Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Betty Boop was originally a black character, but studio execs thought she'd be more profitable if she was white so they forced the change.

It's crazy because the creators admitted that not only was she black originally but the character was just a cartoon version of a real person, Esther Jones. That character has made millions of dollars and the real life person on which she was based got nothing. The entertainment industry is crazy.

real_betty_boop_baby_esther_black_woman.jpg

So Betty Boop was originally a black character, but studio execs thought she'd be more profitable if she was white so they forced the change.

It's crazy because the creators admitted that not only was she black originally but the character was just a cartoon version of a real person, Esther Jones. That character has made millions of dollars and the real life person on which she was based got nothing. The entertainment industry is crazy.

real_betty_boop_baby_esther_black_woman.jpg

I thought this was pretty well known at this point. There's been a lot of stuff published about this in the last 5-6 years.

I thought this was pretty well known at this point. There's been a lot of stuff published about this in the last 5-6 years.

Yeah, it seemed familiar, but I can't remember if I actually knew the whole story or not. I just happened to be watching something about Popeye, and black Betty Boop popped up in an episode, which led me to look up the backstory.

Lmaooo, this story about the corrections officer who is on the run with a prisoner who was in jail with murder is wild.

Not because of her or the dude. Cause im not interested in how he got her to fall in love with him and helped him escape or all that.

Im just interested in the perspective of her grandkids. Lmaoooo. Imagine waking up and learning your 60 year old grandmother fell in love with a dude doing time for murder, broke him out, and now they on the run. Lmaooooo. Shit funny as fuck to me.

Reminds me of that joint they did on showtime a couple years back. Escape at Dannemora.

I'd say life imitates art but that shit was based on a true story. White people just stay out of pocket.

Sounds mad familiar, I'd put it at '88-89ish. Prolly heard it back inna day.
Yep or maybe early 90's

Hell yeah I remember this!!!
My nigga!! This was a club banger

Kinda surprised this is my first time hearing this.
Wow bro......I figured out of everyone you would know this

Diggin’ In The Crates for this gem🔥🔥🔥
I can't remember what they would mix this with but the whole set was classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back