The homeless epidemic in America

Big Lurko

Im not here to read more than 2 lines..
Aug 11, 2017
Was watching some eye opening documentaries this morning about the LA homeless epidemic and it reminded me how this literally can be you and how fortunate we are that it's not.

Also, i didnt consider much about the lack of rent stabilized apartments today contributing to the homeless epidemic and how it really almost sets you up for major setback when a slimeball landlord decides to up the price and you dont have the means to cover that hike. Theres literally no cap on how much a landlord can decide to raise it which is insane.

How is the homeless problem in your area? Have you ever personally dealt with being homeless?

I also didnt know almost 60,000 of current college students are homeless

What do you mean?
I dont go outta my way to help the homeless. Even if they on my way I dont help them. Tho I know I probably could. Tho I know they aren't all the worst of the worst humanity has to offer

However, I err on the side of caution and keep my distance

I dont go outta my way to help the homeless. Even if they on my way I dont help them. Tho I know I probably could. Tho I know they aren't all the worst of the worst humanity has to offer

However, I err on the side of caution and keep my distance
So..even giving a dollar is too much for you? I'm trying to understand your hesitation

serious question

define homeless

So..even giving a dollar is too much for you? I'm trying to understand your hesitation
Yes.

I dont give shit cause I dont know what you gonna do with it. I'm not against drug users but as I don't do drugs I certainly ain't about to support anyone else habit.

And you can say they may just be buying food and you'd be right but I dont know so......I keeps it moving

Yes.

I dont give shit cause I dont know what you gonna do with it. I'm not against drug users but as I don't do drugs I certainly ain't about to support anyone else habit.

And you can say they may just be buying food and you'd be right but I dont know so......I keeps it moving
No doubt

Yes.

Its sad people care that much about what poor people do with their money

Reactions: Big Lurko
Its sad people care that much about what poor people do with their money

Not really. If you work hard for your money, whilst it’s sad to see people down and out you dunno how or why they got to that situation.

I ain’t gunna earn money to hand out to someone cus he looks fucked up, only to see the same person the next day clearly not using the cash as intended.

Used to be a guy by me when I was an apprentice he’d walk by the bus stop asking for change for a train ticket. I fell for the okie doke and the next day he’s doing the same routine.

Skip forward a month I see him fucked up by a stack of bins with the belt still on his arm.

Next time told him to fuck himself.

Not really. If you work hard for your money, whilst it’s sad to see people down and out you dunno how or why they got to that situation.

I ain’t gunna earn money to hand out to someone cus he looks fucked up, only to see the same person the next day clearly not using the cash as intended.

Used to be a guy by me when I was an apprentice he’d walk by the bus stop asking for change for a train ticket. I fell for the okie doke and the next day he’s doing the same routine.

Skip forward a month I see him fucked up by a stack of bins with the belt still on his arm.

Next time told him to fuck himself.
As you should of

Reactions: Englishdude
Was watching some eye opening documentaries this morning about the LA homeless epidemic and it reminded me how this literally can be you and how fortunate we are that it's not.

Also, i didnt consider much about the lack of rent stabilized apartments today contributing to the homeless epidemic and how it really almost sets you up for major setback when a slimeball landlord decides to up the price and you dont have the means to cover that hike. Theres literally no cap on how much a landlord can decide to raise it which is insane.

How is the homeless problem in your area? Have you ever personally dealt with being homeless?

This is a great topic!

Reactions: DOS_patos and Love
Why do you do this, homeless is people living on the streets with no place to go and no money.
He shated that almost 60k college graduates have no home

I was wondering if they couldn't go home or something

That's all

I never talked about this because I did it from my heart but the local news had a report about a couple of homeless people living under a bridge; a couple of years ago. Something hit me in my conscious. I used to roll by the bridge, from time to time and drop them off pizza that I'll buy for them. I had to realize that was blessed to be in the situation that I was/am in and gladly that I could support.

• Goat
Reactions: genocide_cutter