The homeless epidemic in America

You're really stupid, you know that? Like, genuinely galactically stupid.

If we're willing to give a person food and clothing, but not cash that's not selfishness. That's still giving, ergo it cannot be selfish; it's just cautious.

You, on the other hand, don't care. You believe your act of "giving" is noble no matter what and cannot fathom that what you do simply exacerbates the problems many homeless have. You might as well go ahead and just hand the muhfucka the crack, meth, heroin, or pills they're addicted to 'cause you genuinely don't give a shit about human life.

The rest of us, on the other hand, care enough to feed someone, clothe them, maybe even pay for a cheap room to get 'em off the street for a spell, but we will not allow them to kill themselves with drugs.
the first sentence

nLT8uli.gif

If we're willing to give a person food and clothing, but not cash that's not selfishness. That's still giving, ergo it cannot be selfish; it's just cautious.

You, on the other hand, don't care. You believe your act of "giving" is noble no matter what and cannot fathom that what you do simply exacerbates the problems many homeless have. You might as well go ahead and just hand the muhfucka the crack, meth, heroin, or pills they're addicted to 'cause you genuinely don't give a shit about human life.

The rest of us, on the other hand, care enough to feed someone, clothe them, maybe even pay for a cheap room to get 'em off the street for a spell, but we will not allow them to kill themselves with drugs.

I read the bold in Rick's voice.

Was a joke on how many Americans love their vets. Yet seem to skip over the fact many of them are left without a pot to piss in and mental issues whilst the government turn a blind eye and promote others to join up.
But a lot of those cases, what can the government do? I have a lot of veteran friends who had to go to Iraq and Afghanistan. One time i was with one of them in the car when he was still in service and we saw a young guy maybe a couple years older than us at the time (like 24 or 25) with a sign saying he was a homeless vet & asking for me. I asked my homie how is he homeless rn & dude said it was his fault. Told me a lot of them are broke when they get out because they just spent all their money on dumb shit, like cars & strippers, then they turn around and demand we give them more money.
I dont see our government devoting time to people who got out the military with the same amount of money they came in with.

Nigga called him galactically stupid lmao. Yo yall too creative wit the disses man.

The bold is why I go into the threads that I do go into in The Cool Table. These cats are hilariously disrespectful.

Reactions: Big Lurko
But a lot of those cases, what can the government do? I have a lot of veteran friends who had to go to Iraq and Afghanistan. One time i was with one of them in the car when he was still in service and we saw a young guy maybe a couple years older than us at the time (like 24 or 25) with a sign saying he was a homeless vet & asking for me. I asked my homie how is he homeless rn & dude said it was his fault. Told me a lot of them are broke when they get out because they just spent all their money on dumb shit, like cars & strippers, then they turn around and demand we give them more money.
I dont see our government devoting time to people who got out the military with the same amount of money they came in with.

I get all of that, and I have a grip of younger cousins that are vets and are doing well for themselves. But the thing is the government has the money to set aside for food, housing, and for help with mental issues or drug addiction for homeless vets that need that help.

A few years ago there was an old Econo Lodge just north of The Strip right on Las Vegas Blvd. It was bought, renovated, and converted into housing for homeless veterans out here and they have programs for food, education, mental help, and help for vets that are addicts. 125 rooms and dedicated to helping homeless vets get on their feet with ZERO money from the government. Our government should be doing shit like that, not private citizens.

Reactions: Mr BFK and The Hue
I live in a fairly nice area but there are homeless on a lot of these corners.

Most people in my experience are really just looking for something to eat, some water and that's what I try to give.
I don't keep cash on me so that's typically out of the picture but I'm not against it if I have it.

I truly feel if I give out of the kindness of my heart then I've done my part, whatever they do with the money is on them. You know you need a meal and you're spending it on whatever, your fault. If you're scamming it's going to come back on you one day.

Obviously common sense comes into play and I'm fairly good at reading people. I've seen amputees, veterans, women etc. One day I was coming off the freeway and this lady was on the corner, I asked what do you need? She said do you have some water? I said no but I can go get you some. It was pretty hot that day and you can tell she didn't think I was coming back. I went to a dollar store, came back with two big ass bottles of water and she burst into tears, she was so thankful. I have no problem helping those people.

I often try to stop and think how truly blessed I am, it's the least I could do is be a blessing to someone else.

Live in reno nevada

Tesla came thru and literally rose the value on all propertiez.
Good for my family cuz we own stuff but messed up for those who lived comfortably on mininum wage and now cant cuz rent is higher. I do graeyard deliveries and the homeless population has risen that has extended to the nicer areas in town.
Also simple way to deal with homeless panhandling; offer to buy them food and then youll know whats their real intentions

Live in reno nevada

Tesla came thru and literally rose the value on all propertiez.
Good for my family cuz we own stuff but messed up for those who lived comfortably on mininum wage and now cant cuz rent is higher. I do graeyard deliveries and the homeless population has risen that has extended to the nicer areas in town.
Also simple way to deal with homeless panhandling; offer to buy them food and then youll know whats their real intentions
Grave yard delivery? Da fuck

I get all of that, and I have a grip of younger cousins that are vets and are doing well for themselves. But the thing is the government has the money to set aside for food, housing, and for help with mental issues or drug addiction for homeless vets that need that help.

A few years ago there was an old Econo Lodge just north of The Strip right on Las Vegas Blvd. It was bought, renovated, and converted into housing for homeless veterans out here and they have programs for food, education, mental help, and help for vets that are addicts. 125 rooms and dedicated to helping homeless vets get on their feet with ZERO money from the government. Our government should be doing shit like that, not private citizens.
People with severe mental issues and crazy drug addictions is something totally different than what im talking about. If you go into the military fine and come out like that of course they should take are of you. I'm talking about the ones who put themselves in that situation but dont wanna accept responsibility.

Bro you typed all that shit and yet i dont give a fuck. I could care less where the money goes or if they use a sandwich to feed their dog.

Bro you typed all that shit and yet i dont give a fuck. I could care less where the money goes or if they use a sandwich to feed their dog.

Exactly, so you can admit that you're not genuinely concerned about your fellow man; you just do shit to say you did it, not to make a difference.

Exactly, so you can admit that you're not genuinely concerned about your fellow man; you just do shit to say you did it, not to make a difference.

False i do it cuz a lil 50 cents not hurting nobody. I dont assume most are fiends and addicts. If your experience was mostly negative so be it. But i dont clock people moves. They are responsible for themselves.

False i do it cuz a lil 50 cents not hurting nobody. I dont assume most are fiends and addicts. If your experience was mostly negative so be it. But i dont clock people moves. They are responsible for themselves.

If a bartender serves a drink to someone visibly drunk, and that person leaves, gets behind the wheel, and ends up killing someone because of it, the bartender is held accountable for that death almost as if he/she were driving drunk.

The things you do have consequences and you are accountable for them. If what you do ultimately helps lead a person to their death, then you're on the hook for it in the grand scheme.

If a bartender serves a drink to someone visibly drunk, and that person leaves, gets behind the wheel, and ends up killing someone because of it, the bartender is held accountable for that death almost as if he/she were driving drunk.

The things you do have consequences and you are accountable for them. If what you do ultimately helps lead a person to their death, then you're on the hook for it in the grand scheme.

But i cant assume somebody a fiend simply because they homeless with red eyes or looking skinny unless i see them do it. A drunk is easy to see bartenders train for it. Not even the same thing.

But i cant assume somebody a fiend simply because they homeless with red eyes or looking skinny unless i see them do it. A drunk is easy to see bartenders train for it. Not even the same thing.

Which is why you offer food or clothing, not cash. If someone says they're hungry and you offer to buy food and they decline, you know that if you gave them money they ain't finna use it for food.

Which is why you offer food or clothing, not cash. If someone says they're hungry and you offer to buy food and they decline, you know that if you gave them money they ain't finna use it for food.

I dont just have spare clothes on me nor do i need to hold your hand at the gas station to make sure you get what i approve of. They are not my kid bro. You do it your way ill do it mine.