Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
My homegirl found out she has cancer and she not taking it serious…
Sorry to hear that, man. Maybe it hasn't hit her, yet, or maybe she doesn't want you to worry, too much. What makes you say she's not taking it serious? Also, do you know what type and stage?

Asked her, she say once she found out she never went back to find out anything else..
Like if she ignore it, it’ll go away..
Fuck...

I don't know what to say, man. Assuming y'all are close, push her to go back as much as you can, like to the point that she cuts you off. In the end at least you can say you tried. Cancer treatment has come so far, there's so much that can be done. It might even be a false positive. Convince her to get a second opinion at least.

Good luck to her.

Fuck...

I don't know what to say, man. Assuming y'all are close, push her to go back as much as you can, like to the point that she cuts you off. In the end at least you can say you tried. Cancer treatment has come so far, there's so much that can be done. It might even be a false positive. Convince her to get a second opinion at least.

Good luck to her.
I think she on the verge of cutting me off right now, I kinda went hard on her for downplaying the situation.. She say dumb shit like “we all gotta die one day”.. that shit make me mad as fuck..

She may be afraid and that’s her defense mechanism. Hopefully she starts taking it serious before it’s too late.
She just wished me happy birthday like 10 minutes ago.. She’s definitely downplaying it and maybe it is her defense mechanism but on the strength of her kids and people who love her she need to put her big girl panties on and address the shit head on.. I don’t even think she went for a second opinion..

She just wished me happy birthday like 10 minutes ago.. She’s definitely downplaying it and maybe it is her defense mechanism but on the strength of her kids and people who love her she need to put her big girl panties on and address the shit head on.. I don’t even think she went for a second opinion..
I was gonna ask if she had kids. She definitely needs to get a second opinion. Children need their parents. I really hope she does what she needs to do.

My homegirl found out she has cancer and she not taking it serious…

What do you mean by not taking it serious?

I've known folks who had cancer from smoking and kept right on smoking and doing them because they wanted to die on their own terms and happy.

I wouldn't say them doing that was them not taking cancer serious.

Kind of feel like I would do the same shit. If I know I'm dying fuck it I'm going out doing me and making me happy.

What do you mean by not taking it serious?

I've known folks who had cancer from smoking and kept right on smoking and doing them because they wanted to die on their own terms and happy.

I wouldn't say them doing that was them not taking cancer serious.

Kind of feel like I would do the same shit. If I know I'm dying fuck it I'm going out doing me and making me happy.
Is it ever okay for a person to be like “well since you don’t care about YOUR SITUATION, why should I ??” And then just act like everything is normal..

I don’t want to do that..

Is it ever okay for a person to be like “well since you don’t care about YOUR SITUATION, why should I ??” And then just act like everything is normal..

I don’t want to do that..

I would lean toward saying no. I say that because more than likely that person does care. They just may not care how you care or how you think they should be caring about their situation.

I didn't like that the folks I knew continued to smoke but I respected it. It's their life to live and if they feel it's on it's last legs who am I to over express my opinion on how they should live. I can't be mad at them for going out happy and on their own terms.

I ain't the one who has to go through whatever side effects that treatment may have on them. Add on to that at the end of it all the treatment might not even help them.

I think she on the verge of cutting me off right now, I kinda went hard on her for downplaying the situation.. She say dumb shit like “we all gotta die one day”.. that shit make me mad as fuck..

That's tough. Depending on what kinda cancer she has, that fight might be tough. Sometimes the struggle it takes to survive is worse than what you experience when you just let the cancer take you. Some people ain't really built for the fight.

Do you think she really heard the prognosis or do you think she checked out after she found out she had cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back