vodka commercial atleast 12 times per pod 😂

Most of JBN's bread comes from Patreon. JBN does ads, but they sneak them in, like they did with the juneteenth movie.

New Joe has too much Rizz

futurama-fry.gif

lol they do. Gillie does the Amsterdam Vodka commercial atleast 12 times per pod 😂

Most of JBN's bread comes from Patreon. JBN does ads, but they sneak them in, like they did with the juneteenth movie.
Thats Gillies choice for the amount. NGL I had it when some people go over kill with that shit, but i just FF.

But to give you an idea of the amount those ads pull in. 1 comedian podcaster i listen to was telling a story about doing this radio show in the past that was doing a bunch of ads. He asked him how much he got paid for them and dude said some shit like $50 per x amount of reads (i dont remember the amount) and when the guy asked how much he got on his podcast, he didnt wanna answer him cuz he felt bad. This was when his podcast wasnt as popular and he was getting $2,500 per read.

Ijs 1 or 2 reads edited in the middle of the pod could bring in at least 10s of thousands more per month. But if Joe dont care, it is what it is. For all i know Gillie and them need all those ads to make as much as Joe

I personally don’t care if there are ads or not. I don’t understand when people say ads lessen the pod experience. It’s not like a movie. They be jumping all over the place and take breaks anyway.

I like it the way it is. And they gotta be paid for some of those music and tv/streaming network shows they review. And I'm sure they're eating off some of those sleepers if they're smart.

No because literally every single other pod i listen to has ads and it’s only ever 2 to 3 quick clicks of the 15 seconds forward button. It’s never once affected my listening experience.
Exactly.

At the same time, I respect Joe’s decision. He got a lot of success without ads so his perspective is probably don’t rock the boat.

Watch how quick that perspective changes though if his pod is ever in decline financially. And that’s really an if. He may forever be ok without doing ads.

Back