Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing I'll never get is folks who watch videos of other people doing shit like playing video games. It's one thing if you're looking at a video to get help beating a level but folks who literally just watch somebody play is weird as fuck. Just go play the game yourself

I get it.

I heard somebody bring up the argument about watching football and how it’s kinda the same thing

Some folks are so good at games you watch them play because you know you can never get to that level of skill.

Yes, what's weirder is that some of those videos has more views than the original video they are talking about in their video.

I hate when I click on those types of videos. I don't be wanting their re-cap I want to see the original video. Those video titles be clickbait like shit.
I mean everything is a recap. Some recap be entertaining and giving interesting takes. The art of storytelling is a thing even in this internet age. Don't really matter it if your story or not

Like that Netflix show Inventing Anna...man so good. But a core part is about how the story is told.

Hoe many of those you watched 👀

I can't say I've ever watched any from beginning to end. I don't get them. The only reaction vids I've ever watched have been things like "modern rap fan reacts to 90s Hip Hop" or "Heavy Metal fan reacts to It's Dark and Hell is Hot." Those are a little different though.

The one thing I'll never get is folks who watch videos of other people doing shit like playing video games. It's one thing if you're looking at a video to get help beating a level but folks who literally just watch somebody play is weird as fuck. Just go play the game yourself
I mean we watch people play a game of football, basketball, etc etc....what's the difference?

what about them Youtubers who take like 2 minutes of actual content and somehow end up with a 10-plus minute video

giving the same information 5 different ways with a recap at the end, like the entire video wasn't a recap

more commercials than commentary :Will:

The instant I hear their voice b4 the actual og vid plays...I exit out.

I'm not tryin to watch a video of you commenting and sounding like you recording in your hallway wit the air on. Foh

I feel this, but I also kinda get it for competitive games. Like it can be kinda fun watching high level fighting game players go at it. It's basically like watching any other sport really. Yeah, I can go outside and play basketball, that doesn't mean it isn't entertaining watching pros do it better than I could ever hope to do it.

I didn’t even see this before I kinda said the same thing

But yea, that really be it.

I play Apex and I watch some of the tournaments and I just be impressed by the skill level some of these folks have.

I can't say I've ever watched any from beginning to end. I don't get them. The only reaction vids I've ever watched have been things like "modern rap fan reacts to 90s Hip Hop" or "Heavy Metal fan reacts to It's Dark and Hell is Hot." Those are a little different though.
Sorry for the typo...but yeah I get what your saying. I don't like all the extra fluff. Telling me to subscribe a million times, intro videos and everything but the information. Some do a great job of adding personal takes but still telling the story.

I mean everything is a recap. Some recap be entertaining and giving interesting takes. The art of storytelling is a thing even in this internet age. Don't really matter it if your story or not

Like that Netflix show Inventing Anna...man so good. But a core part is about how the story is told.

I got tired that Inventing Anna shit and still haven't finished it.

Sorry for the typo...but yeah I get what your saying. I don't like all the extra fluff. Telling me to subscribe a million times, intro videos and everything but the information. Some do a great job of adding personal takes but still telling the story.

My wife used to watch reality TV. Now she just watches this one chick on YT summarize episodes of those shows. I kinda get that too. Some people can take some dry ass shit and make it exciting just with their personality and the how they present info.

Speaking if recaps...

I was the GAWD of recaps back in the old country. A savant in the art of recapping.

Excuse me as I reminisce on my glory years and bask in my recap excellence...

giphy (8).gif

Ladies of ABW, when you have been or are in a relationship with a man. And you hear about a place from a co worker or friend and you tell your man about it because you want to go.

Does he ask..if your friend or co worker black?

Do you know why he asks that?

Did you consider it before he asked you?

I can't actually go play in the NBA lol. I can cut on NBA2k anytime I want
Why can't you go play in the NBA? Its a lot of stories of people doing the seemingly impossible. You may not start or even be second string. But if you really wanted to you could.

You heard of the story Rudy? Yes I know, it's not the NBA, shit it was collegiate football not even NFl).but the point I'd you can if you want to.
p15066_p_v10_ac.jpg

Why can't you go play in the NBA? Its a lot of stories of people doing the seemingly impossible. You may not start or even be second string. But if you really wanted to you could.

You heard of the story Rudy? Yes I know, it's not the NBA, shit it was collegiate football not even NFl).but the point I'd you can if you want to.
View attachment 800547

😂😂 Rudy was actually one of my favorite movies growing up for that reason. And technically you're right and I get your point...I still find it weird to sit and watch somebody play a game I can just cut my own Playstation on and play myself. I can throw a football but I ain't about to launch a 60 yard dart through the air and hit a WR in stride for a td. On Madden I can with the click of a couple buttons. I can't dunk but I can hit that square on my controller and now I'm making espn highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back