Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Crips Move to Lock Down Nipsey Hussle’s ‘Marathon’ Slogan

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Nipsey Hussle[/a] was a well known member of the Crips street gang and touted the organization until the day he died, and now they’re looking to use his famous slogan to help better the lives of youth in the community.

According to documents obtained by The Blast, the Crips moved to register “The Marathon Continues,” to be used in a mixture of services, including “Arranging and conducting youth sports programs.”

The application was actually filed by the Crips holding company, Crips LLC, on May 16.

Among the other services listed for Nipsey’s catchphrase, the Crips included, “Developing educational manuals for others in the field of community organizing, gang prevention” and “gang intervention.”

The application also mentions entertainment services to be provided by celebrities, comedians, rappers and “community organizers” from both the Crips and the Bloods.

An attachment in the application also mentions a documentary titled “The Marathon Continues,” that is slated for a summer 2019 release on “all streaming platforms.”

The Crips first registered their LLC in 2018, along with the Bloods street gang, who registered Bloods LLC.

At the time, a press release was put out announcing the rebranding of the organizations under the holding companies, and a refocused energy on the communities in South L.A.

2decfdbb947103dde5da9c8e40a4960d

More power to them.

American pop culture is probably 90% derived from black street culture. The same thing they mock and demonize, but have no problem appropriating into dominant society as "cool". American slang alone is proof of that. Next time some tv show Crips walks on tv, they need to have a check ready.

Gang member lawyers, real estate agents, and etc. They definitively have the potential of being the next not-so secret society. And frankly, they just need to adapt to the times and get more legit anyway. Drones, camera's everywhere, pulling texts and videos out the cloud. DNA, forensics, and all that shit have to be making things more difficult out there.

More power to them.

American pop culture is probably 90% derived from black street culture. The same thing they mock and demonize, but have no problem appropriating into dominant society as "cool". American slang alone is proof of that. Next time some tv show Crips walks on tv, they need to have a check ready.

Gang member lawyers, real estate agents, and etc. They definitively have the potential of being the next not-so secret society. And frankly, they just need to adapt to the times and get more legit anyway. Drones, camera's everywhere, pulling texts and videos out the cloud. DNA, forensics, and all that shit have to be making things more difficult out there.

More power to them?

Fuck out of here. They trying to profit of his work with his family

They trying to take

More power to them?

Fuck out of here. They trying to profit of his work with his family

They trying to take

You could view it like that, but unless "The Marathon Continues" was already copy-written by Nipsey's estate, what they did was perfectly legal. Wise in fact as the slogan is popular, trending, and fair game for any one to grab. This type of thing happens all the time in business. Nipsey's estate should of had the foresight to do it, but got beat to the punch. Or maybe they just didn't have any interest. I'd even guarantee you some outsider would of jumped on the slogan eventually if Crips LLC hadn't. Anyway, if the Crips LLC is intending to do what they say with it I wish them the best.

I have trying to point this out.
But got kicked out the thread.

Now y'all see what I'm saying.

Even yg said the family is aware if it and says it's alot of fake love.

Anyway...I think killer Mike helped them start it during his doc.

I have trying to point this out.
But got kicked out the thread.

Now y'all see what I'm saying.

Even yg said the family is aware if it and says it's alot of fake love.

Anyway...I think killer Mike helped them start it during his doc.

What Killer Mike did with the crips and bloods don't got shit to do with the crips copyrighting "The Marathon Continues". You shouldn't have even insinuated no shit like that.

On to the topic of the thread. Yall know my motto from here on out "I see nothing wrong with it LET EVERYBODY COOK!!"

What Killer Mike did with the crips and bloods don't got shit to do with the crips copyrighting "The Marathon Continues". You shouldn't have even insinuated no shit like that.

On to the topic of the thread. Yall know my motto from here on out "I see nothing wrong with it LET EVERYBODY COOK!!"
I didn't insinuate shit.
I said I think the crips got into the LLC because of killer Mike.

Where did I insinuate anything about the marathon copyright?

I didn't insinuate shit.
I said I think the crips got into the LLC because of killer Mike.

Where did I insinuate anything about the marathon copyright?

Looking at the topic and then you leaving your comment saying "I think Killer Mike helped them start it during his doc" would leave folks to believe Killer Mike helped them start the copyright process since that is what the thread is about.

The Marathon Clothing.

TMC

The Marathon Continues

TMC

If anybody don’t think anything wrong with what they trying to do without the family signing off on this your part of the problem

The Marathon Clothing.

TMC

The Marathon Continues

TMC

If anybody don’t think anything wrong with what they trying to do without the family signing off on this your part of the problem
U know his estate can put a stop to that right?

Looking at the topic and then you leaving your comment saying "I think Killer Mike helped them start it during his doc" would leave folks to believe Killer Mike helped them start the copyright process since that is what the thread is about.
You picking fights early?
I said what I said.
It's also about context.
You can speak about a topic within a topic and have context not refer to the main topic

They don’t have that phrase trademarked.

And with Nip not in the pictures I can see them getting “pressured” into let the crips get a piece of the pie that they don’t deserve
But it's the life ......
Ya know forget it.
I guess I'd be wrong for saying what I was about to say.

You picking fights early?
I said what I said.
It's also about context.
You can speak about a topic within a topic and have context not refer to the main topic

Yes you can but the way left that open ended you left yourself for it to be interpreted that way.

Deal with it.

The Crips are a part of Nipsey and Nipsey is a part of the Crips. Its all family

Let them folks cook!!

Why they don’t have a stake in all his companies then ?

Maybe they do you nor I truly know if they do or don't. Just cause its not public don't mean thats the case.

Even if they don't still don't mean much IMO. Especially since some of things he was doing was to help his gang family out.

Back