Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPECIALLY the Baltimore shit...

Niggaz heard me in podcasts and all kinds of shit we posted on here. That shit exaggerated

Yeah, I remember people saying they were surprised that you barely had any accent. lol In my experience, Baltimore accents can be strong, but not nearly as strong as the reputation suggests.

Probably depends on when you talk to them. I work with a few people from Baltimore and they can code switch and minimize that shit but switch right back. Just like I can not slur my r words and say "here" "there" "area" "carry" etc.. correctly but if I'm comfortable then it comes out like "urrrrea" "hurr" "currry" and my accent gets really thick.

I'm basically the same way. I drop the r in a lot of words (e.g., store -> stow) and the th becomes a d in a lot of words (that -> dat) casually, but all that goes away in a professional setting. It's not even anything I consciously do. It just kinda happens. After, not having to go into the office for months during the pandemic the automatic switch stopped though. I found myself just speaking normally at work unless I was giving a presentation or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back