Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The fast food wages+ thread

36-38 hrs is the sweet spot for work-life balance. Some prefer more, some prefer less, most prefer 36-38 to feel they have enough personal life time.

How much time do actually like to have to unwind after work? How will it affect your sleeping not having a regular schedule? Is driving long hours good for your back in the long run?

Don't have to answer, just thoughts BA now has in her head.
Too late I'm replying!

I sincerely appreciate your response.. This career change 411'ing I am doing I will not rush, but I will not be laid back on either. I've had my "I've had it" moment at the government job. Things will get much worse before any care is given to make things better.

• Goat
Reactions: B_A
I wonder how the steps to unionize are going

this is all that's left to protect these workers' higher wages

I drove past a Taco Bell the other day with a sign that offered pay of $18 an hour plus a $500 bonus

this is how wages should be raised instead of instituting a MW hike

the employees are finally starting to negotiate for what they feel they rightfully should be paid🙂

this is all that's left to protect these workers' higher wages

I drove past a Taco Bell the other day with a sign that offered pay of $18 an hour plus a $500 bonus

this is how wages should be raised instead of instituting a MW hike

the employees are finally starting to negotiate for what they feel they rightfully should be paid🙂
Should be both. I dont see how you're for this but against min wage...

Should be both. I dont see how you're for this but against min wage...

because a MW hike is a law that eliminates the ability for someone to negotiate higher wages

if u increase MW to provide a livable wage......only thing that happens is that inflation rises to erode the net increase in take home pay for every worker

vs.

if u allow folks to unionize and negotiate on their own, workers actually get paid what they are willing to accept instead of an artificial price for their labor.....then the union can protect their higher pay and wages rise in a way that outpaces inflation

but in the past raising MW has actually allowed all these companies to collude with each other in preventing workers' ability to ask for more pay......and culturally we rarely educate or encourage workers to negotiate for fair pay for their skills

meanwhile competition allows workers to go somewhere else for higher pay..........well MW prevents that if every company in town only pays MW and it's considered a standard

I hate these deceiving server posts. They make sure to make it about their check and hide how much they took home in tips.

Its always to gain more sympathy and higher tip percentage, not to make owners pay them a living wage. Proof is the end message is always "tip your servers", not 'lets come together and change this law so owners pay their employees'.

Back