Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
This a terrible time to buy tho, id wait at minimum a year.
Waited 2 years already

It’s not really in my hands anymore and while houses might be cheaper the interest rates will probably go up

also cheaper houses means way more competition

it’s not in my hands anymore though

also gonna refinance in a year

Pandemic fucked everything up. People say it's over but we're still dealing with the fallout

Pretty much. But if someone needs to buy now I wouldn't fault them. Better to pay high mortgage than sky high rent. At least when it finally does go boom you can refinance to a lower APR. Your house may not be worth near as much but your payment will still go down with a lower rate.

Exactly

I was told in 2019 to wait until it goes down crazy in two years

It’s about to be 2023 and it’s not even a full on guarantee

Can’t keep putting life stuff on hold

To be clear, I was one of the people telling folks to wait a couple years....we living in a different world now tho. Who knows when/if it goes back to our old "normal"?

I was one of those people too but my wife miserable where we are at and I can’t have a baby until I move so I mean..something gotta shake here

Same here: I'm miserable here where we're at now. Figured I'd bounce back to MI and rent for a while but these landlords are outta their fuckin minds. 640-680 or better credit score making 3-4 times the rent and shit but the rent on a 3 bed/2 bath crib starting at $2k.

I took a chance and applied for a loan on a crib and got it. I'll refinance when the shit goes lower.

Exactly

I was told in 2019 to wait until it goes down crazy in two years

It’s about to be 2023 and it’s not even a full on guarantee

Can’t keep putting life stuff on hold

You should have bought during the pandemic. It was a bit of a Seller's market so houses were a little more expensive in general, but the interest rates were historically low. I bought a brand new house this year and got a 2.5% rate. My brother waited 6 months and ended up with a 20 y/o house with a 5.75% interest rate.

Same here: I'm miserable here where we're at now. Figured I'd bounce back to MI and rent for a while but these landlords are outta their fuckin minds. 640-680 or better credit score making 3-4 times the rent and shit but the rent on a 3 bed/2 bath crib starting at $2k.

I took a chance and applied for a loan on a crib and got it. I'll refinance when the shit goes lower.

Be happy about that 2K for a 3 bedroom

The average price of a studio hovers around $1,924, according to the report. A one-bedroom costs nearly $2,400 a month, while a two-bedroom apartment costs around $3,200 a month in D.C. Three bedroom apartments in the city are going for $3,075 on average.

You should have bought during the pandemic. It was a bit of a Seller's market so houses were a little more expensive in general, but the interest rates were historically low. I bought a brand new house this year and got a 2.5% rate. My brother waited 6 months and ended up with a 20 y/o house with a 5.75% interest rate.
I’m giving myself 2 years to cop the big backyard w the pool experts are saying 23-24 should be a buyers markets but there may still be an issue due to low inventory

but the beauty is being comfortable in ur current situation so u don’t feel pressed into copping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back